Stephen R. Donaldson trivia quizzes

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Stephen R. Donaldson trivia quizzes

Post by duchess of malfi »

There is a general TCTC quiz at this website:
35.10.40.62/wotmania/otherfantasyquiz.asp?id=177
From there you can go on and do several more quizzes dealing with Donaldson (Mordant's Need, etc.) :)

And yes, Danlo, they have a whole section on George R.R. Martin. :)
And, yes, Lord Mhoram, a whole section on Narnia. :)
And a whole section on Tad Williams just for Earthblood. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Yay! :)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

very cool quizzes duchess??

the general quiz particularly was very easy .. the others were more interesting .. but also not that difficult .. I think we should start our own here ..

way cool .. I did all the Donaldson ones apart from the Daughter of Regals .. that was too long ago for me ..

We could make a GAp quizz .. that could be very tricky .. as SRD gives so much information in his Ancillary documentation .. I tended to skip over a lot of that stuff .. ::evil!? yep::
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by Sevothtarte »

Hmm, that last question... DID Nom permanently imprison the Raver in her body? That's not how I understood it...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I got that question right--but like u, Sev it did make me raise an eyebrow! Out of all the TC related quizzes I got a total of 8 wrong, I fell apart on DofRs getting only 6/10. Jay will b glad 2 kno I went 10/10 on MN!!! Went 8/10 on Daredevil! Missed the question that about Kingpin--but that question was worded wrong because Kingpin did go blind, but very recently. Took 3 Martin quizzes and went 8/10 and all 3, but missed 2 on Clash of Kings because I'm only on page 750!!!
fall far and well Pilots!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

"It says that it has rent the Raver. It does not say slain. The word is 'to rend.' The Raver has been rent. And the shreds of its being Nom has consumed." With an effort, Cail smoothed the frown from his forehead. "Thus has the Sandgorgon gained the capacity for such speech."
I wasn't too happy with the way the quiz worded it either. These quizzes are submitted by whoever wants to submit one. A <I>Trek</I> quiz says that Kirk's hero is MLK. I don't remember MLK <I>ever</I> being mentioned in the series, although I may be forgetting a brief bit of conversation somewhere. There was, however, an episode, <I>The Savage Curtain</I>, where Abe Lincoln was recreated because he was Kirk's hero.

So yeah, I think it's a good idea to run quizzes past others before submitting.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I agree with you guys, I think we can do better! :D What I would also love to see, if anyone has the computer skills, is one of those "Which character are you?" thingees, where you answer the questions and it tells you which character you are the most like. :D That would be fun! :D
Love as thou wilt.

Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by Sevothtarte »

You don`t need somebody with computer skills. Just visit www.selectsmart.com , choose "FIND Make your own selector" and go ahead. :)

As for the Trivia quizzes... why not let's take turns creating a TCTC quiz every week or month? We could just post the questions, we don't actually need a script which counts the correct answers - since we're all perfectly honest. ;)
danlo
Lord

Hey!! my Neverness Quiz just popped up there!!!Yea!!!

Post by danlo »

35.10.40.62/wotmania/otherfantasyquiz.asp?ID=421
Think you know anything about the Neverness series by David Zindell? Think again!
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Well, I checked out that www.selectsmart.com and did a search. They have nothing there for Donaldson. I looked at the page on how to make your own selector, but I think it's still beyond my meager skills, though probably most of the people here would have no problem with it! :D I did do one of the Lord of the Rings things, pick out your LOTR Loverboy, and it came up as Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. 8O I am now completely freaked out! How did that little kid even get in there????? 8O
Love as thou wilt.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I tried a couple of the LOTR selectors. I am, apparently, most like to Merry. I would prefer to live in Minas Tirith, but I prefer Barad Dur to Rivendell. :lol:
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend

Post by Sevothtarte »

duchess of malfi wrote:I did do one of the Lord of the Rings things, pick out your LOTR Loverboy, and it came up as Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. 8O I am now completely freaked out! How did that little kid even get in there????? 8O
Well... er... if it's true love, it doesn't matter if he's acutally in the series, doesn't it? ;)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

actually there were a couple of things that were inaccurate with the above linked quizzes .. and the spelling was off too .. and to someone like me that means something :wink: :P :oops:

but lets not speculate now what it could mean .. but even I was appalled at the mispelling of someones name .. who I now cant recall who .. but thats not the point .. the point was it was mispelt!!

anyhoo .. LOL .. that is funny .. -> Ron Weasley in LotR's .. geesh .. some of these quizzes need closer attention by their creators!!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

duchess of malfi wrote:I agree with you guys, I think we can do better! :D What I would also love to see, if anyone has the computer skills, is one of those "Which character are you?" thingees, where you answer the questions and it tells you which character you are the most like. :D That would be fun! :D
Very do-able. I think the only difficulty is in aligning the logic - and of course my thought pattern is as clear as mud again ;)
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

[bump]

I think this is a fun idea. Let's create questions and logic for a TC trivia game or TC board game. If it does well, someone with better art skills than I can try to cobble together a prototype. :)

Anyone game?

DW
[Weird, warped, and wanting to play!]
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Incorrect
3. What was the name of the Ranyhyn that chose Lord Mhoram, and was the foal of Mhoram's father's Ranyhyn?
Your Answer: Drinny
Correct Answer: Hynaril

???? Am I wrong on this?
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

All I know for sure is Morham rode Drinny in tPtP. I remember references to Hynaril though.

- B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

i to got that wrong and i am also very confused
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

Soon Mhoram was mounted on his Ranyhyn, Drinny son of Hynaril, and riding on toward Cravenhaw.
- The Illearth War
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

In [i]Lord Foul's Bane[/i], SRD wrote:Happily, Foamfollower said, "Lord Mhoram son of Variol was this day chosen by Hynaril of the Ranyhyn, who also bore Tamarantha Variol-mate. Behold! She is remembered with honor among the great horses. The Ramen say that no Ranyhyn has ever before borne two riders. Truly, an age of wonders has come to the Plains of Ra."
Without the Quest, our lives will be wasted.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”