Ahira's Hangar

Links to the outside world.
danlo
Lord

Ahira's Hangar

Post by danlo »

Many of you already know my place--we are now seven months old and have just been voted an award winning Fantasy site honor. We are honored to be a sister site of Kevin's Watch. Discuss Sci-Fi/Fantasy, David Zindell, S. R. Donaldson, J. R. R. Tolkien, David Brin, G. R. R. Martin, C. S. Lewis, Ursula K. Le Guin, Roger Zelazny, Tad Williams, Dan Simmons, Gene Wolfe, Frank Herbert, Douglass Adams, William Gibson, H. P. Lovecraft and much, much more!! Thank's again KW! Thanks Jay, Thanks Vain!! Go to: Ahira's Hangar or hit my www!
Last edited by danlo on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I posted this in Gen. Fantasy but I will post it here, as well. The same Lord Mhoram you know and love here is also my co-admin @ Ahira's Hangar and moderator of our C. S. Lewis forum. He and I will begin a group read of The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe during the week of Nov 6th thru Nov 13th. We've invited three other sites as well. I cordially request any and all KW/Narnia enthusiasts to join in! (that is, whenever you are not posting away like mad on this site, of course! :mrgreen: )
Last edited by danlo on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Im flattered. Vain-are those links still on the Index's main page?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The Group Read of The Chronicles of Narnia Continues!!!! We will begin The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, chapters 7-9 on 12-5-02!!!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I would like to add that Danlo and Mhoram have done a wonderful job at Ahira's Hangar. It's a gorgeous place. The artwork and banners over there are stunning! if you haven't, please go check it out!
Love as thou wilt.

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Vor, good graphic images! But what's 'fenestering'?
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Fenestering: the complex mathematical art Pilots use to traverse their Lightships through the multitude of space/time layers in the Manifold.
Read Neverness! The best Sci-Fi ever written!
Last edited by danlo on Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Landwaster, pop by the Hangar, wed love to have you!
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I'll do my best!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We r now finishing up The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with the Group Read of Chapts 14-17 beginning today!!! We will begin Prince Caspian around Valentine's Day!!! :D Major books being discussed right now: Zelazny's Lord of Light, Martin's A Storm of Swords, William's The Dragonbone Chair and a huge discussion of Neverness itself has finally begun.
danlo
Lord

SNL at the Hangar

Post by danlo »

Hey! I know this is short notice, but I didn't know where or when on the Watch 2 put this: We're starting a tradition in the Hangar called Saturday Night Live in our live chatroom and we invite all members of the Watch 2 join! EZBoard does require that u register in order 2 join the chat--but if u just want 2 pop in 4 1 night or so u can request we delete ur membership right away. We're not really trying 2 actively solicit memberships, we're simply opening up a live chat function so u can talk w/a bunch of ur fellow servants (and Pilots) at the same time. We have 7 people ready 2 go 2night and they'r all both servants and Pilots. Come join the fun! It's btween 7-10pm Mountain Standard Time (9-12 on the east coast). I have asked Jay and Vain what they think of such an offer but it appears they r both VERY busy in RL.

Other Hangar News: Group Read of George R. R. Martin's A Storm of Swords begins March 4th and the "simulcast" Group Read of Zelazny's Lord of Light is now on chapter 2 at Ahira's Hangar AND mhoram's Endless Shadows @ the VERY same time!!!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

The chat was fun! Please try to drop in next Saturday night! :D
Love as thou wilt.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

A Storm of Swords Group Read is NOW underway!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

The martin's Sword of Swords group rad is now up to chapter 18 and we have a bunch of fun ASOIAF polls up, too -- so if you're a Martin fan, please come join us!
Love as thou wilt.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The military won't let me access the EZ board sites. :(
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

:( That's not good. At least you can visit here! :)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

They're probably trying to protect you from some of the more wilder sites! :twisted: You'll be missed at the Hangar until you can get back on dry land, sailor! ;)
Love as thou wilt.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Latest Hangar haps: Now at chapter 20 of the A Storm of Swords Group Read in the Martin 4rum+new hot topic called: Casting ASOIAF. Predict the NBA Championship game in the Ice Dome. Hotest Sci-Fi topic: Steven Baxter, hostest Fantasy topic: Phillip Pullman. Silliest Fun & Games topic: Other People's Habits that drive u Nutz! C u there!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm excited 2 announce the creation of a Michael Moorcock topic in General Fantasy at the Hangar!! While it centers on the Elric books, I plan to have lots of web resources and other Moorcock books reviewed there 2. So if you dig decrepit ol' Elric and the AWESOME sword Stormbringer...get yer butts on over there! (click my www, below, 2 get there, right away)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Ok I'll admit it! I got tired of seeing Lord Revan's name on index all the time-plus a few extra visitors to the Hangar doesn't hurt! :P (I'm very bad as I stuck this topic too.) Hmmm...what stuff of actual interest can I add to this post? :?

It's long been known that Ahira's Hangar is the, kinda, library "sister" site to Kevin's Watch so let's see what connections can I make?

Urula K. LeGuin and Philosophy forums: moderated by Highdrake (Fist and Faith)
Dan Simmons: duchess of malfi
SRD and Politics: Skyweir
David Zindell and Sports: danlo
C. S. Lewis and Sports: mhoram
Science and Technology: Damelon
Tad Williams and Music: Earthblood
General Sci-Fi: Caer Syl
Tolkien: Foamfollower
General Fantasy: MsMaryMalone
Humor: Turiya Foul
Roger Zelazny: Prince of Amber

and there's more--stop by 2day!