Die Hard 4.0

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Haruchai
Giantfriend

Die Hard 4.0

Post by Haruchai »

That's right, a Die Hard 4! I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I was excited when I found out. And the title (very original):
Die Hard: Die Hardest!
Wow! I loved the first Die Hard, Alan Rickman was so cool, and he had the best death scene, heh.
Die Hard 2, I haven't seen all of it, I only watched the first half hour and decided it wasn't worth the watch.
Die Hard 3, almost as good as the first, glad they got back on track after the second. Samuel. L. Jackson was funny in this one.
I hope Die Hard 4 is good. All I know of the story-line is:
McClane and his daughter get involved in a terrorist plot while on a holiday.
So, what do you think?
"I see you keep a bee" - Danny Bhoy

"I'll move on when I'm ready to" - Reservoir Dogs

"Their pheremones fizzled like ice cream and lemonade" - Harvie Krumpet
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I think it'll be rubbish. Die Hard was great, Die Hard 2 was pants, Die Hard With A Vengeance was a Lethal Weapon film that was scuppered because Mel Gibson was tied up with something else (hence Sam Jackson's character). I think Die Hard 4 will be a lame attempt to milk the last drop of cash out of an ailing 80s action franchise.
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

I liked all of the Die hard Movies. I'm glad Bruce Willis is moving back to action films. It's what he does best.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
Haruchai
Giantfriend

Post by Haruchai »

I don't know what to think. I hope it is good, but I don't think it will be. :( But, if I see it expecting nothing, then maybe I'll really enjoy it.
I didn't think Die Hard 3 was bad, I really liked it. The ending wasn't that great though.
"I see you keep a bee" - Danny Bhoy

"I'll move on when I'm ready to" - Reservoir Dogs

"Their pheremones fizzled like ice cream and lemonade" - Harvie Krumpet
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Die Hardest? Are you serious? It sounds like a leslie Neilson flick with that title.....Oh, wait; that will be named "Spy Hardest". I'm sure I'll see both, and be amused, not being one who gennerally goes to the theatre to enact a major life change.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I just remember the first Die Hard for its interesting stunt sequences. Die Hard 2 had even more good stunt work, but the film was so over the top and heavy-handed that it turned me off. Kept away from Die Hard 3. Will likely keep away from Die Hard 4 as well.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Heh, there's definitely going to be special effects:

movies.yahoo.com/feature/livefreeordiehard.html
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I thought Die Hard With a Vengeance was one of the best action films of the '90s, had no idea it was originally to be a Lethal Weapon film.

I'm looking forward to Live Free or Die Hard, just 'cause I love big, dumb action films.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

I want it to be brilliant, and ill go see it. Althought i have my doubts.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

CovenantJr wrote:Die Hard With A Vengeance was a Lethal Weapon film that was scuppered because Mel Gibson was tied up with something else
For the record (because I don't think I made it clear at the time), I enjoyed Vengeance and I consider it far superior to the second film. It just amuses me that it was originally meant to be something else.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I'd go as far as to say that Vengeance was as good (if not better) as the first film.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I've seen the first three Die Hard films repeatedly. Each has something that makes it memorable. I think I enjoyed the first one the best but I'd have to watch them all back to back to be certain. I recently watched the trailer for DH4 and loved it. I'll see it. No question.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I was watching it thinking about how the camera qualioty is WAY better than the previous, though I don't know whether he's a cop or a secret agent, and then Kevin Smith pops up, and it doesn't matter anymore.

It looks great.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

No vest. It's not Die Hard.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

I'm in!
Love Bruce. although I think he is much better than just being an "action guy". The effort he put in the first one set him apart from all other action guys!
(I love that scene in the bathroom when he is pulling out glass from his foot)
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

:lol: that's great. Hilarious song for the great Die Hard series.

And HOLY FU--! the clips from the new one are FREAK'N AMAZING!!!!!!
MUST SEE!!!!

I'm totally geeking out here!!!!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Good stuff.

My favorite line still is, "We're gonna need some more FBI guys".
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

:lol: yah, great line Cail.

it's the next day and I am STILL geeking out about the clips form #4 I saw...

8O :biggrin:
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

www.slate.com/id/2168927/

Can't wait for this.

Return to “Flicks”