2nd Chron. Loose Ends>Last Chron? (RUNES SPOILER WARNING)

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The Raver you're referring to is samadhi Sheol, and his remains were consumed by N-- the Sandgorgon in WGW - so would he even be around to do what you're suggesting?
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

who knows? Maybe. A bunch can happen in 3500 years where there is no law of death.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Krilly
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Krilly »

Ooo... that would be bad if Sandgorgons were broken and corrupted by Ravers...

Sandgorgon Ravers... *shivers* 8O 8O 8O
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yeah, what if you said "Nom" expecting help, and got none....

I've been wondering whether a croyel would make an appearance in the 3d Chrons myself.

I don't remember Findail's comment about the great fire in the north -- is it in the last book? (Dang, just what I need. Now I'll have to read the series all over again! :D)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The great fire was the need for which Kastenessan was Appointed. The story is in The One Tree, shortly after the Quest leaves Brathairhealm.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

One loose end I would love to see come up sometime in the Last Chrons is that creepy Image thing that the cavewights were calling up near the end of WGW. That scene gave me the chills... :o
Love as thou wilt.

savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

A Gunslinger wrote:who knows? Maybe. A bunch can happen in 3500 years where there is no law of death.
+ 1~! :goodpost:

So much changed between the 1st and 2nd chronicles, it's amazing and magnificent~!
GREEK TRAGEDY

Post by GREEK TRAGEDY »

Spoiler
Hmmm, occurs to me that TC is one of the Dead now, and with the Law of Life broken, perhaps Foul has twisted him, or a raver possessed him.....

I like the sandgorgon raver concept, sends shivers up my spine.

The above post is only speculation, not necessarily a spoiler.... but it certainly could come to pass, if you've read some of SRD's older interviews...... so I spoiler'd it.

-B
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

GREEK TRAGEDY wrote:
Spoiler
Hmmm, occurs to me that TC is one of the Dead now, and with the Law of Life broken, perhaps Foul has twisted him, or a raver possessed him.....

I like the sandgorgon raver concept, sends shivers up my spine.

The above post is only speculation, not necessarily a spoiler.... but it certainly could come to pass, if you've read some of SRD's older interviews...... so I spoiler'd it.

-B
Interesting thoughts; I can't believe I didn't think of that myself~! And the second part: Yeah; it almost makes me want to go back to work on making a roleplaying game again~! :D 8)
Quorlan
Servant of the Land

What I want to know....

Post by Quorlan »

is WHERE are people getting copies of Runes to have already read it? I read the first chronicles at about the time The Power That Preserves was published. Read the second as they were released. Also read the Gap series as it was released. SRD is probably the *best* living author IMHO, but I don't have a clue how one could acquire a copy of Runes this far ahead of the scheduled publish date! How do they do it? Is it legal? If it is leagl, how can I get myself a copy ahead of time? I've been waiting 20 years and don't want to wait any more!

*grins*
Q
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Re: What I want to know....

Post by A Gunslinger »

Quorlan wrote:is WHERE are people getting copies of Runes to have already read it? I read the first chronicles at about the time The Power That Preserves was published. Read the second as they were released. Also read the Gap series as it was released. SRD is probably the *best* living author IMHO, but I don't have a clue how one could acquire a copy of Runes this far ahead of the scheduled publish date! How do they do it? Is it legal? If it is leagl, how can I get myself a copy ahead of time? I've been waiting 20 years and don't want to wait any more!

*grins*
Q
Advance Copies are send prior to any final potential changes to major stores, etc., to create buzz and the like. Unscrupulous a-holes place them same on ebay...viola! spoilers aplenty.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

Quorlan wrote:is WHERE are people getting copies of Runes to have already read it? I read the first chronicles at about the time The Power That Preserves was published. Read the second as they were released. Also read the Gap series as it was released. SRD is probably the *best* living author IMHO, but I don't have a clue how one could acquire a copy of Runes this far ahead of the scheduled publish date! How do they do it? Is it legal? If it is leagl, how can I get myself a copy ahead of time? I've been waiting 20 years and don't want to wait any more!

*grins*
Q
I personally don't have a copy but am just guessing with the person who wrote previously. The publisher sent out a bunch of promotional copies of the book to various bookstores, and some of the bookstores have taken to selling them on e-bay and possibly other places.

I don't think it's worth paying as much as they're attracting at e-bay when it's only got a couple more months until the release date, but some feel it's worth paying to have a more rare copy of the book in the ARC (advanced reading copy) rather than the same copy everyone else will get when it comes out. IMO, it would be pretty cool to read but would just make it that much more of a wait for the second book to come out... unless they have hopes that nearly as many book II ARCs will be sent out and available on e-bay again~! :wink:
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

A Gunslinger wrote: Advance Copies are send prior to any final potential changes to major stores, etc., to create buzz and the like. Unscrupulous a-holes place them same on ebay...viola! spoilers aplenty.
Oh~! Sorry I didn't see your reply before typing my own~! :)
Quorlan
Servant of the Land

Post by Quorlan »

Thanks for the info. After 20 years it's almost worth paying higher prices on eBay but I'm sure I won't. Can't wait for the book, but you make a great point about that making it an even longer wait for the second book to arrive.
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

Quorlan wrote:Thanks for the info. After 20 years it's almost worth paying higher prices on eBay but I'm sure I won't. Can't wait for the book, but you make a great point about that making it an even longer wait for the second book to arrive.
You're welcome. I also understand not wanting to wait, though for me it's a bit easier since I work PT and going to school FT~! :wink:

Hang in there, and I think it's going to be a pretty intense and interesting last chronicle~! 8)
Findail The Appointed
Servant of the Land

Post by Findail The Appointed »

Quorlan wrote:Thanks for the info. After 20 years it's almost worth paying higher prices on eBay .

Worth every damn penny :)

Just finished about 5 minutes ago. Can't wait to read it again...
"Let those who sail the Sea bow down;
Let those who walk bow low:
For there is neither peace nor dream
Where the Appointed go.
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

Findail The Appointed wrote:
Quorlan wrote:Thanks for the info. After 20 years it's almost worth paying higher prices on eBay .

Worth every damn penny :)

Just finished about 5 minutes ago. Can't wait to read it again...
I saw one with a "buy it now" price of $49 on ebay 2 or 3 days ago, and that went FAST~! 8O
Findail The Appointed
Servant of the Land

Post by Findail The Appointed »

Damn, this story has sunk it's eerie tendrils
into my psyche much sooner than I expected.
Can't stop thinking about it. I didn't wait more
than an hour before I picked it back up.
You guys & gals shall not be dis-appointed
(get it..? appointed?? ;) HA, I kill me...)

But seriously folks... Good stuff.
"Let those who sail the Sea bow down;
Let those who walk bow low:
For there is neither peace nor dream
Where the Appointed go.
savant
Stonedownor

Post by savant »

Findail The Appointed wrote:Damn, this story has sunk it's eerie tendrils
into my psyche much sooner than I expected.
Can't stop thinking about it. I didn't wait more
than an hour before I picked it back up.
You guys & gals shall not be dis-appointed
(get it..? appointed?? ;) HA, I kill me...)

But seriously folks... Good stuff.
Thanks for the info~! In a way, it's a good thing I just started classes again today, but then when the book hits the stands it's likely going to be pretty tough not cracking it open instead of concentrating on my homework and tests~! :x 8)

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”