The Killing God Unabridged

Book Three of The Great God's War trilogy, which may or may not ever be published.
Mr.Land
Woodhelvennin

The Killing God Unabridged

Post by Mr.Land »

I'm over the moon that SRD is able to publish The Killing God. Not sure how I'm going to wait until Nov 2022. I also understand that substantial cuts were necessary to make that publishing happen. 59,000 words according to Steve. An arduous task! The author seems pleased with the result. While I understand we will probably never see a public release of TKG with the cuts restored I do hold out hope that someday the full version will be included in Donaldson's archives at Kent State University. That would be a worthy reason for a road trip!
Something there is in beauty.
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

I'm just really grateful to be getting a resolution to this story.

The first book was intriguing but kind of sketchy.

The War Within was epic and I was surprised at Donaldson's level of commitment to the story.

Now that I know there will be a conclusion to the series I am planning on actually purchasing all three books.

There are plenty of unresolved plotlines for Donaldson to tie up; hopefully the no-doubt traumatic editing process hasn't had an affect on sticking the landing.

One particularly salient aspect of Donaldson's probably-last story is the difficult, necessary and hopefully, ultimately rewarding alliance between Belleger and Amika after years of bloodshed and misery between the warring countries.

In many ways this divide mirrors the current widening political and ideological gulf that threatens democracy and sanity in our (predominantly) respective Western countries.

That Donaldson still retains enough idealism to even imagine the attempt of a truce for The Common Good is kind of touching.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

It (the published version) is here. Read And Find Out!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “The Killing God”