Song of Susannah :Dark Tower 6> Who has began reading?

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Song of Susannah :Dark Tower 6> Who has began reading?

Post by A Gunslinger »

Anyone out there reading it yet? I'm on page 165.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

Finished! Great setup for the final volume.
Every man is my superior, in that, I may learn from him.
FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

I've read quite a bit of Stephen King, mostly in my younger days of highschool, many years ago. I have never picked up this series, and the amount of people raving about it these days, I think that I might have to reconsider and go for it. It'll be the next series after Erikson's. Cheers.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Currently reading it. On about page 80 or so...
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

How have you liked it? I have completed it (last week) and found it to be a great set up for the last book.

ImageImage
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

That's an odd response....

Kind of damning with faint praise, no?

So far I'm enjoying it but I'm only about 140 pages in. The castle on the verge of Discordia is very cool.

P.S. For those of you who read King regularly can it not be said that he has truly fallen in love with the device he calls the "mental construct"? Read Dreamcatcher and you'll see he employs the same technique to depicts one of the main characters mind and memory. It's imaginative but almost seems like a cop-out when overused.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Brinn wrote:That's an odd response....

Kind of damning with faint praise, no?

So far I'm enjoying it but I'm only about 140 pages in. The castle on the verge of Discordia is very cool.

P.S. For those of you who read King regularly can it not be said that he has truly fallen in love with the device he calls the "mental construct"? Read Dreamcatcher and you'll see he employs the same technique to depicts one of the main characters mind and memory. It's imaginative but almost seems like a cop-out when overused.
I didn't mean for my comment to be one of faint praise. I really like this book, both in terms of character devleopment and question answered, generated, and yet to be answered. What of the kid in Insomnia? What of Jack Sawyer? Just who is Cullum going to see/get? What is the death that comes between Roland & Eddie?

I hated Dreamcatcher with a passion. Terrible book...even worse flick. I think maybe king was trying to figure out how to use the "mental construct" there to use it better in SoS.

ImageImage
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Vain will you put this thread in the Library, where it belongs? Please...
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “Stephen King Forum”