Goodbye

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Goodbye

Post by Zarathustra »

I don't want to be accused of "leaving in a huff," so I'd like to thoughtfully list my reasons for leaving the Watch for good.

Two days after getting the Covid vaccine, my blood pressure went to 200/110, I passed out, and had to be taken to the emergency room. I almost died. That was July 2021. Since then, my blood pressure has been out of control and my doctors can't figure out what is wrong with me, and no medicine seems to work. I live daily wondering if today will be the day my heart fails.

I've been having chest pains for the last few days, which I thought I'd had under control, and I think it's because of my participation on this site. I have been accused of "twisting facts" to make Wayfriend look bad merely because I suggested the possibility that he might disagree with content he has labeled "disinformation." I've been called Blatant Evil for saying how I didn't appreciate being called a racist. Jay has claimed he deleted the Tank due to our incivility, while he calls our opinions "shit."

Clearly, I'm not wanted here. This is no longer a welcoming place to people of all views. But more importantly, my body can no longer handle stress from these confrontations. I've tried to restart political discussions with painstaking care to assure that no one feels this kind of confrontation. I didn't just do it to appease others, I did it for my own health and sanity, too. The rule in place was my idea! And I've been hounded and maligned ever since in the general forum. 17 years ago, or even two years ago, I didn't have to worry about something like this killing me. I no longer have that luxury.

I've enjoyed my time here. I deeply respect so many of you, some of whom might be surprised if I named them. I regret never getting the chance to tell you in person. Take care! Be true.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

You will be missed. The Watch is a lesser place when we lose someone that has added so much value over the years.

I hope that at some point your health will allow you to come post here and there without working up your stress levels.

I am still hopeful that the Current Events thread will stay out there and we get more people posting in that thread. Time will tell.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

As I said when you reappeared after the post-Tank hiatus, I was glad you decided to return. The same goes for the others who have resumed participation in discussions. Obviously, our views differ, but somehow we manage those differences without the mutual tail-twisting that happens in other interactions...and was happening before I joined 14 years ago yesterday.

Sorry to see you depart again so soon, but do what you need to do to be well. Like Wos, I will channel Tom Bodett in anticipating your potential reappearance.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Yeah, Z, it sounds like leaving is the best thing for you.
Nothing, especially talking politics on an online forum, is worth risking your health.

I'll miss you though.
I enjoyed your Donaldson posts.
"Lord Foul with a sledgehammer" is my all time favorite. :D

Take care of yourself. :thumbsup:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about your health, Z.
We don't know each other very well and that's my fault. I haven't engaged with many members of the Watch the way I should have and I regret that.

I'm sorry you have to leave but if it's for your well being I understand.

I wish you all the best.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Oh I’m so sorry to read you’ve been so unwell for so long.

I’m glad you are choosing to prioritise your health over stress.

Take care Zarathustra ~ speedy recovery. May you outlive us all ♥�
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Goodbye Z. I have particularly enjoyed a lot of your Close posts. All the best - hope the health improves with lower stress.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Best of luck and health. You will be missed. I have enjoyed numerous of your posts and it is sad to see you go. Best of fortune and hoping they figure out how to handle your health better.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ah hell, sorry to hear it Z. Hope you get the health issues resolved, and as always of course, we'll be here if you're ever able to come back. Everything of the best.

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”