Did they land on the Moon?

Those who do not learn history are doomed to use this quote over and over again.

Moderators: danlo, Damelon

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Lome,

Offer some evidence to back up your speculation...than we can discuss it.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

danlo wrote:I've seen the frigging flag through a pretty powerful telescope, way back when! (and I wasn't smokin' nuthin' at the time! 8O )
How powerful was that telescope? I know that to test the new interferometer in south america they trained it on the landing site to prove it existed.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
DarkReflection
Ramen

Post by DarkReflection »

I have to believe that we made it there because there are far too many side stories, attached with space missions, especially Apollo. If it was a hoax, it would be in a nice neat little package, (JFK, I don't think it was Oswald personally) not involved with hundreds of other peoples lives, with stories about every aspect of the missions, and surrounding things. I don't know if this is making sense. But there it is.
And so on I walk the world,
a slave to this dark fiend,
traveling, traveling, held within a dream......
DarkReflection
Ramen

Post by DarkReflection »

In response to an earlier post, many death bed confessions were prevented by sudden unexplained deaths, or assassinations.
And so on I walk the world,
a slave to this dark fiend,
traveling, traveling, held within a dream......
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Brinn wrote:Lome,

Offer some evidence to back up your speculation...than we can discuss it.
The flag was waving... and there is no atmosphere on the moon. Nuff said.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

danlo wrote:And yes u made this topic b4... :P
Have I? Indeed... I thought so... Sorry for making it again, I forgot.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Kinetic energy. The flag had to be planted firmly, it was rolled up (potential energy). The transverse (longitudinal?) waves bounce around back and forth for a bit. Given enough time after handling, entropy would take its toll and the flag would be still.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Not in space... The flag wouldn't move like that in space. again, nuff said. That is a fact. therefore they didn't land on the moon. :)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've heard that flag thing before, and my understanding is that it was a little flap, like a draught from someone opening a door. But indeed, you could get the same motion from an unfurling flag
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

No... It was waving... like wind was being blow against it... But their is no wind on the moon. Therefore thy did not land.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Well, darth, the flag was waving for a short time due to the movement of unfurling it. Many many photos after it, and including film stock, show it still.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Ur-Vile wrote:Well, darth, the flag was waving for a short time due to the movement of unfurling it. Many many photos after it, and including film stock, show it still.
That's because they were photographs... of course it's not going to move.... :P
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Maybe you should read my post more carefully - I said 'and film stock'. :)
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

oh ok, but there's also a couple important factors... One... is that there's no way they landed one the Moon. I mean... did you see the ship? How could they get into anything in that? And it would take (Back then anyways) quite a long time to pick up the signal from the camera... They didn't land!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Darth, do not forget human ingenuity. We can build fantastic structures, launch a probe into deep space, travel to the depths of the ocean; getting the ship to the moon is a big feat, but not unfeasable. The reason they could get back is because they had an orbiter waiting for them with the fuel and supplies for a return journey. Further, any signal from the craft would take virtually no time at all: moving close to the speed of light.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Ur-Vile wrote:Darth, do not forget human ingenuity. We can build fantastic structures, launch a probe into deep space, travel to the depths of the ocean; getting the ship to the moon is a big feat, but not unfeasable. The reason they could get back is because they had an orbiter waiting for them with the fuel and supplies for a return journey. Further, any signal from the craft would take virtually no time at all: moving close to the speed of light.
Not in those days... It was years ago they "Landed" on the Moon... And don't forget the fact that the mens shadows were at the wrong angles.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The shadow thing can be easily explained. At times (when the sun is at position in the sky), the shadows on the ground appear to converge. There have been many photos taken showing this effect. Further, the amount of light being reflected off the mountains and hills of the moon would produce that. But, if you think about it, the converging shadows argument actually disproves it was shot in a studio: if they had multiple lights you'd see multiple shadows. What we see is ONE light producing those shadows. And that's the sun in that position.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Darth Revan wrote:
Ur-Vile wrote:Darth, do not forget human ingenuity. We can build fantastic structures, launch a probe into deep space, travel to the depths of the ocean; getting the ship to the moon is a big feat, but not unfeasable. The reason they could get back is because they had an orbiter waiting for them with the fuel and supplies for a return journey. Further, any signal from the craft would take virtually no time at all: moving close to the speed of light.
Not in those days... It was years ago they "Landed" on the Moon... And don't forget the fact that the mens shadows were at the wrong angles.
In those days alot was accomplished. If you deny the first landing, surely you dont deny Apollo 13's journey? That was tracked around the moon. You can't argue that it must be a hoax because it's too good a technological triumph - that's illogical and absurd. There's plenty of amazing things that you probably accept.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

What about that car, It was pathetic. How would that keep the people driving on the Moon down? Or the boucing? Didn't that look like normal bouncing to you?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

It could keep people driving on the moon down because the moon has enough gravity to pull them down. I don't know what bouncing you are talking about, but all the footage I've seen shows slow sort of bouncing - exactly what you'd expect in a low grav environment. Oh, and before you say they slowed it down to have that effect, I'll add that speeding the footage up looks weird.

Return to “Doriendor Corishev”