Bush, the "Holy Emperor"

Archive From The 'Tank
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

A Gunslinger's signature wrote:I cannot wait for Bush to reap the whirlwind that ka has waiting for him.
Ka?

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

A Gunslinger wrote:We all believe in some form of higher power (even the aethiests beleive in some form of higher thought).
Some might, but I don't.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Lord Foul wrote:
A Gunslinger wrote:We all believe in some form of higher power (even the aethiests beleive in some form of higher thought).
Some might, but I don't.
Ditto.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

A Gunslinger wrote:...the unilateral means by which he uses it in promulgation of policies that have consequences that his fundamentalism doesn't anticipate.
A Gunslinger wrote:He is leading the world into the mother of all caamora.
I'd be interested in hearing you expand upon these thoughts in a level of detail greater than you've provided above. For example, what unexpected consequences do you see and what makes you certain that the results will be "The mother of all caamora"?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

More Detail & an Apology

Post by A Gunslinger »

First allow me to apologize for making a hasty generalization about the belief structures involved in aetheism. I am judgement free, please be aware. Also, KA is really Karma...reference from the Dark Tower series.

Secondly, when I refer to the unintended consequences brought about by Bush's fundamentist beliefs, I mean that he has allowed his religious zeal to install a sense of ABSOLUTE confidence that what he is doing is not only right, but righteous. He therefore rushes ahead into action before an empirical analysis of the consequences of implementation can be completed. Examples:

1) WMD: If you accept that they really thought they were there, they rushed in before there was absolute certainty of their existence. The result? 800 dead troops, many more maimed, to say nothing of the number of dead Iraqis.

2) This whole effort in general. The has gone on the record that he feels God selected him to be President ( really it was the Supreme court). As such he pulls out of the Kyoto accord without a second thought believing it is God's will. You see any decision he makes carries with it the implied OK from God, since HE is the messenger.

I hope you don't think I am going to far here. The thing is that his fundamentalism and evangelical nature of his beliefs is well-documented. Google-away, my friends!!![/b]
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

iT'S ACTUALLY KIND OF SCARY... READ THE BOOK OF DANIEL AND REVELATION FOR CLUES ABOUT THE MAN WHO RULES A POWERFUL NATION AND USES GOD'S NAME....

MAKES YA WONDER IF THE END IS NEAR....
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Re: More Detail & an Apology

Post by Skyweir »

A Gunslinger wrote:First allow me to apologize for making a hasty generalization about the belief structures involved in aetheism. I am judgement free, please be aware. Also, KA is really Karma...reference from the Dark Tower series.

Secondly, when I refer to the unintended consequences brought about by Bush's fundamentist beliefs, I mean that he has allowed his religious zeal to install a sense of ABSOLUTE confidence that what he is doing is not only right, but righteous. He therefore rushes ahead into action before an empirical analysis of the consequences of implementation can be completed. Examples:

1) WMD: If you accept that they really thought they were there, they rushed in before there was absolute certainty of their existence. The result? 800 dead troops, many more maimed, to say nothing of the number of dead Iraqis.

2) This whole effort in general. The has gone on the record that he feels God selected him to be President ( really it was the Supreme court). As such he pulls out of the Kyoto accord without a second thought believing it is God's will. You see any decision he makes carries with it the implied OK from God, since HE is the messenger.

I hope you don't think I am going to far here. The thing is that his fundamentalism and evangelical nature of his beliefs is well-documented. Google-away, my friends!!![/b]
Wow i have never heard of these things .. So he actually announced that he is God's messenger on the earth??

Wow .. doesnt God care about his planet?? Isnt he an environmentalist? LOL

This is too weird . I worried about Bush before I heard any of this .. now this makes it far more concerningg! In which case he is no better than the radical Islamics!

Radicalism and fundamentalism are the scariest of philosophical positions!

And Brinn ofcourse there is always a concern about the mother of all ca'amoras! the US do possess WMD!! .. and with some one like that in the driver seat why wouldnt that raise small causes for concern?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Coercri”