Whats the Gap?

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Whats the Gap?

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Ive heard a lot about SRD's Gap series on this site, and have never actually read SRD aside from TCTC, of course! Call me an idiot, but what is it? Is it sci/fi? Is it heavy reading?
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I found it equally heavy to TCTC. It was much nastier, but perhaps didn't get quite so personal. Sort of more excess at the edges, less in the middle. The first book 'The Real Story' sets the scene on the weight level.

Yep, sci-fi, sort of fantastical political/action/period drama ... Brideshead meets Lion in Winter and then translates into sci-fi and goes R Rated.

How's that sound. Anyone else think I'm on the money?
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

For some reason, I couldn't get that PC game out of my mind - yet I forget the name of it. I'll edit when I remember.
DirectorDios
<i>Elohim</i>

"Re: What is the Gap?"

Post by DirectorDios »

The thing you MUST understand about the Gap series is that you CANNOT by any means, judge the 5 book series by the first book or even the first 2 books - But once you're half-way into book two and beyond, hang on for the rollercoaster reading ride of your life. It is quite simply an astounding work of pure science-fiction in a space-opera setting. I recommend it highly (obviously)
Loredoctor
Lord

Re: "Re: What is the Gap?"

Post by Loredoctor »

DirectorDios wrote:The thing you MUST understand about the Gap series is that you CANNOT by any means, judge the 5 book series by the first book or even the first 2 books - But once you're half-way into book two and beyond, hang on for the rollercoaster reading ride of your life. It is quite simply an astounding work of pure science-fiction in a space-opera setting. I recommend it highly (obviously)
My sentiments exactly, Warden.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “The Gap Series”