WGW Ch 9, March To Crisis

TWL, TOT, WGW

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

Dragonlily
Lord

WGW Ch 9, March To Crisis

Post by Dragonlily »

Quite by accident, I chose a crucial turning-point chapter. The turning points are not the attack on Revelstone, they are the decisions Covenant makes in planning his attack.

Things have changed for the Quest, now that Sunder and Hollian have joined them. Their unquestioning trust in Covenant places him firmly in command again; and Sunder’s ability to use the krill of Loric and his piece of orcrest to clear their path through the hazards of the Sunbane will allow them to travel more quickly. The catch is that any use of power will be perceptible to the Clave. Covenant decides Gibbon-raver must already be aware of them, and opts for speed.

During their travel through the Sun of Rain, pairs of Haruchai begin to join them. In spite of what Sunder has told them about the Clave taking control of the Haruchai who went too close to Revelstone, Covenant accepts them without question.

Around the campfire, after a day of traveling within Sunder’s shelter through the flooding rain, Covenant asks Hollian what Sun the next day will bring. Hollian’s wand tells them it will be a fertile sun. The horrors of the Fertile Sun were described by SRD in Chapter 7 this way:
...Everything the sun touched grew so rapidly that it seemed animate – a form of helpless flesh tortured mercilessly toward the sky.
and
every added degree of the sun’s arc made each frond and leaf and stem yearn more desperately upward, as frantic as the damned.
Yet, here in contrast is Hollian’s magic:
And flame grew like a plant from the wood. Delicate shoots waved into the air; buds of filligree fire bloomed; leaves curled and opened. Without harming her or the wood, flame spread around her like a growth of mystery.

It was as green and tangy as springtime and new apples.
I love the way the purity that SRD gives to the eh-Brand’s power, and the clear glow of Sunder’s krill, remind us of what the Land can become again in their hands.

They are drawing near Revelstone. The Banefire is visible, lancing toward the sun, and pairs of unnamed Haruchai continue to join the questors. Remembering that Bannor has told him to “Redeem my people,” Covenant continues to accept them:
He saluted them strictly; but their presence only made him more afraid. He did not know how to defend them from Gibbon.

Suddenly Sunder collapses. Black light burns in the krill. When Covenant grasps the krill to fight Gibbon back,
Midnight conflagration as hungry as hate burst among the company, tore through the trees. A rage of darkness raved out of him as if at last the venom had triumphed, had become the whole truth of his power.

For an instant, he quailed. Then Linden’s wild cry reached him.

Savage with extremity, he ripped his fire out of the air, flung it down like a tapestry from the walls of his mind..
Covenant has regained supremacy over his own power. The battle to take back the krill from Gibbon is won, but it is only a distraction. Covenant’s fears are realized when all the Haruchai suddenly attack the company, puppets on Gibbon’s strings. With Linden’s help, Cail is the one who discovers how to throw off Gibbon’s control, teaching the others and winning back the respect he has lost among his people.

Everyone is left terrified of the black venom that took over Covenant’s ring. But the measure of Sunder and Hollian’s new lives is their trust in Covenant, and the First declares she will trust Covenant Giantfriend or nothing. Covenant is the only one who continues to fear himself.

The party camps down the hill from Revelstone. To Linden, Sunder, and Hollian, Revelstone is the place where they were once imprisoned and their minds assailed by evil. To the giants, Revelstone is the wonderwork of their lost brethren, speaking to them beyond words. To Covenant, Revelstone is the loved home of the old Lords, which he must destroy, if necessary, to end the Clave and the Banefire.
He intended to tear that place down if necessary to root out the Clave – and the bare thought that he might be forced to damage Revelstone made him savage.
We have a loose end here, as the company prepares to attack Revelstone. Vain has disappeared. The mystery of Vain is dismissed with a shrug, in this chapter, because Linden’s analysis simply comes down to the speculation that those who control the Banefire could possibly destroy Vain.

They return to discussing the attack. Basically, the plan consists of Covenant challenging Gibbon. And if Gibbon won’t come out? What can possibly be done?
As though he was choking, he rasped out, ”I’ll think of something.” Then he fled the camp, went blundering through the brush until he reached its verge on the foothills.
He spent the night staring up at the city as if it were the last barrier between his hot grief and Lord Foul’s triumph.
The next morning Covenant goes up the hill to Revelstone.
All the anger had gone out of him during the night; and he ascended toward the gaping mouth of Revelstone like a husk for burning.
So here we are, the readers, in despair. Covenant will have to use his wild magic, which has been taking on more and more of evil. He will have to attack Revelstone with it, because why on earth should Gibbon-raver come out to meet his challenge?

I love this section, it is so dramatic. The Rider who comes out in Gibbon’s place is a trap.
Great yellow wasps, as big as Covenant’s thumb.

When the light touched them, they began to snarl.

For one hideous moment, they writhed where they were; ... Then the swarm launched itself at Covenant.

In that instant, the world went black. Venom crashed against his heart like the blow of a sledgehammer.

Black fire; black poison; black ruin. The flame raging from his ring should have been as pure and argent as the metal from which it sprang, but it was not, was not. It was an abyss that yawned around him, a gulf striding through the air and the ground and the Keep to consume them, swallow the world and leave no trace. ... Swiftly it became as huge as the hillside, hungry for ruin.
But Covenant knows:
If he let his conflagration swell, they would all die, she and the others he loved and the Land he treasured, all of them ripped out of life and meaning by blackness.
Abruptly his vision cleared – and he had not been stung. Thousands of small, charred bodies still smoked on the bare ground...

The Rider remained standing with his mouth open and his eyes white, miraculously unscathed and astonished.
Covenant has done it! He has reined in his power with his own will. Now he can use his ring!
To the Rider he said, “Tell Gibbon he had his chance.” His voice held neither doubt nor mercy. “Now I’m coming in after him.”
Now it’s time for Covenant to fulfill his promise. With almost the heart-stopping impact of the first time he used this weapon, he calls up the power that will tear Revelstone open for him.
“Nom.”
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

:) :) :) :) :) NOM!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

What a great moment. 8) :D

Great job, Joy. 8) :D
Love as thou wilt.

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Wonderful, Joy!

I've always enjoyed the scenes were Covenant prepares to "break bad" on someone - at the end of the Soothtell in TWL, riding the power of wild magic up the stairs of Kemper's Pitch in TOT, and here:
To the Rider he said, “Tell Gibbon he had his chance.” His voice held neither doubt nor mercy. “Now I’m coming in after him.”
Envenomed black wild magic or not - I want him to stomp the crap out of the Clave. They deserve everything that's about to come to them.
kastenessen
Giantfriend

Post by kastenessen »

Great dissection Joy! :D And what a chapter, Gibbon-Raver trying to take over the Haruchai, Giants seeing Revelstone for the first time, TC in command of his powers using black fire, and the second calling of Nom! WOW!

Good comparison there Joy, between Hollian's magic and the description of the Sunbane.

Joy wrote:
I love the way the purity that SRD gives to the eh-Brand's power, and the clear glow of Sunder's krill, remind us of what the Land can become again in their hands.
Yes, solemn and peaceful, "...flame spread around her like a growth of mystery."

And the Giants, ah, the Giants:
"No words.There are none. Your scant human tongue is void-" Tears spread through the creases of his face, mapping his emotion.
But the First said for him, "All tongues, Giantfriend. All tongues lack such language. There is that in the granite glory of the world's heart which may not be uttered with words. All other expression must be dumb when the pure stone speaks. And here such speach has been made manifest-Ah, my heart!" Her voice rose as if she wanted to both sing and keen. But for her also no words were adequate. Softly, she concluded, "The Giants of the Land were taught much by their loss of Home. I am humbled before them."
:D :D :D

kastenessen
Expansion is meaningless without restriction; restriction is useless without expansion. But put them together and you get, well, a balloon.-SRD
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cail is redeemed in this chapter in the eyes of his people. Remember that in the last chapter it was agreed that he was unworthy. But here it is.. a chapter later and the Haruchai are again taken over by Gibbon... All of them but Cail. Cail is able to break them free in the same way that they were broken free of the merewives seduction. After the battle is over Cail says
"It is agree that such unworth as mine has its uses. Whatever restitution you command we will undertake. But we will not again fall from ourselves in this way."
If this wasnt the Haruchai I would almost call that first sentence sarchasm or a verbal shot at the other Haruchai for calling him unworthy.

And Sunder finally gets to strike a blow against the Clave. The send six Riders against them and Sunder uses the Krill to send countervailing instructions to the Coursers. They get confused and run in all directions, attack each other and the Riders.

The graveler was panting heavily. "Gibbon does not put forth his full strength. I am not the equal to six riders". Yet there was grim pride in his tone. At last he had struck an effective blow against the Clave
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I'd like to pose a poser.

What does the blackening of the wild magic truly signify?

This is much more complicated than it first appears.

The simplest theory is that the venom is getting stronger. And that Covenant is now racing against the clock to save the Land before he succumbs to the venom.

But when did the venom get that power? It is a moral poison, making Covenant apt to power as well as increasing his desire for it. Now it's going far beyond that. It's not merely doing what it has done all along, but more so - it is doing something entirely different.

Is it changing wild magic itself? I have to say, no. Wild magic is unassailable, or else the last six books were needless.

I think it's fairer to say that Covenant's expression of power is being changed. It's no longer pure; it's succombing to darkness. Or maybe Covenant is displaying a new power now - something other than wild magic.

But now consider Covenant's confrontation with the bees. For the first time, he's thwarted the raver's attack on his own, displaying awe-inspiring control of the wild magic. Whatever it is that is changing in Covenant, it is making this possible as well. Life and Death, intimately interwoven ...

Then back up and consider the apparent source of the blackness. It was not explicitely evident until Covenant grasped the endangered krill. Reading this, it appears that the blackness lept from the krill straight into Covenant! Remember, too, that Gibbon is also a raver: was this another attack on Covenant after all - in order to strengthen the venom within?

Consider these lines, which occur before this indicent with the krill.
"His brain had gone black with venom. Come and get me!"
"Fire flashed in his mind, alternately white and black."
"They had all become one virulent vision, and in it his fire was as black as venom."

All of these hint at the corruption of the wild magic to come. Why would this be? Is the venom strengthening on its own?

So I am left with a lot of puzzle pieces that don't quite fit with each other. Here is the best theory I can make:

By defending the krill, Covenant opens himself to a new form of attack, which strengthens the venom within him. The venom is now power itself, capable of being weilded by Covenant's passion just as the wild magic is. And, in his poisoned passion, Covenant is now articulating both of them, equally, without distinction. "It is force nonetheless, fire capable of riving the heavens".

A good question would be: if Linden grasped the wild magic now, would it be white?

Discuss, anyone?
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Thanks for another elegant, perceptive dissection as always, Joy. 8)

The distinction between the 'good' magic of Hollian and the 'ill' power of the Sunbane reminds me of another scene-- at the Colossus of the Fall, in TPTP: Covenant is helpless as Ravers Herem and Jehannum advance toward him at dead Elena's orders. Covenant then cries: "Forestal! Help me!"
At once, the clenched crown of the Colossus burst into flame. For an instant while Herem and Jehannum yowled, the monolith blazed with verdant fire--a conflagration the color of leaves and grass flourishing, green that had nothing in common with Lord Foul's emerald Illearth Stone. Raw, fertile aromas crackled in the air like violent spring.
'good' green -- Forestal
''evil' green -- Illearth Stone

Interesting how there is a moral difference to the same color, depending on the source. Part of the wonderful mystery of Earthpower. Er, anyway...

The way Hollian's magic is described makes it kind of an echo of the Forestal's aromatic, nourishing green--nothing to do with the tortured green of plants growing frantically, even though her power taps into the Sunbane.

I picture Hollian's lianar wand as a descendant of lomillialor, the High Wood. Diminished, but still potent. A lineage to the ancient days of wood-lore, an organic, beneficent magic.

In contrast is the cold metal of the Clave's rukhs, formed to wield ruthless, autocratic power.

The second time Covenant utters "Nom" is another great goosebump moment in the Chronicles. Ever wonder what Nom was doing when Covenant called him? Yes, it's irrelevant, but it still tickles me. I can see Nom instantly dropping whatever he was doing and speeding off in a puff, Road Runner-style. What, that ring-wielding crazy guy again? That's it, no more house calls after this!
Wayfriend wrote:consider the apparent source of the blackness. It was not explicitely evident until Covenant grasped the endangered krill. Reading this, it appears that the blackness lept from the krill straight into Covenant! Remember, too, that Gibbon is also a raver: was this another attack on Covenant after all - in order to strengthen the venom within?
Now that is something to ponder. So Gibbon's power actually reached out of the krill to infect Covenant? :o Never thought of that...
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Matrixman wrote:I picture Hollian's lianar wand as a descendant of lomillialor, the High Wood. Diminished, but still potent. A lineage to the ancient days of wood-lore, an organic, beneficent magic.
I think of it exactly the same, MM.

And thanks, all of you :mrgreen:
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

Matrixman said:
The second time Covenant utters "Nom" is another great goosebump moment in the Chronicles. Ever wonder what Nom was doing when Covenant called him? Yes, it's irrelevant, but it still tickles me. I can see Nom instantly dropping whatever he was doing and speeding off in a puff, Road Runner-style. What, that ring-wielding crazy guy again? That's it, no more house calls after this!
:LOLS:

I too wondered about the blackness in the Krill's gem.
At first I thought that it was a sign that the Clave was growing more
powerful and tried to tap into the energy that it harnessed.
Kind of in the way that Covenant's shoes betrayed him in LFB.
Now I'm not so sure...

Great Dissection Dragonlily! :D
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Matrixman wrote:The second time Covenant utters "Nom" is another great goosebump moment in the Chronicles. Ever wonder what Nom was doing when Covenant called him?
"Nom."

[Somewhere in the sands of the Great Desert]
<flush!> <slam!> <running feet...>
malinda_maloney
Stonedownor

Post by malinda_maloney »

Great dissection.

Ah Nom. For some terribly odd reason, I really like Nom. I don't know why, but I do.

When Covenant spoke his name, I found myself with this sly smile on my face. And then I get this odd picture in my head of the Tazmanian Devil running across the desert, stopping at Covenant's side, and then Covenant petting him while saying, "Good boy. I've trained you well."

The black fire. That is a good question. To me, it almost seems like it shows both sides in the story, as most of the Chronicles do. I mean, Findail and Vain, the power Covenant has and his self-doubt, etc, etc.

I almost wonder if Covenant had the capacity in him to always wield this fire. Let's look at what happened up until then.
1. Most obviously, he touched the krill and indirectly, Gibbon.
2. He is steadily gaining more power.
3. The tension between Linden and him seems to be growing.
4. Sunder and Hollian.
5. Returning to the Sunbane.
6. Everyone in the company showing that there is no way they would abandon him, and giving complete trust to him, even with the terrible capacity of power he possesses. He himself is the only one who does not trust himself, and his self-doubt seems to be stronger than ever.
7. Watching the pain that Hamako, the Waynhim, Mistweave (especially him), and Grimmand are in.

So through all that, I think that maybe the tension and almost hate for himself had been growing the whole time, and that that touch with Gibbon triggered the black flame to take hold, and the venom to actually effect the flame. It's almost like he's wielding the flame for the wrong reason, and in that way, corrupting it.

I still like Nom.

And the Haruchai finding Cail unworthy really bugged me the chapter before. Go Cail! Way to redeam yourself!

Hollian's fire also was very beautiful. It shows almost how some things may look beautiful, but really aren't. Like about the Illearth stone; I always imagined it to be the most gorgeous emerald that could possibly be imagined, and yet it has this terrible power that corrupts any beauty it might have once held.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

malinda_maloney wrote:So through all that, I think that maybe the tension and almost hate for himself had been growing the whole time, and that that touch with Gibbon triggered the black flame to take hold, and the venom to actually effect the flame. It's almost like he's wielding the flame for the wrong reason, and in that way, corrupting it.
Ah, so the blackness reflects a change in Covenant's spirit. I like that idea. It fits in with the foreshadowing dreams. And it was triggered by the attack on the krill because the danger to Sunder and Hollian was the straw that broke the camel's back.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Now, I just spent most of this morning trying to find the reference (that I would have placed money on existing) to where the WM begins to turn black *BEFORE* TC touches the Krill.

But I can't find it so ...... I must have been mistaken.
:oops:
I hate when that happens!

The last time TC uses the WM before the Krill incident is battling the arghuleh.
Then, it was pure white.
Later he even cuts his arm that has the fang scars and bleeds red blood!
(another reference that I can't find! Didn't TC's very blood turn partially black later on or an I just going nuts?)

No color black is ever mentioned or hinted at.

Now, when TC grasps the Krill his his wildmagic is black (though it turns to a combo white/black later)

So the Krill is infused with pure WM from the IW all this time.
When High Lord Mhoram was able to draw a gleam of blue from it TC was absent from the Land and so was his WM gone from the Krill.
And in the core of the krills clear gem burned a hard knot of blackness like a canker.
The above almost sounds like (and what I always imagined) Gibbon sent a Grim like power right through the Krill.
How this is possible I have no idea.
That moment was long enough. Before he fell tangled in the
Graveler's arms, Covenant sent one heart-rending blast of wild
magic and risk through the gem of the krill.
His power was as black as the Grim now. But his desire was
pure; and it struck the krill with such suddenness that the gem
was not tainted by it. And from that gem, light rang like a
piece of the clean sun.
And here we see that the Gem of the Krill is by itself pure.
And more than that it has some kind of empathy and can change/purify WM itself!

Ok, I've spent all morning just making myself more confused!!!

Wayfriend it does really sound like Gibbon caused a major change in TC and the Wild Magic. when TC grasped the Krill.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Now, I just spent most of this morning trying to find the reference (that I would have placed money on existing) to where the WM begins to turn black *BEFORE* TC touches the Krill.
Prior to this, Covenant has had feelings described as black, and several dreams (or visions) where the wild magic is blackened.
Bastards! he panted at the arghuleh. They were all around
him, but he could barely see them. His brain had gone black
with venom. Come and get me!
Covenant grabbed a shuddering breath and twisted out of
the First's hands. Fire flashed in his mind, alternately white
and black. Flames spread up his right forearm as if his flesh
were tinder. He gathered a shout that would stop the Haru-
chai, stun them where they stood.
Two more days, he thought. One until that Raver can reach
us. Unless he decides to try his Grim again. The ill that you
deem most terrible. That night, nightmares stretched him
until he believed he would surely snap. They had all become
one virulent vision, and in it his fire was as black as venom.
So, when this scene happens, the result is that you feel like this has happened before, or that we've been leading up to it. It's familiar already, although we may not be able to immediately bring to mind how this is so.
High Lord Tolkien wrote:So Gibbon's power actually reached out of the krill to infect Covenant? Never thought of that...
Yes, I believe so. But I also believe that there are two forces at work: the venom, and the Raver. The venom had been worsening; Covenant's spirit had been faltering, bleckening with self-hate. Gibbon fed the venom, triggered a new stage in it's progression. This new stage was already in the works (hence the visions) and may have occurred on it's own in time; Gibbon merely encouraged it to happen sooner.

It may be that Covenant's act to rescue Sunder was all that was needed; he was at the edge already. But Ravers have been used throughout the Second Chronicles to trigger the venom, increase it. The possibility cannot be ignored here. Conversely, perhaps all the Ravers ever did was create a need or excuse for using power which was all that was needed to feed the venom.
Dirty Whirl
Woodhelvennin

Post by Dirty Whirl »

I think that in this scene the moral poison of the venom has finally corrupted covenant enough that its started to corrupt the wild magic that he weilds. This is because its a moral poison, and because thomas covenant 'is the white gold' his 'moral state' affects how he articulates the power.

This isn't the first time that wild magic has changed colour. In LFB covenant's ring glows red and night because of drools hold on the staff. When covenant is under mount thunder he triggers wild magic to break the wall of fire that has the hirebrand. The fire on his arm is described as red.
Also in TPTP in the final battle scene theres a bit where foul turns the ring green with a power from the illearth stone, and then covenant sees an image of descecrating the land with green fire from his ring.

So I dont think that it was the raver that turned his fire black, the venom meant that it was waiting to happen. The excertion of regaining the krill made him use enough power to trigger it.

On a slightly different topic, it seems strange that the gem of the krill has remained pure except when gibbon directly fights for it. Doesn't the krill just echo wild magic, so it should be burning black, reflecting covenant?
Theres some text to support this in TPTP: when elena gets covenants ring a glimmer of green flickers in the gem, and mhoram thinks that the chill of the illearth stone will soon make the krill too cold to touch.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Dirty Whirl wrote:This isn't the first time that wild magic has changed colour.
Oo. Interesting.
Dirty Whirl wrote:In LFB covenant's ring glows red and night because of drools hold on the staff. When covenant is under mount thunder he triggers wild magic to break the wall of fire that has the hirebrand. The fire on his arm is described as red.
Here are the passages:
In [u]Lord Foul's Bane[/u] was wrote:As he passed under the Word, he heard an instant high keening like a whine of resistance. For that instant, a cold red flame burst from his ring.
In [u]Lord Foul's Bane[/u] was wrote:He reached out his left hand, hesitated momentarily, then grasped the High Lord's staff.

Power surged. Bloody fire burst from his ring against the coruscating blue.
Dirty Whirl wrote:Also in TPTP in the final battle scene theres a bit where foul turns the ring green with a power from the illearth stone, and then covenant sees an image of descecrating the land with green fire from his ring.
Found this one, too.
In [u]Lord Foul's Bane[/u] was wrote:[As [Foul] yelled, he threw out a flare of force which struck Covenant's hand, embedded itself deep in the core of his ring. Amid its raging gale, the white gold was altered. Cold ill soaked into the metal, forced itself into the ring until all the argent had been violated by green. Again, Covenant felt himself falling out of the thronehall..[/size]
What to think ... what to think ... I still want to believe that any change is caused by Covenant himself, as a reflection of his inner spirit, rather than any outside force being able to change wild magic.

In the first case, the red can be caused from Covenant's fear of "Drool's hold on him", which he certainly felt profoundly at the time.

In the second case ... ah, but this is only Foul trying to take the ring from Covenant. (The fool!) The wild magic was not altered. The ring is under assault, but unchanged.
Dirty Whirl wrote:So I dont think that it was the raver that turned his fire black, the venom meant that it was waiting to happen. The excertion of regaining the krill made him use enough power to trigger it.
I agree, but only would add that the raver attacked, as they have always attacked, with the goal of making this happen.
Dirty Whirl wrote:Doesn't the krill just echo wild magic, so it should be burning black, reflecting covenant?
Good question. But does the krill JUST echo wild magic?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Didn't it flicker blue with Lord's Fire when Mhoram activated it?
Dirty Whirl
Woodhelvennin

Post by Dirty Whirl »

Yeah it did, because covenant was out of the land. It was probably made by damelon as a tool which could channel any amount of power the lords could summon through it- in lord mhoram's victory mhoram mentions something along those lines. I dont quite know why every time covenant goes to the land it has echos of wild magic, though
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Probably because the wild magic is far more powerful than what was meant to activate it. Covenant did it by mistake, he had no control over the wild magic; it was an outburst. He may inadvertently have unleashed enough power to make the effects permanent.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

IF LInden had taken control it would have been white I think. The venom was in Covenant, not her. I don't remember, come to think of it, when she DID use the WG, any color of any kind mentioned. Maybe because she used in INTERNALLY, like to heal wounds, to get into Covenant's mind, etc., not as an EXTERNAL weapon to blast anyone or anything. Hmm, this brings up a whole new can of worms. Internal power vs. external power. Maybe something to do with being a doctor or being afraid or power, but really wanting it, therefore shunning its use in that way? Anyone?
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW

Return to “2nd Chronicles”