Loki

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Loki

Post by I'm Murrin »

So that was a pretty fun start to the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Not sure how I feel about it only being 6 episodes, but then again ~5 hours is a lot of time to tell a story.

What do you folks think?

Here's where I try to predict where the whole thing is going based on just this first episode:
[spoiler]I think the end goal of this series is most likely the destruction or neutering of the TVA and the creation of the Marvel Multiverse. Which means Loki is somehow instrumental in that happening, probably responsible for it.
We know now that Loki is going to be helping Mobius hunt down himself, a variant Loki who's been thoroughly trouncing the TVA agents who try to stop him; he appears to know their tricks. I would not at all be surprised to discover later that these two Lokis are in fact the exact same character.
Loki as we see him here is utterly helpless against the TVA; a Loki who has been brought into their midst, taught their methods, given their resources? That Loki could certainly stand up to them. I think that the Loki we're following will become the Loki they're fighting, and I think the TVA & Time Keepers are completely unaware of this because it's happening inside their agency and not on the Sacred Timeline they monitor every part of.[/spoiler]
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was wrong!

Anyway, looks like this is gonna be one of those ones where they move things quickly and keep changing the game because of the short episode run. Second episode was good but I think the next one is the make-or-break point for the show.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Enjoying Loki so far.
It has plenty of flaws but it's fun.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm enjoying it so far!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

It's been entertaining but the don't-look-closely stuff is a bit distracting for me.

Like, how does someone intentionally deviate from their timeline? What did Loki do that makes him responsible for the deviation?

And how is it that extremely advanced beings still wander around in a tent looking for a perp with flashlights and big sticks and getting conked on the head?

Fortunately, that stuff doesn't seem to hold it back.

I get a chuckle from the fact that the TVA is essentially the Insequent on steroids. Mega powerful, had always been around, no one ever noticed them. And D.B. Cooper turns out to essentially be the Guardian of the One Tree.

The Apocalypse thing was brilliant.

My prediction: [spoiler]Loki will have been playing the longest con of all.[/spoiler]
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The Timekeepers are all Lokis and have been waiting for this one to show up.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

That doesn't seem like Loki's kind of thing to me? I dunno. I don't have a good guess as to who is behind the Timekeepers atm.

[spoiler]My current suspicion is that "pruning" doesn't actually erase any people or timelines, but instead sends them all into one big pocket dimension where all these variants and fragments of universes get all mashed together and can't escape back into the multiverse at large.[/spoiler]

Edit: Apparently the leading theory is Kang the Conqueror. He's due to appear in Ant Man & The Wasp: Quantumania, and Ravonna Renslayer (played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw in Loki) in the comics has a lot of connections to Kang.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Finally watching this and living it!! What is not to live with Tom Hiddleston but more relevantly his brilliant Loki.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

They don't say his name but, yes, it's Kang. The MCUTV shows are good for plot/character development but their primary purpose is to set up Phase 4 movies.

So....are the Ancient One's views on the Infinity Stones wrong, or simply limited? Wouldn't a Stone from one timeline work normally in an alternate timeline? If so, then TVA techs have lots of Stones that could be put to misuse if they took them out into a regular timeline. (wherever the TVA is, the Stones don't work there)

Anyway, with the technology available to him Kang--all of him--should be quite difficult to oppose. That version of Kang was most definitely not lying. I think he knew events would transpire as they did, though, which is why he was not dissatisfied with the outcome.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I was mixed on the other two Disney + shows, but this was just spectacular from start to finish. I wish I would be able to see a season two.

Not to whine about my cancer in yet another thread, but that's something that is really affecting me, which is my love of having something to look forward to, from a TV series or movie, and there is such an explosion of stuff that I am falling in love with realizing that I probably won't see another season of it, from the Mandolorian to Loki season 2, to even a new Indiana Jones movie (which will probably suck, but I still want to see it dammit!!!!). Anyway, whining done.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

My wife (one week after watching season 4 of The Crown): "Check if there's a new episode of The Crown."

Looking forward to things is good. It's the alternative that's bad. So give yourself a gold star for positivity.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm disappointed with this series. I'm also disappointed with Kang being the new Big Bad. Charisma of the actor aside, I don't see how he'll ever come up to the potential that we had with Thanos. Galactus or similar would be much better.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I loved it - now finished. Yes it is going to be interesting how they will make this big bad play out - but as others have suggested it opens the Marvel heroes to the multi-verse.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

dlbpharmd wrote:I'm disappointed with this series. I'm also disappointed with Kang being the new Big Bad. Charisma of the actor aside, I don't see how he'll ever come up to the potential that we had with Thanos. Galactus or similar would be much better.
A highly intelligent person with access to advanced technology and the ability to travel through time at will is potentially the most dangerous opponent you could ever possibly face. He could go back in time and kill your mother while she was pregnant with you, erasing you from the timeline altogether. Alternatively, he could simply research where you were at some point in the past and then kill you at that time.

The real problem with Kang is that you can never be certain you have defeated/killed/eliminated all versions of him.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

The problem with Kang in the comics is that he should rule the universe. No excuse for getting beat so damned always.

I loved the season.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Loki

Post by Skyweir »

Here here ~ I loved it and read season 2 is scheduled for release July 23
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Loki

Post by Menolly »

Just watched episode 1. I’m really happy they went with the insightful, remorseful Loki, instead of sticking with the all bravado Loki. I’m interested in seeing if Loki is truly being honest with himself, or if he’s playing mind games with Morphius.

I had to stop after episode 1 to absorb all this. It really intrigues me. It’s been awhile since a show affected me this way.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Loki

Post by Skyweir »

Absolutely stoked you are into it!! I absolutely loved it … and what’s not to love about the god of mischief lol 😂
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “TV Shows”