Thief Deadly Shadows

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Loredoctor
Lord

Thief Deadly Shadows

Post by Loredoctor »

I just bought this for the PC. I am a huge fan of the Thief series (played Thief 4 times), and have to say TDS is a great addition to the games. It's fantastic. There is a city you are free to wander around, and break into homes as you please. You have to seel and buy stuff at stores, and walk to missions, avoiding the guards along the way. The graphics are amazing, simply amazing. However, there is an AI bug that has ruined the Xbox version. The pc version can be patched.
Anyone played it?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I haven't had the pleasure of playing Deadly Shadows, but I love Thief. It is one of my favorite games of any sort. I confess that I played only the demo for Metal Age so I am sure I'm missing out on some great game play. I've read about DS and I can't wait to give it a go. :D
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

TOM C wrote:I haven't had the pleasure of playing Deadly Shadows, but I love Thief. It is one of my favorite games of any sort. I confess that I played only the demo for Metal Age so I am sure I'm missing out on some great game play. I've read about DS and I can't wait to give it a go. :D
The Metal Age was fantastic. The levels were absolutely massive, Tom. One level took me four hours to complete (the Bank).
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Lord Callindrill
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Callindrill »

The Thief series is spectacular. It's arguably the most underrated gaming franchise around. Deadly Shadows is a solid, fun game, but isn't quite up to the standard of its predecessors in level design/scope or sense of immersion. (The one exception being the Cradle Orphanage. Sheesh! Don't play that one alone in at 12:30 am in a dark room. Not since Return to the Cathedral in the original Thief has there been a scarier level).
Spoiler
When I got to the top of the tower stairs in this supposedly empty building and heard the pounding on that door right in front of me I almost jumped out of my skin
Lord C, who prefers stealth kills to "shoot-em-up" any day.
"If we must suffer and die without hope then we will do so, but we will not despair."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I haven't reached the Cradle yet. Everyone is talking about how creepy it is.
Garret remains my all time favourite computer character.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lord Callindrill wrote:The Thief series is spectacular. It's arguably the most underrated gaming franchise around. Deadly Shadows is a solid, fun game, but isn't quite up to the standard of its predecessors in level design/scope or sense of immersion. (The one exception being the Cradle Orphanage. Sheesh! Don't play that one alone in at 12:30 am in a dark room. Not since Return to the Cathedral in the original Thief has there been a scarier level).
Spoiler
When I got to the top of the tower stairs in this supposedly empty building and heard the pounding on that door right in front of me I almost jumped out of my skin
Lord C, who prefers stealth kills to "shoot-em-up" any day.
I actually had to stop playing the Cradle just 30mins ago. It was getting too creepy. I normally aren't freaked out by things, but the Cradle really gets to me.
Lord Callindrill
Stonedownor

Definitely hearing you on this one. You might want to do what I did and finish the level in the middle of the day with someone else in the house. 8O

That has to be some of the best ambient sound in gaming history.
"If we must suffer and die without hope then we will do so, but we will not despair."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

I just bought the metal age yesterday along with 2 other old classics very cheaply. It's great fun running up behind people and clonking them on the head with the blackjack, never gets old...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Metal Age is good.
Lord Callindrill
Stonedownor

Metal Age is loads of fun. The voice of Karras is quite hilarious--not unlike Droopy Dog from the old cartoons. Two levels in MA are particuarly good: "The Bank" and "Life of the Party."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Karras was an original villain. I liked him and thought it was great how he likened himself to the Builder and gave all his machines his voice, yet it was so odd.

Return to “PC & Console Games”