Favorite Master in the Congery (Book I)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Who is Your Favorite Master in the Congery?

Havelock
21%
Gilbur
No votes
Eremis
6%
Barsonage
3%
Quillon
35%
Quillon
35%

Total votes: 34

Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

There's actually a thread for discussions of Terisa's dad--"Let's talk about Mr. Morgan." I'll bump it up.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Not sure Havelock counts as a master of the congery, but heck, any chance I get i'll vote for him. Quillion... he was nice. I mean that in the same way a girl you have the hots for means it when she says it to you. He's just not BAD enough. Havelock has some serious edge man.
Khat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Khat »

Quillion made my first reading remind me so much of the Alice through the looking glass concept, Especially when Theresa went "down the rabbit hole" to find answers at the first part of the story. I always though good about Quillion because of that.
[spoiler]"...the loveliness of the Land has only grown more precious to me as my senses have been
opened...To turn homeward now would be to pass from treasure-berries to dust."
-- Liand to Linden [P324 Runes][/spoiler]
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Quillon is the master I like best. He has a lot of concern for the safety of Terisa and Geraden, and will take action to protect them if need be (like tripping Lebbick at the end of TMOHD to let Geraden get away), and he makes sure Terisa knows about the history of Mordant. He's someone with real EMPATHY...so I like him the best of all the Masters.

Return to “Mordant's Need”