Tolkein Mythology Trivia Game

Not whitegold ring chat. The one ring chat.

Moderator: High Lord Tolkien

Trapper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Trapper »

Easy one...

Who was the last king of Arnor, and what was the name of the seer who foresaw the downfall of the Witch-King?

Extra points for quoting the actual text (I don't have a copy of the Appendices at the moment and I wouldn't mind hearing it, ulterior motive... :lol: ).
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

This is easy? I thought I was reasonably familiar with Tolkien's works, but apparently I know nothing.

Arvedui was the last king of Arnor (yes?), and the name of the seer is Glorfindel.

Can't quote the text, though. I have all of them, but apparently I don't know how to use an index properly.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." (Anais Nin)
Trapper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Trapper »

Sorry about the belated response, burgs. I haven't checked this part of the KW forum for a few months. You're probably just the same as me, but even so I may PM you indignantly in about April/May (of 2013). You have been forewarned. :twisted:

Yes, Arvedui was the last king of Arnor.

I thought the seer involved ("Not by the hand of Man shall he fall") was Malbeth. But I could very well be wrong. I'm also pretty sure that a future King of Gondor (before Aragorn) was there at the time as a youthful prince.

Anybody care to name the young twat?
thranathiril
Woodhelvennin

Post by thranathiril »

Earnur was the name of the prince of Gondor. He ended up being the last king of Gondor - he rode of to Minas Morgul to challenge the Witch-king a second time, and was never heard of again.

Return to “J.R.R. Tolkien Forum”