I know none of you do, but...Does anyone here play DDR?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

I know none of you do, but...Does anyone here play DDR?

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

It's a game you dance to, with arrows and music? Incredibly addictive, sweeping the country, (the world, especially asia) I doubt if any of you do, but just in case...the reason I haven't been here in a while is I've been (shock!) seeing another message board...that's right, I'm CHEATING. ddrfreak.com has a forum, my name on there is Emrys if any of you are on ddrfreak. Just wanted to know....
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Now THAT went right over my head ...

You dance while people fire arrows around you?

What the ... ?

More information, please!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by Sevothtarte »

I don't play it, but I know what it is. ;) Try to explain... There's a dancer on the screen which reacts to you pressing buttons. Button combinations appear on the screen and you have to copy them, with them of course getting more and more complicated and you having to do them faster and faster.

Hope I didn't just talk complete rubbish, fightingmyinstincts. ;)
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Oh, its a computer game? I though FMI meant live!
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by Sevothtarte »

It started out as a console game in Asia - I'm into Anime/Manga, that's how I came to know people who play it - but is available for PC, too. A short time ago a more 'western' version was released: 'Britney's Dance Beat' starring Miss Spears... :roll:
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It's the next to final sign that video games have gone mainstream

I mean, that requires *work*! You can actually *sweat* playing that thing. And where is the hand/eye coordination? I tell you, it's a conspiracy to make me and my fellow old school video game geeks look like... geeks again.

The final sign, you ask? Video games that incorporate real sunlight and some kind of sports equipment.

Me, I'll stick with Frequency (PS2).

*snoogins*
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Lumikant
Stonedownor

Post by Lumikant »

its actually foot coordnation. i dont like the game, but it does take some skill. and you can use the dance pads to play any game you want to, so if you wanna play final fantasy ix in an interactive fashion you can actually walk around on the pad
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Real dancing ... I think I'll give that a miss LOL!

Eight left feet here.
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

re

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

Not complete rubbish...just that the character on the screen doesn't actually follow you, they just kinda randomly do stuff unrelated to what you're doing...kinda confusing actually, I ignore them. Yeah, it's different from other video games in that it's almost a sport for the hardcore players...I mean they carry water bottles and towels and stuff, and it's tiring...lots of people have lost weight doing this. And there are tournaments. There are trophies! And cash prizes...
I didn't know that the pads could be used for other games, that's cool. I don't have it at home, so I couldn't use it to play FF anyway.
The spears game is probably lame....who wants to dance to that? But ddr, "Dance Dance Revolution" plays like korean music and stuff that you've more than likely not heard before. It's not real popular in smalltownsville where I live, but in california it's a big thing...
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend

Post by Sevothtarte »

Hmm... Now I can't help thinking of those fat kids who sit in front of a screen all day and don't do any sports... Guess it takes a video game to get them moving again. Sign of the times. ;)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Hey, I may have been pasty, but I wasn't fat... and us types avoid those games, anyway (like when nintendo had that pad that you could play track and field on...)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend

Post by Sevothtarte »

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you or anybody else here, I was more thinking of the cliche computer-kid. :(

I think I remember that Nintendo pad, but not fondly...
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Sevothtarte wrote:Sorry, it wasn't directed at you or anybody else here, I was more thinking of the cliche computer-kid. :(
<-----
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Heh, wasn't taking it personally. Hell, I probably would've been fat if I didn't have to walk across town, at least 2 miles there and back, to get to my friends' houses.
-George Steiner
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend

Post by Sevothtarte »

Landwaster wrote:<-----
Nah, you can't be a cliche computer kid, cause you know what books are and actually read them. ;)
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Can't fool nobody no more!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”