What happened to Hile Troy's Think Tank?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

the tank got worse when discourse got worse in America. I know I'm guilty.

the orange idiot brought out a lot of America that had been repressed, not eradicated.

this is the sad state of the USA, our leaders are continually getting worse, not better.

and there are no Lincolns, Jeffersons, Washingtons, Adams or Teddy Roosevelts coming down that freeway.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

sgt.null wrote: the tank got worse when discourse got worse in America. I know I'm guilty.

the orange idiot brought out a lot of America that had been repressed, not eradicated.

this is the sad state of the USA, our leaders are continually getting worse, not better.

and there are no Lincolns, Jeffersons, Washingtons, Adams or Teddy Roosevelts coming down that freeway.
Even if there were, no one would believe them, and they would not want the job. On top of that, even if they were completely impartial and put the country first, they would be hamstrung by overly partisan legislative and judicial branches that make it impossible to make real change.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

While I agree with both sarge and rob that there are currently no figures of sufficient stature (nor societal hunger for such), I recall that before there was entire polarization, there were McCains and Kasichs, among others of both parties, who could have articulated a cogent centrist path forward.

Now, we are supposed to believe folks like Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney are the closest approximation to that path we can expect. Uh, no.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

people are getting dumber in the collective. we might be headed for a new dark age where we burn our opponents at the stake.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”