Films You've Changed Your Mind About

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Films You've Changed Your Mind About

Post by peter »

Do you ever get that? You've seen a film. You know that you should like it, or like it more than you do - but you just don't.

And so you leave it, consigned to the dustbin of also-rans, and forget about it.

But then for some reason, some time later, something jogs your mind and you just fancy going back and giving it another whirl.

You do so - and suddenly it clicks! Suddenly you see that thing you couldn't get before and bingo - the arrow hits the spot.

This is exactly what happened to me with the not universally acclaimed Assassin's Creed movie yesterday. I've been playing the games and decided to go watch the film, just out of boredom really, in the absence of anything better to watch. And I really enjoyed it. Fassbinder seemed ideal for the part, the action scenes were stunning and the swapping between the modern day and animus sections well handled. All in all it was a good couple of hours viewing.

Don't know why these switches occur - don't really care. But I do know that when they do, they are a gift, a sweet that tastes all the more delicious because of your previous dislike which, having been o'erleaped, gives added height to the new peak you have reached.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Movies I hated initially but love now.

All movies with Leonardo DiCaprio.
I couldn't stand even looking at him when he was younger for some reason and I avoided all his work.
Now he's one of my favorite actors. Even his early stuff.

Hated "Dirty Dancing" when I first saw it but now it's on my classic list.

The Godfather. I always dislike mafia movies and this was the king of them all. Now I never stop watching if 1 or 2 is on the screen.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

What's eating Gilbert Grape was my first encounter with DiCaprio and I thought he was fantastic. I genuinely believed his disabled kid.

Dirty Dancing - not so much. Maybe scope for a new film to add to my list then?

;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I have to confess I really hated The Last Jedi when I first watched it. It was everything I didn't want in a Star Wars film but after watching it a second time I really think I can appreciate...no...I can't do it. The dog blam film is shite.

Nevermind.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

The one that got away, eh?

;)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

aTOMiC wrote:I have to confess I really hated The Last Jedi when I first watched it. It was everything I didn't want in a Star Wars film but after watching it a second time I really think I can appreciate...no...I can't do it. The dog blam film is shite.

Nevermind.
I'll never watch that again.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

I think the only movie I changed my mind about was Inception.

My brain is logically aligned (mostly :D) and trying to follow what was going on was very difficult. After recommendations from friends I decided to give it another try. I also promised myself to turn off my logical brain and just enjoy the ride.

Boy what a ride! The cinematography is amazing the characters interesting and story line engrossing. I still cannot say I completely understand everything even having it explained to me. But I enjoyed it and at the end of the day that is what counts.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.

Return to “Flicks”