Z's Blatant Copy of Syl's Thread

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Z's Blatant Copy of Syl's Thread

Post by Zarathustra »

So here are some shows I've enjoyed recently, but they probably don't all deserve their own thread.

You. That's the name of the show. It's awesome. First season is the best, but the current season (4) is off to a good start. It's like Dexter but much better writing and characters.

Yellowstone in all its incarnations. The original was probably the best, but 1883 is an amazing one-off with Sam Elliott. 1923 is decent, but it's got Harrison freakin' Ford! Yeah! I am digging the multi-generational epic that is unfolding through multiple series. I don't think anyone has ever done this before. Taylor Sheridon (creator) is a force to be reckoned with.

Tulsa King. Speaking of Sheridon, he's working on lots of other series. This one features an aging Sylvester Stallone as a mobster who served 25 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit to protect his boss, and is promptly tossed out by the crime family once released from prison, forced to leave New York and scrape a living in Tusla. But he makes it work. It's a great role for Stallone and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Wednesday. Burton and Elfman! Yeah! It's a moody, atmospheric, and modern take on the Addam's Family, focusing on Wednesday (though not exclusively). Jenna Ortega is a cutie-pie and great little actress (also in You for one season). The lady who played Brienne from Game of Thrones is also a main character. It's basically a murder mystery and feels a bit like Harry Potter, based in a school. It started better than it ended.

Yellowjackets. This was really good. Second season will be dropping soon. Two different timelines describing a plane crash of teenage girls who mostly survived, and the aftermath years later of their destroyed lives. Shit went down, that's all I can say.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I really like Yellowstone.
"Is this your cooler?" :lol:

I hope I haven't asked this here before but in the very first episode, John Dutton drives up to a car crash involving mining equipment.

And in the opening credits there are images of strip mining and oil drills but there are no storylines about it.
I don't recall the characters even having a conversation about it.

Anyone think that originally it was going to be a big deal but the writers never went with it?

Oh, and fuck all the time wasted with the Jimmy story-line.
I couldn't stand that character.

All the clips I've seen of Tulsa King look really good.
I'll be downloading that series pretty soon.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Yellowstone - so far, has been the best friggin show on TV. I also enjoyed the other shows that spawned from this that are showing how the ranch got there to begin with and what they went through to get there. I agree that 1883 with Sam Elliott (he won a SAG award recently for his acting on that), was brutal but shows just what pioneers had to deal with.

Tulsa King - My expectations were low but I am impressed. Cant wait for the next season.

I have not watched any of the others that you mentioned but now I might just have to give them a try.

FBI - My wife and I started watching FBI - I think its 5 seasons now and still running. We caught it on Paramount+ and just started season 2. I really enjoy this show but its crazy when you watch the technology that is available and used to find people once they put a finger on "who".

Blacklist - Can you believe this is still on? New season just started yesterday. In for a penny in for a pound. The last season was not all that good but I cant seem to not watch because prior seasons were really good.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I really like Yellowstone.
"Is this your cooler?" :lol:
:lol:
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.

Return to “TV Shows”