ST - Picard Season 2

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

ST - Picard Season 2

Post by SoulBiter »

New trailer

Not what I expected but looking forward to it. Plus Jeri Ryan :biggrin:
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

hmm...
"Very end of the road not taken."
Why does that feel like a tie-in to Star Trek: Discovery? I have not seen season 3 of Discovery yet, so if that speculation is off base for those who have seen it, ah well.
Here's hoping that unlike shows which stream on Disney+, that this will eventually be released on DVD.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Still haven't seen Season1, unfortunately. Don't have that channel.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:Still haven't seen Season1, unfortunately. Don't have that channel.
Me neither, Fist. I saw season 1 via DVDs at my library.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Menolly wrote:hmm...
"Very end of the road not taken."
Why does that feel like a tie-in to Star Trek: Discovery? I have not seen season 3 of Discovery yet, so if that speculation is off base for those who have seen it, ah well.
Here's hoping that unlike shows which stream on Disney+, that this will eventually be released on DVD.
Perhaps. I am reluctant to give up Discovery spoilers. I can only say that there were a couple of time situations in Discovery Seasons 2 and 3. But I dont see how that could have changed the future for Picard.

It could just be Q screwing around witb Picard again.

As Q said at the end of STNG All Good Things.
"You just dont get it, do you Jean Luc. The trial never ends"
Then a minute later Q is speaking to Jean Luc:

Q: That is the exploration that awaits you, not charting stars and studying nebulas, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.

Jean Luc: Q. What is it you are trying to tell me?

Q: (gives a knowing smile as he exits) You'll find out.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Astute SB … I’ve not seen Picard… is it another Prime show?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

New Picard season 2 spoiler. It seems I was correct that this is another test by the Continuum.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I saw the new spoiler and agree. However, I'm slightly uncomfortable that it seems to be set in current times. I can see a few laughs generated by that, such as Seven trying to drive a car, but staying in our era worries me.

Of course, I'll be waiting for the DVD release again.

Sky, here in the States, Picard is on Paramount+. Not a service I subscribe to.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well it seems they have already signed on for Season 4.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Premiers on March 3, 2022

New Trailer below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyuddrlFajs
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Picard season 2 has started out pretty good. The first episode was just OK but man the second one was awesome. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Also Season 3 had finished filming and is the last season of Picard.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

This season sucks. It had so much potential. Why do they spend so much time on the boy-Picard flashbacks that add absolutely nothing to the story, right in the middle of action sequences??? God, they are repetitive. Every time I hear that boy shout, "la mère" (or whatever he's saying) I groan inwardly.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

We're on episode 4 and loving it so far. It feels like old school Star Trek.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I loved Picard ~ and they may be capitalising a little much on the past Luc story ~ nevertheless I enjoyed this season too.

Any opportunity to bask in the Star Trek universe is awesome by me.

Thanks Menolly we have Prime now thanks to my kiddos. They have all the streaming channels it seems and set us up with access too and I’m loving it.

Also loving Expanse (not Star Trek rated lol 😂) but a fabulous sci-fi series ♥�♥�♥� Though I’m sad they’re not making a 7th season 🥲 but apparently may run a spin off.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I have yet to see an episode of Picard. Or any of the other recent series. I cannot stand paying extra for every show I want to watch. Unfortunately, I miss out on Trek.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

oh that’s sad Fist ♥� do you know anyone who has a prime account?

I don’t know if it’s kosher but my daughter set up her account at home for us ~ the scotty in me disinclined me from indulging my desire to access new shows.

It’s why I’ve played the waiting game for many years to see the shows many have raised here.

Not sure how these things work in the US of course
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:I have yet to see an episode of Picard. Or any of the other recent series. I cannot stand paying extra for every show I want to watch. Unfortunately, I miss out on Trek.
I've seen season one of Picard and the season before the most recent of Discovery via DVD from my library. I finally have a Prime account, but haven't used it for streaming. It looks as though anything I want to watch via Prime I need to pay extra? So I haven't tried.

I may be able to get a hold on the most recent season of Discovery from the library. It's time to check if they have put it on order.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Menolly wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:I have yet to see an episode of Picard. Or any of the other recent series. I cannot stand paying extra for every show I want to watch. Unfortunately, I miss out on Trek.
I've seen season one of Picard and the season before the most recent of Discovery via DVD from my library. I finally have a Prime account, but haven't used it for streaming. It looks as though anything I want to watch via Prime I need to pay extra? So I haven't tried.

I may be able to get a hold on the most recent season of Discovery from the library. It's time to check if they have put it on order.
Prime is like a platform and some stuff is free and other stuff it justs provides access on its platform but it will cost you extra. So once upon I time I had a free trial of Shudder ( a horror channel) in my Prime as extra "channel" but they didn't cycle movies to often and was I think extra $5.99 month after trial.

So I could easily see that Shudder channel when I logged into Prime but it was still seperate pricing.

So in a way it is like having a TV within a TV. Some channels you see in your normal TV package are free and others you have to pay for access. Prime works similar to that.

But sometimes Prime will offer discounts on channels or intro offers, things like that. So keep an eye for those specials.

Hope that helped
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

samrw3 wrote:Prime is like a platform and some stuff is free and other stuff it justs provides access on its platform but it will cost you extra. So once upon I time I had a free trial of Shudder ( a horror channel) in my Prime as extra "channel" but they didn't cycle movies to often and was I think extra $5.99 month after trial.

So I could easily see that Shudder channel when I logged into Prime but it was still seperate pricing.

So in a way it is like having a TV within a TV. Some channels you see in your normal TV package are free and others you have to pay for access. Prime works similar to that.

But sometimes Prime will offer discounts on channels or intro offers, things like that. So keep an eye for those specials.

Hope that helped
:thumbsup:
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

A new (and final) season has started last week focusing on the main characters from STNG. Looks to be a tribute to STNG and possibly a new spinoff NG series.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”