What would make "Star Wars" a better forum?

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

dANdeLION
Lord

What would make "Star Wars" a better forum?

Post by dANdeLION »

I have heard several second hand complaints about my posting here in 'Star Wars' a while back, so I quit posting here. Now I check in and see the only person posting anymore is Darth Vile, and it just seems to me that if nobody else wants to post here then there must be something still not acceptable here. So, if anybody has complaints/suggestions, I'd appreciate it if you voiced them here, politely, and that way things could be made to run more smoothly.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

It wasn't your posting here... It was how me, TOM, you kept having chats on the threads, that's all... You have actually posted some good posts here... If you could do that more often. That would be great :D
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Like many other forums on the Watch, Star Wars is a dalliance away from the true focus of the site, which is Donaldson and his literary works. I enjoy the SW forum because I have a strong interest in the Star Wars story. Many others do too. My feeling is that all of the forums outside of SRD's realm probably won't be taken as seriously and therefore most of the problems encountered here for the most part seem like much ado about nothing. Post or not post. Delete posts or don’t. There isn’t much that I’ve seen here that is cause for worry or even much discussion. Lets just try to enjoy it and be thankful we have it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Another thing is that Star Wars is separate from all other Sci-Fi stuff. Maybe people don't know it's here. I wonder if it would get more hits if it were located in the General Sci-Fi/Fantasy section, or at least a post in Gen. SF to point people here....
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Hey, that is a great point dAN. I know where it is and I have trouble finding it.

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Sorry for not contributing more to this forum, it was a question of priorities: I wanted to help out at the Covenant dissections first. But I'm a Star Wars fan, too. There are a lot of good topics on hand here that I previously didn't get to, so I'll be jumping back into the fray soon.

Thanks for giving us the broader picture, TOM C. Star Wars may not warrant the same level of deep analysis as the Covenant books, but I still think it's worthy of serious discussion. Otherwise, why bother having its own forum? One could, of course, simply join up at starwars.com or whatever to get into hardcore Star Wars discussions, but I like being here with the gang at Kevin's Watch. It's a one-stop shop.

As for this forum being hard to find: Really? Wasn't hard for me. Then again, I do surf the web a lot, so I'm used to clicking on links left and right on websites. What about the "Jump to" menu at the bottom of the screen? Does no one use it? The Star Wars forum is clearly listed there.
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

Let me see... what would make this a better forum.... Could it be... more threads in honour of AT-ATs?

Where is my little beloved thread? Oh. In the bottom of the list. :cry:
SLATFATF...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

If I can think of something to add to it that Rev won't delete, then I'll post to it, Ylva.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Hmm, perhaps I should contribute more. I have been neglecting my mod duties somewhat.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

True. Now go and delete Revan, so we can have fun here.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

The best way to improve the Star Wars forum is to actually discuss Star Wars. Now here is a link that should stimulate some discussions.
www.filmthreat.com/News.asp?Id=1769

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

TOM C, that is one gruesome picture of Anakin-thing. Scenes of burn victims always make my guts turn, whether we're talking real or fictional ones. But if that pic really is of Anakin (and not an April Fools joke), then it may hint at a most compelling Episode III. I just hope Lucas doesn't have C3PO throwing in dumb one-liners all the time. Throwing Jar-Jar into a lava pit, on the other hand, is fine with me. No, wait...he'll just turn into Darth Binks.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I agree. When I first saw that picture I was a bit queasy. Its been around for a month or so, so it can't be an April Fools joke. It does seem to suggest that the final film will be pretty memorable. Darth Binks!

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Darth Binks : "Give in to yoosa feelings, Anakin."

Anakin : "I feel like I'm gonna be sick!"

Anakin : *pukes*

Darth Binks : "Powerful issa the Dark Side. Makesa you want to givesa upsa everything to follow it; even yoosa lunch."
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Oh no...what monster has been created? The galaxy simply isn't ready for a Darth Binks. 8O
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Hierachy is gone :cry: it's the end of an era.

But where one ends, another begins... I think Matrixman should be made a mod of this forum... and am going to ask Jay and Vain whether they can make it so. :)
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Yes, Hierachy's sudden departure will take some getting used to. He was such a familiar presence on the Watch.

Lord Revan flatters me with his support...surely a brazen attempt to seduce me to the Dark side. :)

But aren't we jumping ahead of ourselves here? I don't want to usurp the place of a senior member such as TOM C. He ought to be given prior consideration. Let's not put undue pressure on Jay or Vain.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

You were here before TOM C, So I don't know why you think he is a "senior member" heh. You are more of a Senior than he is. And plus you'll write good stuff ;)
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Well, I may have technically registered at the Watch before TOM C, but I actually didn't start posting as "Matrixman" until several months after. It's a long and lame story, but I eventually crawled up to Vain and he straightened me out. He's good at straightening people out. WHACK! :)
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Although I'm flattered by Rev's show of support :D, I am not actively seeking to be a moderator in any particular forum. When pressed to comment I have stated in another thread that I would be interested in helping out but only if Vain or Jay formally invited me. Until I receive a PM from one of the Admins I'm going to go about my happy business.

MM, if you have any desire to team with Rev moderating this forum you have my blessing.

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”