Mordant's Need: Forum news, suggestions and Q & A

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

danlo
Lord

Mordant's Need: Forum news, suggestions and Q & A

Post by danlo »

I'm trying to organise things a little better and jazz up this forum to make it a bit more attractive, especially to new folks. As I said in the Group Read announcements:

I'm doing a bit of reshuffling with the stickied (chapters) now to mix things up and not have the forum look so topheavy. I promise to add something new to the last chapter very soon. Look for a major Group Read restart effort by Valentine's Day we will be alerting all the major Mirror fans around that time! Our goal is to finish the 1st book by Elohimfest!!!!

I do think that the chapters should all stay together, somehow, and I'm going to talk to Vain to see if there is anyway to create a "sub-forum" (kinda like the Collective or the Library) that we can devote soley to the Group Read. Right now I'm leaving the three lastest chapters stickied. Until we can get something like a "sub forum" I feel we need to mix things up-so you don't have to scroll halfway down the page to find regular topics.

You'll notice I've also created a "Featured" topic, a different topic will be stickied every two weeks or so. Your suggestions on which will be the next "topic of the fortnight" are entirely welcome. In fact if you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum, reissue news and any questions, feel free to ask them here. 8)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well, you'll now notice that this forum has essentialy broken in two. With the Group Reads now located in "Casting the Augury". Vain reacted much quicker to my PM than I would ever have thought possible and many kudos go out to him! :Hail: So if you want to follow the books in exacting detail and help us dissect Mordant's Need please hottail it down to our brand new forum! In the meantime feel free to let ur hair down and have fun talking about the two books in general here!
Last edited by danlo on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

The chapter analysis is a good thing, but I've read the books too many times to really get into it. Besides, that's just not my thing anyway. I do like to ask silly questions like "did Teresa shave her legs" and stuff like that, but it's just too silly to really waste space on. Anyway, I doubt that participation on this forum has anything to do with any lack on the forum's part. More likely MN just hasn't been read as much as Covenant, and is not as new and "realistic" (I.E. violent) as the Gap, so there's just not going to be as much talk about it.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I just noticed your current sig, duchess.

Nice. :D

~MsMary~
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Torrent
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Torrent »

Unfortunately I read the Mordant books

a)too long ago (about a year) to recall all the chapter details
b) not long enough ago to really want to reread them (spoils it for me)

Bad timing... :cry:
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Don't forget that the Mordant's Need dissection just resumed with dAN's 1st chapter of A Man Rides Through last Friday and my chapter coming this Friday in Casting the Augury! Join us, comment, sign up for a chapter or just check it out! Thanks! 8)
Ninquelote
Ramen

Post by Ninquelote »

Long time, no seen :)

I've just started to read Mordan't need. They're not as good as Covenant, but they're good, and it's nice a girl's the main character.

The mirror concept is a bit difficult, and it's smart! I love challenging books. They're challenging to me because I usually don't read about politics, and I usually don't find it amusing...Everything that's new is challenging to all, I believe :) .

I'm on the second book, and I can agree that I haven't grasp the whole of the plot, but I'm sure it'll clear up soon.

Terisia is an interesting character, and I've never really liked her, just because of her "easy to possess"-mind. She has such a bad self-confidence that she makes me annoyed. And because of her bad feeling about her self, she becomes stupid in many situations. I've still much left, and I know, because she's the leading role, she'll develop and become a stronger character, and that's something I looking forward to read about. At the moment, she kind of pisses me off :P
My God, it's full of stars!
-Dave Bowman
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

8O Jesus! Nobody's posted here since January!!!??? Come on people!!! :P
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

And in new news, a warm welcome to our new Mod for the Mordant's Need forum: Cord Hurn

:D

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Welcome Cord Hurn...well deserved!!!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Avatar wrote:And in new news, a warm welcome to our new Mod for the Mordant's Need forum: Cord Hurn

That's "Modthrall Hurn" now. :)
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

samrw3 wrote:Welcome Cord Hurn...well deserved!!!
Thank you, samrw3! I've had some dreams of adding more to this forum, and it will be a pleasure to serve as its moderator as well as a contributor. Thank you so much for your continued interest! :)
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

wayfriend wrote:
Avatar wrote:And in new news, a warm welcome to our new Mod for the Mordant's Need forum: Cord Hurn

That's "Modthrall Hurn" now. :)
Hopefully, I haven't been promoted beyond my level of competence. I'm a little bit enthralled by all the possibilities. ;)
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Congrats, Cord Hurn. :yourock:
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

I thank you, shadowbinding shoe! It's been a true pleasure discussing the MN issues with you, and here's hoping we can do it some more! It's an honor, and I'm pleased to be working within the Mordant's Need forum, one of my favorite places on the Watch (just in case it wasn't obvious). 8)

Return to “Mordant's Need”