What's up with the glossary in Runes?

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

MacNik6
Servant of the Land

What's up with the glossary in Runes?

Post by MacNik6 »

I just don't get it. I know most of the words/names are from the first two chronicles. And I know that most of them were not mentioned in "What Has Gone Before". So, why put them in the Glossary?

Are some of the entries for future books? I don't remember a Ramen rank called Currier. And Acence, sister of Atiaran? Is my memory just failing me, or are these new names?

It was quite disturbing to look something up and find all these names that weren't familiar (all those Waynhim names - did I sleep through parts of the first two chronicles?). I anticipated that they might be in the rest of the book... but, no.

NIK
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Well, it looks like there will be movement through time...perhaps they will be come relevant as the story moves on.

Atiaran's sister was mentioned in LFB, I think currier might be new. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

It was mentioned when the Cord's were talking about the Ramen camp at eh foothills of the Mountains.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I thought there wwas something wrong with the glossery too....it looks like it was just about every entry from every other glossery in it...maybe some of the things from the past will come up again....I doubt if Covenants mount from the Quest (Dura Fairflanks) will be in these books, but she's in the glossery...?

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”