Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

After all the Morrowind talk, I decided to start playing it again (PC version - got it cheap ages ago). Previously I'd gotten bored before I even left Seyda Neen. Now, I've done quite a bit, but I'm finding that I'm getting a little stuck - I keep getting killed. What's the best way to build up your stats quickly (it's far too much effort finding more stuff to steal and then having to find someone that will buy it, then finding someone who'll train the right skills (I currently have 2 items that none of the shop folks I've met have enough money to buy from me)).
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I'm currently enjoying Rome: Total War. Soon I'll be playing a refurbished Super Nintendo and Chrono Trigger. Not to mention Final Fantasy III, A Link to the Past, and Super Mario RPG. *drool*

As for Morrowind: I can't remember how I leveled up; I was a warrior. Just did my missions, killed a bunch of stuff. By level 20 or 30 you're pretty much invincible. I hear Tribunal changes that, though.
VioletX
Servant of the Land

Post by VioletX »

Murrin~ The best thing that Iv'e done with this game is go to gamefaqs. They have excellent hints and tips for quickly leveling up, with multiplier's and such that I still don't understand, lol.

The thing I had the most trouble with was actually hitting a creature. So I picked a longsword as one of my character's strongpoints, and bought a bound sword spell. I cast it, then cylce through my swords (on the playng screen) until I get a huge bonus on my longswoed skill. I'm probably cheating :oops: , but I'm still learning this game, and it's too slow, for my taste, not to. Now I hit everything, and I'm only a level 3.
The only thing certain is that nothing is certain.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So I take it that simply casting a bound spell is enough to raise sword skills? I should start using bound swords, then. I'm at level 3 or 4, I chose to be a fighter sort, but I don't seem to be so good, since whenever I fight another human I get killed very quickly. The only skill I'm finding easy to raise is Acrobatics, which I just have to jump all the time to raise (Athletics should be easy, but for some reason takes a lot of work to raise).

i do have one other question - if I'm caught stealing and choose 'Go to Jail', what happens to the item I stole? Do I still have to give it back?
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

The item is taken from you. as are EVERY OTHER ITEM YOUVE EVER STOLEN. And that bites. big time.
almost enough to make a crooked man honest!
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I finally got Morrowind! I borrowed it from a friend.
Unfortunately though, I couldn't get it cracked so I may not have it for long.

Pie and Cake
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I want it! *grumble* Bloody X-Box...

Aaaanyway, the last couple of days I've been playing Legacy of Kain: Defiance. It's good. I love the Legacy of Kain games.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Morrowind is great! Especially all the different mods you can download for it . . . You can download houses and crap to live in. Some are freaking mansions! I still think Morrowind has the purdiest graphics of any game, even after Doom 3 and all.

Oh, by the way, guys:

www.elderscrolls.com/splash/index.htm

Morrowind sequel! Only bad news is it's being developed for the Xbox 2. Bah, we want PC!

To stay on topic, I'll add:

I ordered Final Fantasy IV and VI. My mom's husband got a good deal on a Super Nintendo. Gaming nirvana looms closer every day.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

Fable, I've been playing Fable. I can see how some people could get bored with this game. It plays like Ocarina of Time, but with RPG elements. I wouldn't call it a full blown RPG as you have no control over what gender or skin color you have. The story is simple and disposable, but the game play is very fun.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
Worm of Despite
Lord

Played a little Planescape: Torment today. It trounces Baldur's Gate II in depth of story and characterization; if there were an "intellectual" genre, Torment would be on top of the heap. That said, the game just doesn't grab me like Baldur's Gate does. Of course, such a deep game is not for everyone--just barely for me.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

Speaking of Planescape torment, and baldurs gate II, did anyone here play the old Dark Sun games? They ran pretty decent on a 486 66 mhz machine, and they were just great, definately a strong influence on later D&D games. Anyone see them?
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am playing the Sims 2. It is very addictive. Was up until 1am last night.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

JemCheeta wrote:Speaking of Planescape torment, and baldurs gate II, did anyone here play the old Dark Sun games? They ran pretty decent on a 486 66 mhz machine, and they were just great, definately a strong influence on later D&D games. Anyone see them?

I played nearly ever one of the SSR D&D games. I miss those, they had good stories. Champions of Krynn was my personal favorite.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I played Death Knights of Krynn. Good game.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

Murrin wrote:After all the Morrowind talk, I decided to start playing it again (PC version - got it cheap ages ago). Previously I'd gotten bored before I even left Seyda Neen. Now, I've done quite a bit, but I'm finding that I'm getting a little stuck - I keep getting killed. What's the best way to build up your stats quickly (it's far too much effort finding more stuff to steal and then having to find someone that will buy it, then finding someone who'll train the right skills (I currently have 2 items that none of the shop folks I've met have enough money to buy from me)).

For selling those expensive items (for instance, you'll probably never find someone with enough money to buy glass armor from you), go to someone in (one of) your faction(s) who sells the same sort of thing...they'll give you a good price to start out, and you can make up for what they can't afford by buying other stuff from them, and then selling it back to them when they have money again.

Also, rats are good for practicing your sword/knife/spear/etc. fighting, and racers make excellent practice targets for ranged weapons. For practicing magical skills you're not very good at, buy a cheap spell and just use it over and over and over...for increasing my destruction skill (which is now at 62), I bought the fleabite spell.

Oh, and if you need a place to stay and put down stuff that you don't need to carry around all the time, you can use the house of someone you've killed. :P (I did that in Balmora...the place on the corner next to the Blades leader's house) Oh, and I dunno if it's the same for the other Houses, but if you get high enough in House Telvanni, they build you a stronghold *grin* it's awesome.
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Playing Halo 2 - Excellent, excellent! Capital! Capital!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Tenchu. A bit old now, but good fun.
Worm of Despite
Lord

San Andreas and Symphony of the Night. Still waiting for X-2 to come in the mail! :x
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I have been playing Ratchet and Clank 2 and am in challenge mode. Now I am diverted by Kingdom Hearts which turns out to be really fun.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Been playing Rome: Total war mostly, with a bit of star wars battlefront mixed in, and a dash of jedi academy.

On the PS2 I've rented eyetoy: play 2 which is a huge improvement over the original (already decent) game. I plan to buy it in the near future.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]

Return to “PC & Console Games”