Your KW name

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cail
Lord

Your KW name

Post by Cail »

This may have been brought up before, so I apologize in advance if it has.

Many of us have chosen names from the Chrons. I joined less than a year ago, and my first choice was Cail. Why, because I could be no one else from the chrons. I won't spoil this for anyone who hasn't gotten to the 2nd Chrons, but literally, to know me is to know Cail.

So I'm curious, for everyone else with a TCTC name here, did you choose it because you identified with it, or just because it sounded cool?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

It's funny because I chose Ur-Vile because it was the first thing that came into my head, yet the whole 'despising themselves' thing is something that plagues me. I changed it to Loremaster to reflect that I graduated recently with an advanced degree.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I am Queeaqueg or Darkmoon. I will never tell you the purpose of those names. My other name is Naver Htard which (if you have not guessed) is Darth Revan backwards. It is also Darth Revan's alter ego.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Well I think mine is obvious.

I choose this name to oppose Loremaster.

As for "Hierachy", it's an enigma! That or a typo, I'm not sure which.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Hmm, I don't recall reading about me in the chronicles.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've mentioned this before, but I forget where, so I'll repeat it here. When I joined, there were very few members and only a couple had non-TC names. Since it was my first message board, I assumed that was just the way these things were done, and chose a TC-themed name. I chose Roger Covenant because I thought he'd be a young man by now (though he'd actually be older than me, but whatever) but calling myself Roger Covenant would have been lame, and just Roger might lead people to think it's my real name. So I went with this slightly whimsical version.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Because I definitely identify with the character!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm unimaginative, so I grabbed an obscure character name from LFB.
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

I thought dromond was exclusive to Giants then found that it really is an English word for ship (circa 1600)

I wanted something that was associated with Giants but a little wider than a specific character's name.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

The Leper Fairy came from a spurt of randomness while confusing my friend's brother on MSN 3 years ago. Then leper fairies apparently went *poink* a lot. I haven't *poink*ed in a long time though. Please don't take that the wrong way!

Pie and Cake
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

My first Name was ... my name. And then after a while, seeing the creativity at the Watch I thought: "what a boring choice I made!" ;)

And since I'm fond of things cosmic I thought, why not be the "Creator"... and voila!!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Nathan is the name of a furniture company.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The Leper Fairy wrote:I haven't *poink*ed in a long time though. Please don't take that the wrong way!
8O :haha: All fairies need a good *poink* from time to time.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Mine was easy. Covenant and I share the same initials (except maybe the middle one) and first name. TOMC seemed accurate in both terms and with a little tweak I ended up with aTOMiC.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

My name has nothing and everything to do with the book. Actually, I thought it up when starting the online personals, because is defines who I am. I am a soul on a quest. I am steadly working toward my destination.

I haven't *poinked* in... oh, lord, so long I can't remember. 8O
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

mine is just an alter-ego I use for any disembodied communication. It was a name I was 'jokingly' baptized under by a priest with a sense of humour (and a good friend of the family).
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Mine's the handle I use pretty much everywhere online. If you see another Alynna somewhere (particularly fanfic sites) it's most likely me - I have yet to run across another Alynna.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

I chose Sheol becose people are always telling me that I am very malevolent and it seemed to fit. I guess if you knew me it would be less more understandable.
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I wanted the name Mhoram, after my favourite character, but Lord Mhoram already had it, so I just looked for another way to say the same thing.

PS - There is a thread in The Summonsing called "your name here" that is just like this, so lots of others may already have posted there. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

I "poink" often.

However, I believe Ur-Vile was my first choice, followed by Lord Foul, but then I remembered the least remembered character in all the books. Baradakas had a powerful impact on me, partly due to the test of truth and partly because his name is so much like mine....
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"

Return to “General Discussion Forum”