Black House/Jack Sawyer/The Tower

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Black House/Jack Sawyer/The Tower

Post by A Gunslinger »

Any speulation on how King may weave Jack into the last couple of books or the Tower myth in geneneral as is discussed near the endo of Black house?

I think Jack is a natural Gunslinger myself, and should somehow aid the KA-tet directly.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

I have no idea. In fact, there are now so many sub-plots and characters from other books, that I'm having trouble imagining how King can cram it all in with just two more novels.

But if anybody can pull off this magician's trick, it's King.
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Roland of Gilead wrote:I have no idea. In fact, there are now so many sub-plots and characters from other books, that I'm having trouble imagining how King can cram it all in with just two more novels.

But if anybody can pull off this magician's trick, it's King.

I was just saying that very thing to my wife! Jack is a great character. I hope we see him again.

ImageImage
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

:?
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Darth Revan wrote::?
Darth, your emoticon suggests confusion...What up?

ImageImage
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Oh I'm always confused. Even the most basic thing confuses me. And I am merely more confused because I have no idea what your talking about. :?
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Jack Sawyer is the protagonist of The Talisman and Black House, collaborations of King and Straub. Jack finds himself (occasionally) in a version of the Dark Tower world called The Territories.

It seems he will appear at some point in Roland's tale, either in Song of Susannah or Dark Tower VII. A large role, a small role, a pivotal role, an adversary role, who knows?

The main problem is that there are rumors that a third collaboration between King and Straub is planned - so that would make me inclinded to think that Jack certainly won't die in the Dark Tower story.
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Good news Roland!! btw, the countdown is T-minus 13 days!!!

ImageImage
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Roland of Gilead wrote:Jack Sawyer is the protagonist of The Talisman and Black House, collaborations of King and Straub. Jack finds himself (occasionally) in a version of the Dark Tower world called The Territories.

It seems he will appear at some point in Roland's tale, either in Song of Susannah or Dark Tower VII. A large role, a small role, a pivotal role, an adversary role, who knows?

The main problem is that there are rumors that a third collaboration between King and Straub is planned - so that would make me inclinded to think that Jack certainly won't die in the Dark Tower story.
ahhh ok. Thanks for the info. :)
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

I believe we will see Jack in the last two Tower books somewhere. I don't think King would have spent all that time setting him up in Black House if he wasn't going to be part of the continuing story. But, just where...and doing what...is anyone's guess. :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I hope you are right, fire. JAck was a great character.

ImageImage

Return to “Stephen King Forum”