Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Seppi2112
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Seppi2112 »

CT is definately worth the import. That and FF3 are perhaps the best RPGs ever made- back when they still valued story over visuals.

Just finished Final Fantasy Tactics Advance a few days ago. 120+ hours for a GAME BOY game!!! Damn that was addicting.
<i>"Kupo?"</i>
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I stopped playing GameBoy Advance games a while ago - tell me, do they still make them so that you can't make out what the hell is going on on the screen?
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Nav wrote:
Darth Revan wrote:Which side did you choose? And did Bastila survive? In your game I mean... I've completed it... but there are several ways you can go...
Yeah, she survived and declared her love for me. I chose the light side, although I got a good ticking off for using Force Persuade too much and threatening to kill the owner of the droid shop on Tatooine.

The end cinematics looked a bit odd, as I'd given Canderous a suit of Mandolorian assault armour, not realising it had a helmet too. It looked like we were being stalked by a vengeful mercenary.

On every Star Wars game I've got, I've always told myself that I'll play through again as the Dark Side. I can never seem to go through with it though (although I often play JK2 online as a darksider).

I might have a try at being a 'grey' Jedi on KOTOR next time. I loved some of the nasty responses you could give to your friends. Like when Carth asks how the final battle went, you can say "Fine, and some help you were!"
I love the replies too! I went too the dark side *Grin* of course... and ended up ruling the galaxy. :D
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Murrin wrote:I stopped playing GameBoy Advance games a while ago - tell me, do they still make them so that you can't make out what the hell is going on on the screen?
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/ ... s&n=507846

Comes with built-in, rechargeable batteries, so you never have to buy news ones. And yes, it has a built-in light, so you can play it in pitch-black.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yes, I know, but since I already spent on the GBA, it's the games that matter. I only have two GBA games, and I can't play either of them because of how dark the picture is. :/
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I have a bad habit of starting too many games at once. I just started playing .Hack//INFECTION, which means my character just started playing 'The World', heh.
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

Is the newish Max Payne any good? What about Pandora's Whatsit? Am living vicariously due to essay commitments (sad old me)
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've been playing Terranigma on my SNES, and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on my N64. I might start playing Body Harvest again soon - I love Body Harvest. Or perhaps Final Fantasy VIII, I never finished that...
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I've been playing KOTOR like nothing else. I've already beaten it once. The first time through I was light side for MOST of the time, but then at the very end I switched to dark side, seeing how cool wearing black and wielding a double-bladed lightsaber was. This time, my second time through, I've decided to play dark side the whole way. I think on my third try I'll commit to be being light side, just so I can see the ending. Oh yeah, and Darth, can you romance Bastila if you're dark side?
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Lord Foul wrote:I've been playing KOTOR like nothing else. I've already beaten it once. The first time through I was light side for MOST of the time, but then at the very end I switched to dark side, seeing how cool wearing black and wielding a double-bladed lightsaber was. This time, my second time through, I've decided to play dark side the whole way. I think on my third try I'll commit to be being light side, just so I can see the ending. Oh yeah, and Darth, can you romance Bastila if you're dark side?
Yeah you can. She's pretty much your slave after that. Completely devoted to you. If you told her to do something, anything! :twisted: She'd do it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

edinburghemma wrote:Is the newish Max Payne any good? What about Pandora's Whatsit? Am living vicariously due to essay commitments (sad old me)
Max Payne is exceptional. Very well written.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Has anyone played Azure Dreams on the PlayStation? Possibly the best RPG ever made.

I had a copy years ago but my little sister snapped the disc in half (God knows how) and I couldn't get hold of it again (because it's bloody rare) until recently when I had a look on ebay and managed to win an auction for it. Then the guy sent me the wrong game, so I ended up having to wait an extra week and pay extra postage to send his game back. But it was all worth it because I have Azure Dreams again.
On the other hand I had forgotten the rages I get into when I die inside the monster tower...

Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle for the PS2 are also brilliant games, along with the Final Fantasy series (of which VII has always been my favourite).

The whole civilisation series is brilliant too. I've got high hopes for Civ4.

Unless I'm mistaken nobody has mentioned Diablo II!! How the hell did this piece of brilliance get overlooked? I think it's the game I have spent more time on than any other, the brilliant random itme generation system and huge variety of spells/abilities throughout the characters along with the superb quests meant I could play it for ages without getting bored. (But when I did get bored I'd just quit for a while and come back in a few months' time. I did the same thing with AOEII, perhaps it's time to go back again :) By the way, does anyone else play custom scenarios on AOEII? I have made some of my own, they weren't brilliant and they weren't crap but they never get played as much as the truly atrocious ones like castle blood.)

I think I've gone on for long enough, I wouldn't want to bore anyone.
Last edited by Nathan on Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Nathan wrote:Has anyone played Azure Dreams on the PlayStation? Possibly the best RPG ever made.
Not a chance. It's good. But cannot match KOTOR.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

depends on how you like your rpgs I suppose. On the other hand, I've never played KOTOR, so I can't really compare them.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Nathan wrote:depends on how you like your rpgs I suppose. On the other hand, I've never played KOTOR, so I can't really compare them.
Yeah, to each his own. But try KOTOR... it's the most amazing game EVER imo.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finally managed to find a (second hand) copy of FFVI for the PlayStation, and now my collection is complete - I own FF, FF2, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and FFX-2.
Damn them for never releasing FF3 in English.

Anyway, this has encouraged me to try and finish all my half-done FF games (those being FF1 through FFVII) - I'm starting with FF2, and working my way up. Then I'll probably try and finish all the other RPGs I started a few months back - Shadow Hearts, Wild Arms 3, Unlimited Saga, etc, etc.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I've been playing Quake 3 a lot... nothing better than sitting up on a platform and sniping people with th railgun. Ahhh, sweet bloodlust.

Pie and Cake
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finally finished all the leagues in WipEout Fusion, but now I'm hooked again - so I started over (I'm alternating WipEout with FF).
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I've been playing the crap out of Simpsons Hit & Run!
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Darth Revan wrote:, to each his own. But try KOTOR... it's the most amazing game EVER imo.
KOTOR is very, very good but serious RPG players might find it a bit lightweight compared to a lot of the FF games. I find Final Fantasy games to be a series of intense fights with lots of tedious random encounters in between (and if you don't fight lots of random beasties, you can't finish the game). KOTOR is a lot more evenly paced, and doesn't have the overtly 'Japanese' feel of FF. I'm eagerly awaiting KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, although if it's a lot more graphically demanding than KOTOR then I'm not sure if my PC will be able to handle it.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.

Return to “PC & Console Games”