X-Men

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Re: X-Men

Post by Fist and Faith »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I tried flipping through some recent X-Men books the other day.
Didn't like it and had no idea what was going on.
Not to sound like a grumpy old man but I remember when any idiot could pick up a comic and get up to speed in a page or two.
I think Stan the Man said that being able to do so was vitally important to enjoying a comic book.

Think about it, you wouldn't buy a novel and start reading on chapter 23 and hope to figure it out eventually.
I've been reading a lot of X-Men lately. House of X, Powers of X, Legion of X, X-Men Red... Although I know what you mean, and I enjoy a great one-shoot or small arc, they're doing a really great job. They've done an amazing bit of world building. Krakoa. Resurrection Protocol. Mars. It's some crazy shit!

And the same old characters we've always known are doing some amazing things. Storm is incredible. Magneto had his heart literally ripped out, but, since there's iron in blood, he just kept circulating it with his magnetism. (For a while. Dead now.

The problem is the same as always. Nobody really dies. Now they actually have the Resurrection Protocol, so they aren't even pretending anybody will die.

Still, the whole state of the world is much changed, but the characters we've always known are there so we're not entirely lost.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Fist and Faith wrote:Cap is way more skilled than Luke, and better suited and reflexes. I'd say Luke is a good deal stronger, and he's got the invulnerable thing going on. So Danny was all over Luke, but just couldn't hurt him. But he couldn't lay a finger on Cap.
Cap doesn't tire. He can keep going.
And he has the shield. And all that
Combat experience.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yeah, no doubt Cap would beat Luke.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”