The One Tree, Chapter 2: Black Mood

TWL, TOT, WGW

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

To sum up chapter two I would say this was a really well balanced beginning, not only to the story of the One Tree, but to the entire Second Chronicles -

What do you give a man who has lost everything? - Something Broken.

I know what that means now that I've read chapter two. Linden Avery is the something broken. She is the physician, in the Land. Surely she has the means to heal Thomas Covenant, if only, she weren't damaged to the core.
Like the Raver lurking in the bowels of Starfare's Gem, Thomas Covenant's leprosy is too horrifying for her to bear. And yet ...

There is also love in the world.

Just like the provisions of wild maize brought on board by the Storesmaster, there is also fresh water and good fruit. After all, this is The One Tree.

But best of all was when Thomas Covenant ...

rolled back to his feet, snapped erect with a rat writhing clenched in both hands.

A very curious word to choose. As is ...

Revulsion twisted his face.

- poetry

by

any

other

name.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Rune wrote:I almost read through chapter two without a hitch, until that is, the rat attack! Which left me completely baffled.
How could hundreds of rats, hundreds, get aboard the drommond without the Giants knowing ??????
This makes no sense whatsoever.
Maybe these Giants keeps giant wheels of cheese in their galley?
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Rune, quoting Donaldson, wrote:rolled back to his feet, snapped erect with a rat writhing clenched in both hands.
Almost alliterative, all around, almost!

Return to “2nd Chronicles”