Napolean Dynomite

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Napolean Dynomite

Post by [Syl] »

Eh, wasn't bad. The beginning is very slow and half an hour into the movie I was getting so tired of waiting for the point I almost stopped watching it, but the characters, strangely absurd and realistic at once, kept me watching. Think Seinfeld meets Freaks and Geeks. There's some good laughs towards the end, and it's fairly heartwarming. If you're in the mood for something a little different but don't expect too much, go ahead and watch it.
Metal-Demon
Giantfriend

Post by Metal-Demon »

I'm looking forward to seeing this one ...
-- I've learnt everything I need to know about life just by listening to RUSH --
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I couldn't really see what was so funny at first with this film, but as it goes through it just gets stranger, and can be quite amusing in the second half. I guess it just grows on you. A movie without a point, but still worth seeing.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Wish I had read this thread first - I got this movie yesterday but turned it off after 20 minutes. Maybe I should give it a 2nd chance?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I heard all sorts of great things about this movie and saw it with high hopes.

I sat through the entire film, shut it off, and said, "huh?". There is no point to it. There are a couple of chuckles, but overall I thought it was a waste of time. Not horrible, more like a void in my life that could have been used much more productively.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

i liked it very much. a quirky little set piece.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

An unusual Revenge of the Nerds type movie. I sat through all of it. It wasn't a bad movie, and there were certainly some interesting characters, but there was very little point to it.
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

i liked the world that was created. not every movie has to have deep meaning. some can exist as quirky little asides.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I loved it!

It's just the little things that are hilarious.

You know what I hate about it?

All the people it's spawned who run around quoting it constantly in very crap Napoleon voices. Aughhhhh

Pie and Cake
Metal-Demon
Giantfriend

Post by Metal-Demon »

I quite liked the movie. But I'm kinda odd that way I guess.
-- I've learnt everything I need to know about life just by listening to RUSH --
Avytaya
Stonedownor

Post by Avytaya »

I finally saw this movie this weekend. I thought it was hilarous, but not in an obvious way-it is very subtle, like Napoleon's t-shirts! Cracked me up! Made me laugh how everyone was stuck in 1986.
You know what I hate about it?

All the people it's spawned who run around quoting it constantly in very crap Napoleon voices. Aughhhhh
Gosh! lol

-Avy
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

really want to see this film.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

You either like this movie or you don't. I thought it was funny because it as so random, but that is me...
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

It has the Numa Numa dance........ :twisted: Even if he is doin' the Prince/Madonna/Michael Jackson dance thing. :roll:

Return to “Flicks”