Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I spent two days over the weekend playing "We. The Revolution" which sets you as a judge in the French Revolution, trying cases, sending people to the guillotine, etc.

Short game, but actually pretty damn good. Have to balance the various factions opinions of you to stay in office / alive, and every time you start getting into the flow of things, they add a new mechanic.

Quite enjoyed actually.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

peter wrote:Life's too short for playing games that don't hit the spot. God of War went into a pile of 'to be continued' games that may or may not ever be returned to.
All of this post made complete sense to me. While I've not played Days Gone, and typically don't like zombie apocalypse games because who wants to spend THAT much time in a depressing story, I've encountered those before and they don't live very long for me. Especially when I feel overwhelmed with games at the moment.

I received God of War for Christmas and have barely played any of it. I absolutely adored Horizon Zero Dawn, and so much of the beginning of God of War looked very familiar. I've not been a fan of the franchise, but everybody said it was the best of them, and a lot put it above Horizon Zero Dawn, so I had to give it a try. It might be a case of which one you play first, because I am definitely not getting into it. Just had a big fist fight with some guy and it did not raise my expectations at all. I'm ready for the story to start, and to truly be released to get used to the controls and have fun, but so far it seems very much on rails, which I didn't expect.

So instead I'm playing through all the Uncharted games again, and am loving it. And then maybe I'll take a dive into Bioshock, since that was the free games this month on PS+.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

The one positive I will give God of War from my short dip into it is the extremely satisfying thunk of the hammer as it......errr......thunks back into your hand. That I could do for hours! :lol:
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

So I've progressed in Factorio from a factory full of conveyor belts laid out like spaghetti to a base full of railroads laid out like spaghetti. The belts are quite neat and orderly now.

I finally brought my iron production to scale, but I'm consuming steel faster than I can create it.

There are various science packs that you have to craft to research later technologies. I was targetting 100 SPM (science per minute) for the first few packs, but hitting that with the 4th pack requires a LOT more resources. I managed to hit 30SPM for it.

For the 5th and 6th level science packs I'm running into a problem with my fluid processing. I have an excess of light oil and a deficit of petroleum gas. I could start liquifying coal to turn the light oil into petroleum, but I have to research that tech first, and it requires the 5th level packs.

Also, the bugs. My base is surrounded by a double layer of walls and a solid line of machine-gun turrets all fed by a conveyor belt full of AP rounds snaking around the base, but it's not enough to keep the bugs back. They're getting bigger. They're getting to my walls and damaging them, requiring constant visits to repair. If I don't get some artillery up soon (also requires the 6th research tier!) they're going to start breaking through...
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Post by Avatar »

Picked up State of Decay 2 with the Steam launch this weekend.

Pretty similar to SoD 1, better graphics, new maps, etc. etc. If you enjoyed the first, and want more of very much the same, you should enjoy this.

Hopefully this will keep me busy until Bannerlord releases at the end of the month, which will then eat up the next few months after that with no problem. :D

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Recently been playing some puzzle games. Went through The Room and The Room Two in couple hours each last week, then today I spent eight hours on Return of the Obra Dinn, a really interesting game where you explore a ship and view these scenes of all the ways people died, piecing together who each person is and how they died from all sorts of clues in the scenes. Thing is it's all in this monochrome wireframe graphics style and staring at that for eight hours gave me a headache.

Post by Avatar »

Uh, Bannerlord, obviously. :D

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I've run out of steam on all my games I have been playing. Actually, I take it back. My son and I have been playing Dicey Dungeons that he got from Steam. It looked kinda dumb when he bought it, but he had me go through one of the characters, and I got hooked. The replayability on this game is insane, and figuring out strategies for these strange characters is most of the fun. I'd highly recommend this game, and most games of this can be concluded in a little over 30 minutes.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life

Post by Avatar »

Playing X4: Foundations finally, now that the Split Vendetta is out. Progressed enough to have gotten the Player HQ station, and a small fleet of Dragon corvettes. Think I need to go privateering for some cash now though.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Been playing Frostpunk all weekend. Pretty easy to fall down a hole and lose track of time with these sim games.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I picked up AC3 on sale, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I also got back into Rimworld this last week, and my current colony is doing typical... As in, I have 30k raw plants, and not enough meat lol.

This time though I'm trying to go bigger on ranching, so I've got 11 yaks, and I'm trying to get up to 20. That should give me a decent amount of milk, and I'll be able to slaughter the extra young for meat. I know cows are more efficient for milk but they don't roam this far north, so I'd have to form a caravan and head south to buy some, and I'm not ready for that yet.

Post by Avatar »

AC3 is possible the worst of them...I fondly refer to it as "Assassins Cutscene III" :D

--A

Post by Avatar »

Well, 50 hours or so into X4 and enjoying it quite a lot. Think my station is finally becoming profitable...need some extra traders I think.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Avatar wrote:Well, 50 hours or so into X4 and enjoying it quite a lot. Think my station is finally becoming profitable...need some extra traders I think.
Famous last words...the station now requires that I transfer some 6 million credits to it in order to meet its projected operating costs...time to go privateering...

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm finally picking Spider-Man back up more than a year after I started it. Great game, I just never made the time for it.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

If it is the most recent, I borrowed that from a friend and had such a good time playing it. More than anything, I just loved swinging around the city and not really doing anything.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yeah, it's a fun game to just mess about with. They took the whole Batman: Arkham City thing and improved upon it significantly.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Yesterday I tried a multi-player run of Bob's Mods on Factorio... It addes a LOT of minerals, and very much complicates the crafting tree. Every time we researched a new item, the result was "OK, it needs these 3 new resources... Wait, each one of those requires 5 steps to and 4 OTHER resources to craft? WTF?!?!?"

Around 6 hours in we gave up.

Today it's back to Rimworld. I'm trying to get a "Naked Brutality" start going which, in the description, says "There is nothing remotely fair about this scenario."
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Playing Final Fantasy VII remake, and I must say that it is a welcome thing, and a different experience. I am really digging how they are delving into the characters more than the original, and my memory of the original is a little shaky as I feel there is something added that I don't recognize at all.
I'm playing it on Easy because I want to get through the damn thing instead of use what little time I have spending so much time fighting monsters over and over again and each battle taking forever. I tried it on standard, and found myself bored by the end of a battle. I'm sure it would be better as the game progressed and you can do more and more, but I don't have time. I might replay later on standard, but I'm okay with the way too easy button mashing of the standard battle, and the small bit of a challenge with the boss monsters.
It really is a beautiful world they have created.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life

Post by Avatar »

Never actually played any of the FF games.

--A

Return to “PC & Console Games”