2023 NFL Whipping post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Another football season has begun. Chiefs vs Lions to start us out. Lions looked incredible in the first half. Outside of an errant snap and then a fumble they would have scored their second TD fairly early. They still ended up bringing enough game to win.

Chiefs dont look as good without Kelce. He needs to get healthy and soon or it will be a long season for the Chiefs. At the end though, don't go for it on 4th and 25 with 2 mins left in the game. However I will say that the ball he through should have been caught. It went in and out of the receivers hands.

On a different FB topic. Joe Burrow got a contract for 275M and is now the highest paid QB in the league.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Down in the ATL to watch the Falcons play the Panthers. Hoping Ridder as QB will quiet all the haters.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Week 1 is in the books. A few lopsided scores I would not have predicted

Browns Bengals
Cowboys Giants
Niner's Steelers

Then of course Aaron Rodgers not making it through the first series as a Jet. He may be out for the year and if so this also might end his career.
RandomHaruchai
<i>Elohim</i>

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by RandomHaruchai »

The conspiracy nut in me wants to think Rodgers' injury was maybe sus. But then, I'm a Broncos fan living in Bears territory watching a former Packers player in New York so the value of my input may be uncertain.
Good dreams don't come cheap
You've got to pay for them
Harry Chapin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsZWhODqaH0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxr7IPFWR_8
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

You know, I didnt realize until last night that if you fumble the ball before crossing the goal line and it goes out of bounds after crossing the endzone, that its considered a touchback and its an automatic turnover, ball is placed on the 20.
If a ball is fumbled in a team's own end zone or in the field of play and goes out of bounds in the end zone, it is a safety, if that team provided the impetus that sent the ball into the end zone (See 11-5-1 for exception for momentum). If the impetus was provided by the opponent, it is a touchback.
RandomHaruchai
<i>Elohim</i>

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by RandomHaruchai »

And if the ball is in someone's possession and crosses the goal line for a touchdown several times in a few hours, the Broncos still aren't making the playoffs. :roll:
Harry Chapin

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

:biggrin: :lol:
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by samrw3 »

Bears lose again...its going to be a long season 8O
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Yeah I hate it when its season after season like that. At least the Falcons are 2 - 0 for the first time in many years. We will see how long that lasts. The fact that they have finally learned how to score in the 4th quarter makes me feel a bit better.

Bengals lose to the Ravens. They had zero answer to Jackson's ability to run. They even put spies on him but they just werent fast enough. Also too many missed tackles. I will say that Burrow having that INT right at the end zone was painful. If he had scored that we might have a different conversation.

Jags were not able to hang with KC. I had high hopes for them.

Giants looked like a different team (in a good way) this week.

Cowboys and SF look unstoppable right now.
RandomHaruchai
<i>Elohim</i>

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by RandomHaruchai »

Record low prices for Broncos season tickets projected amid rumors of empty stadium to happen in 2023
You heard it here first on The Watch
:sob:
Harry Chapin

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

OMG that was a horrid game. Yeah gonna be hard to sell seats after a 70 - 20 loss.

Falcons lost to the Lions. They could not find the end zone and Ridder is holding the ball too long and getting sacked over and over. I am not sure why because in the previous games he was getting the ball out quickly. They did get on the bad side of some no-calls but that isnt why they lost.

Saints gave up a 19 - 0 lead and end up losing to Greenbay.

Panthers lost as well and TB plays the Eagles today. So if they lose the NFC South has not budged as far as position.

Bengals play the Rams tonight, I dont see them winning without a healthy Joe Burrow.

So far it looks like its Miami, SF, and Philly are the teams that look most likely to hit the post season.
RandomHaruchai
<i>Elohim</i>

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by RandomHaruchai »

If FL had mountains, I might become a Dolphins fan.
Harry Chapin

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by sgt.null »

My Patriots are wasting Mac Jones. Bill the gm is not helping Bill the coach.

We were spoiled with Brady.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Season is about over for most teams. The Falcons were again a letdown although if Tampa loses this week and the Falcons win, the Falcons could win the NFC South. SF has the most balanced team in the NFC right now. Lets see if they can close. Cowboys look like they could contend with SF for the NFC. The Eagles looked good but have lost the last few games. On the AFC side the Ravens are strong, KC is suspect and I don't see them in this years SB. The Patriots fans are learning how the rest of the league fans feel most of the time. Bengals are out. But surprisingly the Browns could be a dark horse this year.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2023 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Well two things didnt age well. The Browns got smoked and the Cowboys got smoked.

Return to “Sports”