A Game of Guesses *Spoiler Warning*

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

A Game of Guesses *Spoiler Warning*

Post by variol son »

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED A STORM OF SWORDS!

A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the few series I know where the author feels comfortable with killing off main characters left right and centre.
Spoiler
Eddard Stark. Robert Baratheon. Renly Baratheon. Robb Stark. Tywin Lannister. Jeor Mormont.
The list goes on.

So, with A Feast for Crows rapidly approaching, who do you think will die next? Who will be the next victim of Martin's bloodstained pen.

So post a list of the five key characters that you think will lose their lives when A Feast for Crows comes out. When it hits the shelves, we can have ourselves a little bit of a competition to see who among us has the foresight to predict Martin's next moves.

Once I get enough interest, I will draft some official rules and dream up some prizes.

Sum sui generis
Vs
Last edited by variol son on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Five deaths?
Spoiler
Am I allowed to cheat and list the Lords and Wildlings burned by Melisandre in a sample chapter of Feast? Heh.
Petyr Baelish. He may seem as though he'd have an important part in the politics of Westeros later on (ie. after Feast, which will probably not see him leave the Vale), but I think that in truth his only importance now is in teaching Sansa to handle political intrigue. After that I feel there is little use for Littlefinger.

The Mountain, Ser Gregor. He's dying of poison, but Tywin wanted him cured - so he could satisy the Dornish by executing him. Cersei still wants him cured - but who could say what for? She may try to get away with keeping his life, but I think he'll still meet his end one way or another.

Maester Aemon Targaryon. He's an old man, and I think he'll go fairly soon.

Roose Bolton. I think his son is getting a little ambitious.

Illyrio. Dany doesn't trust him as much as she did before,
Spoiler
and now he's actually on his way to Meereen. I don't thik she's going to like his company for long.
Make those my official predictions.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Spoiler
Sansa, Dunsen, Sandor, Stannis and Samwell WILL DIE!!!.
Also I think that
Spoiler
Davos is the hero reborn by the sea, Bran will be the prince who was promised, and Arya will turn to the dark side and become a villain, somehow.
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

No Baradakas! I disagree with everything you say!
Spoiler
except Davos and Bran
I wouldn't be sad to see Bolton go...
fall far and well Pilots!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Come on, how hard can five guesses be? :x

I can't make my predictions until I finish Blood and Gold, but I know there are others of you who might have an idea who will be next to meet their doom.

PLAY WITH ME!

:D

Sum sui generis
Vs

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

Okay.

Sam, Jon Snow, Stannis, Ser Edmore Tully, Lord Walder Frey. :D
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Jon Snow the second person to die in A Feast for Crows? That's ambitious! 8O

I need to have a good think now that I have finished A Storm of Swords before I submit my entries.

Hmmmmmm.

Sum sui generis
Vs

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Jon Snow the second person to die in A Feast for Crows? That's ambitious!
What, we're listing these in order?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Well, I was thinking so, but we don't have to.

What do you all think? If no one has put the names n oder then I guess we won't.

Sum sui generis
Vs

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

If I'd tried to put them in order, Baelish would definately come last on my list. Maester Aemon early on, then Gregor, then Lord Bolton, then Illyrio.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Baradakas, Zahir? Are your lists in order, first to last?

Sum sui generis
Vs

Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

GOODNESS NO!!!!! You must be crazy!

Spoiler
Sansa, Dunsen, Sandor, Stannis and Samwell WILL DIE!!!.

Dunsen, Sandor, Sansa, Stannis and Samwell. In that order.
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I must disagree with you there, Barad.
Spoiler
If Samwell is to be killed of in Feast, why bother with his storyline? Why have him go to the Citadel and begin his training if it isn't going to matter in later novels?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Citadel? Training? When does this happen? :?

Sum sui generis
Vs

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

In my posts, Spoiler tags mean Feast spoilers, Vs.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Ah, ok. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs

OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

stannis jaime cercie are all obviously going to die at some point unless their role in the story changes dramaticly. likewise we know at least some of the starks will survive untill book 7 since that book is hesitantly titled "A time for wolves"

beyond that its all speculation really. alot depends on whether you buy into the Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon theory.. which would make jon the prince who was promised.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Less than six months to go before we get our answers.
Considering the rather dramatic change in the focus of these books, obviously some guesses need to be altered.

I gave mine as: Aemon, Gregor, Roose Bolton, Illyrio, and Littlefinger.

Now, Aemon, Roose, and Illyrio might not be in Feast at all, unless Aemon dies in Samwell's first chapter. So I'll change my guesses for Feast to:

Gregor Clegane, Kevan Lannister, Roose Bolton, Lancel Lannister, Petyr Baelish (kept Roose Bolton because I think if it happens they'll be sent word of it to King's Landing, and I still think Ramsey will kill his father. On the other hand, any whole Ramsey/Roose bit would be tied into Theon Greyjoy's story, so might be in Dance with Dragons...).
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

well as to aemon....
Spoiler
he will be in all the sam chapters untill/unless he dies. since he actually is going on the boat *with* sam as they head to oldtown. likewise my personal theory is that they are sneaking mances son aboard with them... that gilly did a switch between her kid and mances
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Spoiler
Oh yeah - it's been so long since I read about the spoiler chapters that I forgot Aemon was going with him, heh. Well, then I think he'll die at the Citadel, rather than before.
Interesting idea about the child.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”