LOST (SEASON TWO SPOILERS)

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

LOST (SEASON TWO SPOILERS)

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

For those that misseed the past two weeks broadcast of the pilot episodes part 1 and 2, CBS will be replaying them tonight at 8pm est, 9pm central, so check it out.

I am a huge fan of this show already, its being written by J.J. Abrams, same guy that writes for Alias, so if you're a fan of that series, you're most likely going to enjoy this one, the characters are interesting the action and plot are fast paced full of surprises and twists, enjoy.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

I agree. The next 2 episodes have been awesome as well. I have no idea where they are going with this show.
Every man is my superior, in that, I may learn from him.
ZefaLefeLaH
Banned

Post by ZefaLefeLaH »

The Trigens will get them.

I'd be really surprised if this isn't a mad-scientist plot. Company X has been experiementing with genetics and made some terrible creatures out of apes n such. Then later in the season or in season 2 they'll experiment on humans.

I watch it. It's interesting. Plus there's some nice "scenery" on the show.
The first ever kitten psychologist
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I haven't missed an episode of LOST yet. Don't know what drew me to the show exactly but after watching the first episode I was hooked. There is certainly something very odd and interesting going on. Time/space displacement? Alternate universe? Mad scientist island?(Zeph) The exploration of the characters so far has been very entertaining and very little of the survivors predicment has been revealed thus far.
I'm watching. :D
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I'm starting to get the impression it's like a Fantasy Island kinda thing where you have to face your biggest challenges. If you face them well, you grow and survive, if you don't you die.

Jack last night with conquering the whole abusive dad and feeling like a loser incapable of leading, Locke being able to do his Survival retreat and looking square in the eye of the "Whatever it is", Charlie will be going through withdrawl symptoms pretty soon since his baggie was looking like it was running pretty low last week, The black having to be a father to son after all these years, and the kid's mother just dying about a week before the plane crash. All of these are major challenges for the characters.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

What is up with the bald guy? Is he omniscient or what? Was he actuallly part of the passenger list or did he just appear after the crash or do we know anything? The Island is certainly odd--and like Tom said it's, like, absolve your darkest issues or die...How did they survive the crash, anyway, if the Scientific guy says it was physically impossible? :?
fall far and well Pilots!
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Lost

Post by taraswizard »

Let's be clear from the outset Ilike this series so far. And except for Daniel Dae Kim, Dominic Monaghan and TERRY o'Quinn I do not know any of the cast, and David Fury is a writer (all good things). But does this strike anyone else as sorta thin continuing plot wise? IOW, after one finds the true nature of their marooned status (alt. universe, secret government island, really extraordinarily weird RL, etc) what can come next? Just my $0.02.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Tara's Wizard, I believe that's the biggest reason that each episode has only encompassed about 1 day, to stretch out that part of the plot as long as possible.

You may actually be familiar with a couple more actors, and just don't recognize them. The Dr., played by Mathew Fox, played the older brother on Party of Five, and Emilie Di Ravin, who is playing the Pregnant girl was Tess in Roswell.

Upcoming Plot point spoiler and upcoming actor spoiler
Spoiler
In Episode 9 (this week's episode was episode 7), Mira Furlan, who played Delenn on Babylon 5, will be playing the "French Woman" from the transmission of 17 years ago.
Last edited by sindatur on Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I wish I hadn't read your spoiler, sindatur. :-) I suspected that the mystery of the distress signal would eventually be revealed but I hadn't expected what your spoiler suggests. I'll be more carefull next time. :D Last night was another very entertaining episode.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Sorry, 'bout that, it is in a spoiler box though :P

I did, however change the word "Minor", to "Upcoming", so it doesn't look quite as harmless.

Personally I thought it was minor, but, I could be wrong.

I didn't get to see last night's episode yet, it's postponed until Saturday due to a game. But, on the lighter side, that means we'll get 2 episodes in 5 days time, rather than 8 days.
Cate
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cate »

They should put LOST on every night, like a soap opera. I love it.
"let the storm of thought spend itself. Presently you will arrive upon a calm sea."......Walter Lanyon
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Wow I came in at episode 3 and just saw the 1st show repeat! I never realized the monsters and sounds were serious! 8O And the polar bear?! This is really weird and I really like it--and others on the island? And Ethan! I still think the bald guy is omnisient-he alway knows when it's going to rain... :?
fall far and well Pilots!
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

my favorite show on tv.
Terry O'Quinn is my favorite.
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Lost is great! :D I wanted to watch it from the start, but was so busy with Frankenstein at the time that I wasn't able to catch it. So over the weekend we fired up the ol' bit torrent and caught up. ( :offtopic: Do you guys have any idea how great it was to spend an entire weekend doing nothing but watching tv and rattling around the house?? Our weekends are usually busy anyway, but with everything that's been going on lately......it was wonderful! :chill: :Z: :D :D ) It's full of intruiging and mysterious goodies.......and invisible monsters! I want more invisible tree stomping giant monsters!! So I think from here on in, we'll be watching every week. I can't wait to see what happens with that thing that happened in the last episode.....
;)

*Just by the by, I'm all excited about January......With Lost resuming on the 5th (I think), and new seasons of Carnivale and Deadwood coming up. It almost takes the sting out of the loss of Angel.

Almost.
:(
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I just got into this series a couple of weeks back when they re-ran the first episode. So far, I'm highly impressed.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cate
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cate »

Hi danDe.
I love this show. Isn't it great!
"let the storm of thought spend itself. Presently you will arrive upon a calm sea."......Walter Lanyon
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

It is! I can't wait for the DVD!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

It's going to be great on DVD. The arc is so deep, you are left wanting more than 1 episode at a time, so with the DVD set, you'll really be able to appreciate the arc.
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

I missed a bunch of the episodes but have been able to put the story together a little bit. I will have to get it on DVD when it comes out. Does anybody know when it is supposed to be out?
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Summer, end of I believe. Season 1 ends in May. Tonight's a new episode, picking up on Claire returning to the camp.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Return to “TV Shows”