The Wheel of Time

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, that's the end of the series.

I guess they kinda got the essence...sorta...they certainly set up series two with Fain stealing the Horn (if not the dagger) although what it was doing buried in Fal Dara instead of being in the Eye...and I guess they've set up Rand wandering around going "but I killed him" for S2 as well.

So despite almost everything being wrong they kinda ended up largely where they should have been.

I must though give props to the wardrobe department...at least those guys clearly read the books...despite being on-screen only very briefly, (and despite him dying here where he didn't in the book), the Shienaran Lord Agelmar Jagad had the correct "3 Foxes" crest embossed on his breastplate.

That did impress me. If only the writers were so diligent. (And I'm sorta annoyed that Sanderson is signing off on this shit...and that apparently many if not most fans are ok with the adaptation? Hmph!)

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

The various Wheel of Time fan subreddits are a total shitshow - they hate the series. I don't mind it. The final episode was weak, not a huge fan of where they went with it, but I can see how they're picking out the parts of the story that matter in the long run in order to fit things into a very tight schedule.

Taking out Thom from the beginning? Makes sense, he's just along for the ride until after Shadar Logoth. Changing Caemlyn to Tar Valon? Makes sense, the Aes Sedai are more important to meet than Queen Morgase and her family. The problems tend to lie in the parts where they've sped through to fit things in, like how Thom, Rand and Mat's time together is basically all off-screen, or the reasoning for why they're all rushing off to the Blight at the end being kinda weak and glossed over.

For episode 8, they had the added difficulty of working around Covid and rewriting the episode to not include Mat, which will have affected things.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ah, hadn't though of the reddits. I checked Dragonmount (the official forum) and was surprised by the overall positivity.

Must say the huge budget was really not in evidence anywhere...everything feels so small and cramped...not epic at all.

Largely disappointed, although not surprised. Doing justice to these in film is probably largely impossible given the constraints and requirements.

(Just started Book 10. :D )

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

The Wheel of Time

Post by Skyweir »

yeah I’m kinda with you ~ it’s been kinda lack lustre and I had such high hopes. The cast is pretty good but the script writers have made a rod for their own backs ~ I think it’s the approach h to the story line that has resulted in its disappointment for me.

I will stick with it though and hope 🤞🤞🤞🤞
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “TV Shows”