Who will survive A Song of Ice and Fire? [spoilers]

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

Khaliban
Watchman, Second Class

Post by Khaliban »

I'm going to go with red herring on that one. He likes to throw those at you.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Yeah, Edric Dayne may say that Wylla is Jon's mother, but if so, why did Eddard react so strongly when Catelyn asked if Ashara Dayne was his mother? :D

The Daynes are the Lords of Starfall in Dorne, and bannermen to House Martell. Arthur Dayne was the Lord Commander of Mad King Aerys Kingsguard. Ashara Dayne (his sister?) was the woman Eddard Stark was in love with before the rebellion.

Eddard killed Arthur at the Tower of Joy (I think) where he and two or three other members of the Kingsguard were guarding his sister Lyanna Stark. After Lyanna died, Eddard took Arthur's sword Dawn back to Ashara at Starfall. After receiving the sword, Ashara leaped out of the tower to her death, possably because Eddard had had to marry Catelyn Tully after his older brother Brandon was killed by the King.

8O

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Do you think that Martin will have to slow down a little in terms of killing people off?

I mean, there really aren't enough important charcters to keep up the current death rate for another three books.

I am guessing that a lull in the carnage must come in A Feast for Crows, or in the book that follows.

Surely.

Sum sui generis
Vs

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

variol son wrote:Do you think that Martin will have to slow down a little in terms of killing people off?

I mean, there really aren't enough important charcters to keep up the current death rate for another three books.
Edit--My bad, I should have spoilered this!I'll do it now...
Spoiler
But there's plenty of people he could kill. There's still quite a few Starks left, even though they all think each other dead--Catelyn could die again, and there's always the chance that we're all wrong about Jon Snow and Dany. There's still Brandon and Rickon, Sansa and Arya. There's Cersei, Jaime, and Tyrion. Stannis has definitely got to go. And really, who's been killed so far (I know I'm going to miss someone here)? Eddard, King Robert, Renly, Robb, Catelyn (once), Tywin...so in three books, we've lost 6 major characters. That leaves us with ten. At this rate, he's got another five books before he kills them all! :twisted: :D
Last edited by Myste on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Myste, if I read Variol Son's post correctly in the thread "Finally," you just gave away something he had not read yet.

Ah, well, I guess that's the risk one takes when reading these author specific forums.
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

LOL, don't worry Roland. I know who dies in Blood and Gold. I'm just waiting for Tywin and Shae to meet the ends that they deserve.

:twisted:

Sum sui generis
Vs

Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

EEK! :oops: I'm sorry VS! I'll spoilerize it! You can spoil anything you want for me now--absolutely free! ;)
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Worry not, fair maiden, all is forgiven. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs

Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

You are most kind, good Sir Knight! <curtseys deeply> :D
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I personally think that Tyrion, Jaime and Danny will survive until the end.

Firstly Tyrion because again and again, Martin has said that this is his favourite character... and I can't honestly see Tyrion being given a good action packed death - being as he's a dwarf. So'd that be an anticlimax.

Jaime... ah, poor Jaime. I think he'll live until the end because he's already suffered so much - and I just don't see him dying. Or if he does die, I think he'll live until at least the end. He has massive potential as a character.

Danny - our beautiful queen. 8) I think she'll live until the end... she has to live long enough to conquer the Iron Throne... and I think it'd be pretty weak if she got the throne and was killed a few days after.

Possible ones that will live until the end, but not as likely as the ones above:

Jon, Sansa, Bran, and Arya.

I can certainly see Jon dying- in the last book... Sansa won't die - if she does, until the last book. She grew a lot in AFFC, and has a lot of growing still to do... as does both Bran and Arya. :)
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I'm still keen on seeing Tyrion and Arya surviving. Jon not as much; I mean, there just seems so many factors piling up on him; the Others, Stannis, betrayers in his inner circle, people at King's Landing who have no understanding/sympathy of his being Lord Commander.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

My money would be on Arya making it until the last book (though perhaps not to the end of the last book). :wink: She is reportedly the favorite character of Martin's lady, and he has reportedly been told he cannot kill off that particular character. :wink: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”