Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, Oblivion is 4 years older than FONV, which is only 1 year older than Skyrim. Always felt FONV has held up quite well really.

(I'm still playing Man Eater...mindless fun for the most part.)

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol:

In a tank containing a shark and a man it's always going to be better to be the shark! ;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Post by Avatar »

LOL that is certainly true enough. And there is certainly something almost soothing about gliding through the waters tearing apart hapless swimmers and seals and stuff. :D

--A

Post by Avatar »

Back to Kenshi, the game that keeps giving. :D

At well over 1,000 hours now, this is without doubt the best cost / entertainment value per hour I've ever had. :D

Am probably sitting on around 0.12 cents per hour and the value just keeps increasing. :D

--A
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

I just started another game of Xcom 2: War of the Chosen.

I'm a casual gamer at best but keep coming back to this one, it's so much fun. Trying out some new mods as well.

Post by Avatar »

(XCom was one of the original inspirations for Kenshi. :D )

I picked up Cartel Tycoon the other day, an early access game slated for full release soon. Set in 80's South America, it is, as the name suggests, cartel simulator, allowing you to build up farming and production and supply chains to create a huge virtual drug empire. :D

--A
inkinen
Stonedownor

Post by inkinen »

Going to start Elden Ring soon!

Post by Avatar »

Let us know how it goes. :D

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I have also been playing Elden Ring. Never played a Souls game before and wasn't sure I'd be into it with the rep it has for punishing difficulty, but this one is a lot of fun. It's huge game and every bit of it is really well designed. If something's too difficult you can go do other things and level up a bit because it's so big and open. I've been going slow and steady; I cleared out most of Limgrave (the starting area, which is pretty big on its own) before going to the first story boss in Stormveil Castle, then by the time I got there I was level 40+ and the bosses were super easy.

Post by Avatar »

Well, the latest X4 expansion dropped, so I decided to return to the title, and start a new game as a pirate. (Well, right now I'm a pirate wannabe, but one can dream. :D )

As such, I've abandoned my fairly advanced (stations, fleets, etc.) Split game, and started again with nothing, a penniless prison escapee taken in by an insignificant independent pirate group.

The only problem is these games require such a time committent...gods know when I'll finish my Culture re-read now... :D

--A

Post by Avatar »

Well, 25 days on, and I'm about 127 hours into my new X4 Foundations playthrough.

Am past the point of hands-on currently, just trying to get my economy up and running enough that I can finance some proper military operations. :D

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Still playing Elden Ring. I'm almost 100 hours into it now.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Been a while since I posted here huh.
I've played other things since Elden Ring, but most recently:

Cult of the Lamb - fun dungeon crawler roguelite with a town management sim attached. Lacks a bit of depth in the management side (I ran out of upgrades for my cult long before I finished the combat side of the game) but sitll very good.

Immortality - from the creator of Her Story and Telling Lies, and really the pinnacle of his work so far. The premise is, actress Marissa Marcel starred in three films that were never released, and Marcel herself disappeared. You have been given access to a collection of footage - clips from the shooting of the scenes, audtions, rehearsals, and so on - and can scrub through them looking for hints of what happened to her (and also getting to piece together the plots of the three films, too).
"Game" is technically the word for it, but it's a big library of film clips that you have to stumble your way through by watching one clip and clicking on a face or object to be taken to a random clip containing the same thing, with the goal being to fully assemble the library of clips and dig into the secrets hidden in it. The previous games did this by having you search by keywords and being given five clips containing that word. This one is superbly put together and much, much weirder than the previous games. (I played Telling Lies earlier this year. It was bland and uninteresting. Her Story is a classic though.)

Finally, I decided to give Total War: Warhammer 3 a go since it's on GamePass. It's a 104GB download, which was my first hurdle, but I went ahead because I've heard good things and I always liked the Total War games when I was younger. I played through half the tutorial, which was laborious and not very fun at all, and then the very next day the game tried to download a 77GB patch. Maybe if I'd played a real campaign without all the restrictions and handholding I would have gotten into it, but I totally noped out at that point and won't be trying it again.

Post by Avatar »

I got the first TW Warhammer game, but didn't enjoy it. The historical ones are much better...I still play Shogun 2 and Attila.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've been getting deep into Sayonara Wild Hearts lately. I've had it a while, played it through a few times, but now I'm going for trophies and stuff. Genuinely one of the all-time greats.

Post by Avatar »

Bought Total War: Three Kingdoms on sale the other day, but haven't been able to get into it.

I may be over the TW games, which is a bit of a shame.

Maybe if the next historical one is a period I'm interested in, I'll try again. Feels like sometimes they just change the campaign mechanics for the sake of it. (While battles are basically always the same.)

(Looks very good though, but ultra settings sure make my GPU fans run hard.)

--A

Post by Avatar »

Got myself Jedi: Fallen Order on the steam sale, (as well as Yakuza 6 (I'm yet to play 5) and some little stealth semi-platformer or something.)

Was like 85% off. It's actually better than I expected, and not quite as much on rails as I thought, albeit a little frustrating and same / same at first. Neither the story nor the acting, (including an appearance (so far) by Forrest Whittaker) has really grabbed me, but light sabres, amirite? :D

Less than half-way I think, but will probably finish it. (Map layouts are very frustrating though.) Doubt it's re-playable though.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Well, the last X4 expansion was just released, finally adding the Boron back into the universe. Went back to my last game, (in which my penniless pirate has become a respected captain of industry, proud owner of 46 stations and 800 ships, including serious carrier fleets, and multiple sectors), in order to unlock the Boron start by carrying out the missions they decided to gatekeep it behind.

After a brief time of "how the hell do I play this game again" I've actually slipped into it fairly easily. Will see how it goes. Still haven't finished sorting out the new place, so shouldn't be spending too much time doing this... :D )

--A
inkinen
Stonedownor

Post by inkinen »

100h into elden ring and been living it so far.
Also started on Valheim a couple of weeks ago. Awesome game that is very addictive!

Post by Avatar »

I got it, (Valheim) but never really got into it. It's probably less fun as a single player game. :D

Haven't tried Elden Ring yet...probably the kind of game I'll like (several thousand hours in Skyrim) but not in a rush, can wait for it to be heavily discounted. :D

--A

Return to “PC & Console Games”