The Ice Cream Appreciation Thread

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

The Ice Cream Appreciation Thread

Post by duchess of malfi »

Today I visited a little slice of heaven on earth called Cold Stone Creamery. :) They make ice cream there from fresh ingredients daily. You pick your base flavor (anything from fresh cream to mint to cinnamon, and many others) then they mix in whatever extras (chocolate bar chunks, gummi bears, graham cracker chunks, etc.) you want and serve it up to you in a big bowl. I had white chocolate ice cream with Oreo cookies and chocolate chips mixed in. :) Fisty and Danlo would love it there. :) :) :)

So what sort of ice cream do you like? Where do you like to eat your ice cream? What sorts of toppings do you like? 8)
Last edited by duchess of malfi on Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love as thou wilt.

Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

That sounds darn fabulous to me. One of my favourites is bread icecream, sound absurd, but it has a really nice texture.Otherwise it has to be Irn Bru flavour.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Korik Bloodguard
Servant of the Land

Post by Korik Bloodguard »

Haven't eaten ice cream in ages. My tastes weren't very diverse; a double dip of chocolate in a waffle cone did it for me!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

oooooooooooooooooooo

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*hyperventilating*

ice cream is real good
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I prefer sherbets. Baskin & Robbins used to make a green, rum-based sherbet -- can't remember the name -- that we would buy by the gallon. It never lasted long. :D
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I know exactly which flavor you mean. It was called Daquiri. I constantly craved it during my first pregnancy, along with broccoli, bleu cheese, and fresh cherries. :lol: :lol: :lol: And, and fresh blueberries, can't forget those. 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Daqueri Ice! That's the one! :D I wonder if I could get a ride so it wouldn't melt on the way home, if they would still have it...
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I've heard from a friend of Cold Stone Creamery, and from what she told me it's all that you say it is, duchess! 8)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Dragonlily wrote:I prefer sherbets. Baskin & Robbins used to make a green, rum-based sherbet -- can't remember the name -- that we would buy by the gallon. It never lasted long. :D
Sherbert?! :? Sherbert is that powder you get in little packets, with a stick to dip in it :?

Anyway...ice cream is good. I think my favourite one is mint choc chip, though a good vanilla is hard to beat.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Ice cream...one of the supreme achievements of humankind! I've never had the custom-made kind, though. Really can't imagine any flavor I wouldn't like...
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

We have a really old antique ice cream maker. Today for my parent's labor day party at our cabin we're going to make some *drool* it's so good out of that thing!

Pie and Cake
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

CovenantJr wrote:Sherbert?! :? Sherbert is that powder you get in little packets, with a stick to dip in it :?
I think she's referring to a sorbet, which is also known as sherbet.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I make my own icecream....My faves are Caramel-macadamia ice cream made with snickers bars, chocolate and cinnamon ice cream (of course) and coconut icecream. YUMMMMM

I also make lots of sorbets for the summertime over here... we need a drooling emote :roll:
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Best ice cream in the world is Baskin Robins Jamoca Almond Fudge as a turtle (hot fudge, carmel, and whipped cream) sundae!

Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!!! :D :D :D *sigh*
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Murrin wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:Sherbert?! :? Sherbert is that powder you get in little packets, with a stick to dip in it :?
I think she's referring to a sorbet, which is also known as sherbet.
That's new to me :? Makes a little more sense of that post...
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Murrin is correct. Must be one of those places where English and American are different languages.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I used to live near a supermarket that sold a delicious lemon sorbet *drool*
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Took the kids out for the first ice cream cones of the spring today. Went to Stone Cold Creamery. 8) This time I had mint ice cream mixed with M&M's and chunks of Kit Kat candy bars. Bliss!!!!! :D
Love as thou wilt.

lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Goodness Gracious

Post by lurch »

..Hometown had a dairy farm outlet. Upstream Farms, you know, where you brought back the empty milk jugs and exchanged them for full ones and watch the milk being pumped rite from the udder. They made ice cream. My favorite was their black berry and the close runner up being cherry.

The Blackberry was a deep purple color with small bits of the berry spred thru-out. And creeeeeeeaaammy! That wa sthe best.

Well, the Fed's came in and insisted on certain " improvements" and the family owners decided they didn't want the hassle. Today, all of the farm is a housing devlopment with a commercial portion which , i believe, includes a Baskin and Robbins.

Today I am content with a Hires rootbeer float, of course with vanilla ice cream. yet, when the Ice Cream Urge breaks free, Breyers tames all. Coffee, French Vanilla, Vanilla Fuge, it don't matter......MEL
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

root beer floats!!!!!!!!!!!! Image
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “The Galley”