What's playing?

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Went to the pictures for the first time today since my children were small. Took the two grandsons to see "Get Santa" which we all enjoyed. Stars our famous Lincolnshire actor Jim Broadbent.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Last week I saw Ex Machina, which turned out to be a really good sci fi. I have a few quibbles regarding women in the film (every woman in the film, pretty much, does full frontal nudity, while the men keep their shirts on), but other than that...
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

I'm Murrin wrote:Last week I saw Ex Machina, which turned out to be a really good sci fi. I have a few quibbles regarding women in the film (every woman in the film, pretty much, does full frontal nudity, while the men keep their shirts on), but other than that...
That one was on my list - partly because the soundtrack was written by Jeff Barrow of Portishead.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Last night I went to see Predestination. It's an interesting film, though it relies heavily on some twists that can be easily guessed just because you know it's a time travel film.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I just saw Chappie. Really fun film, doesn't take itself too seriously, doesn't fail like Elysium did. Worth seeing.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Julie bought me both Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero Six on dvd. can not wait til next movie night. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

sgt.null wrote:Julie bought me both Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero Six on dvd. can not wait til next movie night. :)
Two excellent choices! :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Wife and I went to see Kingsman: The secret service.

Man this could have been so much better. Samual Jackson's character (the bad guy) just.... well I couldn't take him seriously because of the stupid lisp they had his character with. I know it was a comedy but that distracted from the movie so much, I couldn't really immerse myself in it.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Just saw Pitch Perfect 2. Pretty decent, very funny. Enjoyed it.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Looking forward to The Heart of the Sea. Not to serious take on the true-life events that inspired Moby-Dick, the film loogs good in the trailer and the book it was based on [same name] is truly awesome [and I don't say that lightly!].
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Well Bridget Jones is back but I don't rate her. To me the biggest decisions she had to make was whether to marry a belted earl or a minted lawyer and whether to succumb to the temptation to wear comfortable knickers as opposed to a thong. I cannot empathise with her...... except on the knickers thing.

The Blair Witch gets a further outing: a workmate spun out the theory that is apparently doing the online rounds that the original film was in fact a simple murder story. The idea is that the two lads simply cooked up this plot to murder the girl and took her into the woods in a locally know spot with a spooky past in order to mentally torture, then kill her. Oddly the idea actually works.........

The Magnificent Seven gets its obligatory remake outing this week and the jury's out as to how that will go down with the purists - but the trailer sounds damn good.

The advance screenings of Burton's Miss Peregrine's School for bloody odd kids or something hit the cinemas on Thursday and I'm always up for a bit of good whimsy so count me in! ;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Totally enjoyed the Magnificent Seven remake. Very well made. They also use the original movie music at the end credits...
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Couldn't get in on my day off alas: will have to pick it up on DVD. The Peregrine's film was ok, but a bit of a cobble up of different films and not brilliant at the end.

The Girl on the Train is the big film this week, but I read a review that said it's a bit confused in its telling, so again will hold off until the small screen version becomes available.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Probably won't see anything at the theater until Doctor Strange next month and most likely nothing after that until Rogue One.
In the mean time the wife and I are closing in on our annual Halloween binge at home with the usual spate of Universal monster films (I especially look forward to the Creature) and I ask my wife sit through Halloween III. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Check out the trailers for Arrival Tom - might be one that would interest you.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've just been to see Arrival, a film based on the short story "Story of Your Life" by Ted Chiang. Wow, it is a really great film. It's a slow and thoughtful film rather than one with lots of action, and it's built around a really clever science fictional conceit in a way that I didn't really expect from a movie. Highly recommend.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Excellent news! I've got it penned in for the weekend! :)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Over the weekend I saw: The Great Wall, John Wick 2, The Lego Batman Movie, and Hidden Figures. Enjoyed them all. John Wick 2 was maybe slightly disappointing compared to the first film, but still good.
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

I'm Murrin wrote:Over the weekend I saw: The Great Wall, John Wick 2, The Lego Batman Movie, and Hidden Figures. Enjoyed them all. John Wick 2 was maybe slightly disappointing compared to the first film, but still good.
Wow, that's a good weekend at the movies!

At the risk of going slightly off topic, I had never even heard of John Wick until last year. I heard a passing mention that Keanu Reeves had returned to good form in that movie, then saw it at the Red Box and picked it out. Wow! It blew me away. I'm on a really tight budget, though, so I won't get to see Wick 2 until Red Box time comes.

I am going to fork over the dough to see Logan in two weeks, though. I can't wait!
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Shuram Logan is excellent!!! Hope you enjoy it!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Flicks”