Woooo Hooooooo!! :D :D

That was faaaaaaaaaaaaaast :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

cool 8)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The Amended "Jump Start" Schedule

Contrary to what I told Furls earlier today I am running behind and have to take Jamacia on a walk right now. So can't post chapter 1, Daughter, till two hours from now. Seafoam has finished chapters 2 & 3 and has emailed them to me so I will copy and and paste them on Sat. and Wed. I think he has to move, or something, in anycase he will be comp deprived next week. So this is how it will go:

TWL chapter 1: Today by 6pm MST
chapter 2: Saturday by 6pm MST
chapter 3: Wednesday by 6pm MST

Then we'll be back on the regular schedule--this works out kinda cool as it's kinda hard to discuss all that much about the first chapter alone within a week's period. Yes it's a great start, yes it's great to be back in the Chrons, but aside from some preliminary things we learn about Linden there's not a ton of stuff going on. 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Recieved word from Infelice yesterday that RL is is kicking her butt right now but she should have her chapters up very soon. After that caamora leads-around January 6th or so...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Another WOUNDED LAND EMERGENCY! I've lost the "Read-Lead" for the chapters that should have been done Dec. 17th. Seems real life has consumed Infelice to a major extent--and u know it has to be something fairly serious as she adores these books.

So listen here, and, please, listen carefully-I will consider a read lead for chapter 14-Pursuit as long as u can post it by Jan 4th (please post ur response here or PM me)--caamora will be starting her lead on the 6th. What I'm going to w/chapter 13-Demondim-Spawn is sorta like what we did back in The Illearth War when Dromond and I held a "round table". I am going to speed re-read chapter 13 and make and introductory post (tomorrow Dec, 27th) followed by commentary from birdandbear, then I will respond to that---then off we go.

Please, Foam, Furls, Fist and Faith and others, make ur first posts "responsive commentary" (roundtable discussion) then once the discussion, conversation, commentary, dissection or whatever u want 2 call it, gets going free free to bomb away with quotes. It could be alot of fun! Our 1st "roundtable" turned in2 1 of the best"dissectings" ever... :D
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The "round-table" has began on chapter 13 (please wait 4 birdandbear's initial post) and Dromond has volunteered to post chapt. 14 by Dec 31st! :D
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

OK, I just wanna say this:
The people who take time out of their lives to type a synopsis of a chapter of TCTC are doing it as a labor of love. This is obvious. How can it not be?
The problem from my POV is the fact that it takes a large slice of a persons' day to pour their heart and soul into a reading (In my case 6 hours average) that they would like for the members of this site (you) to acknowledge and comment upon. So be it.If your life is so busy, then don't. Go ahead and rush down to the game section so you can type a town that begins with the letter 'S' because the last one began with 'R'. It's all good. Just expect that to eventually be a 'highlight' of this site.
and expect me to post a lot less often.
:?
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Ditto what Dromond said. :(
"You're afraid of yourself."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

help me rescue the rescuer! Dromond has bailed out Dissecting more than any other Servant of the Land...please help me lift some of load from him--if you can do Revelstone in the Rain please let me know!
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

When do you need Revelstone in Rain by, danlo? Maybe Shadow and I could do it together :D

And Dromond..great big hugggssssss to you!! Try not to get too discouraged, I too, have noticed an influx of craziness on the Watch lately. I think it's just the time of year, and newer members trying to find a way to fit in. I think it will get better tho.

I know I've been extremely busy, and haven't been able to do the posting I want too in Dissecting lately. It is my favorite part of the Watch. I didn't even realize that Caam has posted her chapters until just now. I'm behind!! :?
And I believe in you
I will remember you

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

You have two big chapters coming up! The grand finale!--are you sure you guys can handle it? :? If so it's yours...
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Sure, Shadow thinks it will be a great chance for him to contribute more to the board. And my two aren't until Feb. :D You know how much I love doing this.

So, when do you need it by? :D
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Prob about Jan. 19th or as soon as Dromond posts his chapter. Thank you.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm available to help out as well - I thoroughly enjoyed doing my 2 chapters - my wife remarked that I was never that excited about doing any assignments in school :D

I agree with Dromond, it would be nice to see more traffic in the DTL board - just so long as it's kept on topic.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Thank MM! Good to know we have you and some others in the bullpen fo just such an emergency--You will be given top priority when we get to TOT.
Ok a bunch of nice people have argeeed to sub for Dromond, here are those changes:

Jan. 14th 17 (Blood-Speed): DukkhaWaynhim
Jan. 19th 18 (Revelstone in the Rain) Shadowlurker & Furls Fire
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Thanks DukkaWaynhim, Furls and Shadowlurker.

Just for the record, I wasn't bailing on my chapters, I would have done them regardless, but it is obvious my heart wasn't in it this time- and DTL deserves the best effort anyone can give it. This dissection of TCTC will never be famous, but I believe there will never be a better discussion of this great work anywhere. What we say here will be read by many who've not yet had the fortune of discovering these books. And they will expect the best. :)
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

|G Dromond |G
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

I just posted Chap 19 & it's late. I will post chap 20 tomorrow (Jan 22nd)
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Matrixman has graciously agreed to do chap 20 for me tonite or tomorrow at the latest. Thanks MM!!!!!

Return to “1st Chronicles”