dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

No problem! ;)
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Her eyes

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

I read Runes, then reread the first Chronicles, and am now reading Fatal, before rereading the Second Chronicles.
Probably a mistake, because her two different eyes strike me as familiar.
Wasn't there an Elohim with different colored eyes? But I don't get an Elohim feel from the Mahdoubt.
I am also a Dune fan, and got a Shadout Mapes vibe as well.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Yeah, i wondered at the similarity in names myself, I just KNEW this weird lady was somebody important.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

SRD confirmed the similarity in the names in the GI, some time ago.
skorziks
Servant of the Land

Post by skorziks »

For some reason, the Mahdoubt reminded me of Atarian in some way. Maybe when she was immolated durning the botched Covenant/Troy summoning incident, she was somehow merged with earthpower, or imbodied with a being similar to Amok. "shrug"..I know, that's pretty out there.
"Don't touch me!"
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

KAY1 wrote:I started my re-read of TWL the other day and came across the song Sunder sang regarding A-jeroth and it mentions the 'Master's mate' Diassomer Mininderain (the Master being the Creator) - could this be the Mahdoubt? The song says something about how she fell prey to the Despiser's charms and betrayed the Creator and realised afterwards what she had done.
i considered the master to be the shadow or lord foul who fell upon the king and Diassomer to be the Queen before they separated and berek went to war. i havent found anything else about it that says what diassomer or the master were or any meaning in the claves song. anyone have anything that has been written giving an explanation? maybe Fatal Revenant? i still havent read it. has Stephen R Donaldson ever addressed this? it seems that there is a parallel in a religious book that i am unfamiliar with?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

See this post for a possible explanation.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

The Mahdoubts origin is now a highly grey area.
Spoiler
People want spoilers for the name of "The Insequents".
But the Insequents have been known all along even to the first chronicles. Why do you ask? Well. Let me tell you.
The Theomach has been known to us all along throughout the Chronicles. His name is Kenaustin Aldenol. An Insequent.
But because we have forgot to see the sign on the billboard, we keep it a spoiler.
:P
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

I'm not quite sure what she is, but she's the only character in Runes that I really felt was authentic and well written, unique among all the previous characters...seemed to have her own personality, while Anele also spoke of himself in the third-person, his shpeel sounded like Golum, and his multi-personality felt alot like Esmer, or the other way round.

But Mahdoubt was my fav character from Runes, hands down.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”