What's playing?

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

By its nature, Chronicles of Riddick is bound to lack beautiful people. :P

I enjoyed 2 Fast 2 Furious more than word of mouth led me to believe I would. <dodging blow from the fist of Lord Foul> Nobody's meant to take it seriously. :roll:

Watching Road to Perdition now with the sound off. Blood Work comes on next on the same channel. Cool.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Last weekend I watched a very weird movie, very sarcastic and cynical and once you figure out what's going on you realize that almost every character symbolizes some aspect of human life. It's called Masked and Anonymus and centers on Bob Dylan's new music with "live" takes. Bob kinda represents rebellion and everyman in a strange, stark, generic and very violent possible future. Also stars John Goodman, Jessica Lange, Jeff Bridges, Penelope Cruz and Luke Wilson with tons of cameos ranging from Mickey Rourke to Cheech Marin to Val Kilmer.

Speaking of Val Kilmer, I watched Wonderland this weekend--and was on IM halfway though it when all the Watchers teased me endlessly about watching a John Holmes Movie :P Anyway it really is about prOnstar Johnny "Wad" Holmes but it's about what may or may not have happened to him after his career ended. In anycase Holmes fell hard into the LA cocaine/smack scene and did not become a very trustworthy of likeable character. The film centers on a horrific multiple drug murder that Holmes seems to be associated with. I was blown away by Kilmer's preformance--takes his coach potato bong persona from True Romance to a completely different level of sheer sleeze. Kate Bosworth is outstanding as his girlfriend and Dylan McDermott was notable. Josh Lucas, Lisa Kudrow, Ted Levine and Christina Applegate round out the impressive cast.

Finally last night: Winged Migration Wow duchess you were right! 8O 8O 8O I've never seen anything like this. One of the most amazing films I have ever seen-Tam and I were shaking our heads for hours saying, "How in the bleep did they film that? Is that animated--no it isn't--that's amazing--just how in the bleep did they film that?" Wow what a gorgeous film. Incredible international soundtrack--is it availble to purchase? :? (loved the snowy owl [Ahira], btw)
Last edited by danlo on Fri May 28, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Just rented "The Eye", which I bleieve was done by the same team that brought us "Ringu" (the Ring).

Not good. Predicatable and the characters were poorly built. A disappointment.

Saw Shreck 2. Funny. Puss n' Boots (voiced by Antonio Banderas) was the show stealer.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

Rented Cat In The Hat, Master and Commander, and Scary Movie 3 over the weekend, not to mention borrowing a bunch more movies from my mother-in-law. :D

Cat In The Hat was hilarious, even though it's more of a kid-oriented movie.

Scary Movie 3 was OK, but could've been better.

Haven't watched Master and Commander yet, though.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Encryptic wrote: Haven't watched Master and Commander yet, though.

You'll like it. Hope you have a decent sized screen.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

A Gunslinger wrote:
Encryptic wrote: Haven't watched Master and Commander yet, though.

You'll like it. Hope you have a decent sized screen.
I ended up watching it on my computer last night. Not the world's biggest screen but I've got pretty decent speakers. In any case, that was a great movie. I'll definitely have to pick up a copy at some point. :D
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Just ordered Matrix Revolutions on PPV. It's coming on in about eight minutes. Watching Patton till then.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

What did you think of Patton, Lord Foul? Serious movie or blatant Hollywood-U.S. Government propaganda? I've never seen the whole movie, only parts.
Last edited by matrixman on Mon May 31, 2004 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Worm of Despite
Lord

I saw it long time ago when I was a kid. I enjoyed it--especially Scott's acting.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Finally got around to watching a couple of movies this weekend that I've been wanting to see for awhile.
Underworld was a bit gory for my tastes, but I can certainly see why Ur-Vile loves it, with the lovely Kate Beckinsale dashing through nearly every scene clad in skin tight black leather. :lol: :lol:
Bend it like Beckham was a great heart warming movie...I really enjoyed it. It is the coming of age story of two teen aged girls in England, who love to play soccer. Despite their cultural differences, they both have in common at least one parent who does not approve of their love of sports... Image
Love as thou wilt.

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Terminator 3 on HBO
Worm of Despite
Lord

I rented T3 mainly for the female Terminator. It did not disappoint.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I have T3 on tape now, I'm glad to say. Will have to rewatch it soon, because I was doing other things at the same time.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Paused during the Pirates of the Caribbean extras, the commentary by Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport.

I wanted to watch the episode of La Femme Nikita where Nikita endangers her under-cover status by beating up a serial killer. (I still love Nikita and Michael).
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Watching The Secret Window, with Johnny Depp tonight--will let y'all know how it is!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Yes, please, Danlo. I'm very curious about Secret Window.

I'm about to put on my new Pushing Tin DVD, another movie where I wore the tape out.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

duchess of malfi wrote:Underworld was a bit gory for my tastes, but I can certainly see why Ur-Vile loves it, with the lovely Kate Beckinsale dashing through nearly every scene clad in skin tight black leather. :lol: :lol:
[/img]
:LOLS: Yes despite the horrible plot, it is a favourite movie in the caverns beneath Mount Thunder.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well Depp's acting was great--as a whacked loner in a house in the woods I could possibly see him playing TC in oh 10 years (but maybe he's too short to play TC...). Plot was very very predictable, sorry. Nothing wrong with rest of film-good acting, shot well, Tuturro was great-a hodgepodge of King devices-and predictable...Made me want to see The Ninth Gate again for some reason...it had more variety?... :roll:
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Thanks, Danlo. :) Depp and Turturro is a good combination. I'll rent to see if I want to buy.

Now watching Master & Commander, but Highlander comes on in 5 minutes, so I'll be pausing M&C for that.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I watched a really old movie for the first time last night...Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson and Doris Day. I thought it was actually pretty cute, and was amused when Hudson was making all sorts of gay jokes about his alter ego, given that Hudson was gay in real life...a bit of irony there...

The reason I watched this movie was because a couple of months ago, I saw the movie that was inspired by it, Down with Love, and enjoyed it so much I was curious to see the original. :)

A couple of days ago, I also watched Under the Tuscan Sun, and thought it was a great little movie about starting your life all over again when in middle age... :)
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “Flicks”