Thomas Covenant at Warrenbridge: LFB. Spoilers Series 1 &

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

wayfriend wrote:Just thoughts. But it all ties together, moon and bridge, to me.
Sure, I think its fun to 'join the dots'.

For my part, while composing a piece of music my thoughts turned to the Warrenbridge scenes and before I knew what I was doing the piece had found a frame of referance, and focus. In the imagination it was as if the 'Word' became the music. Making it possible even for a Ranyhyn to cross the bridge - perhaps on its way to the trough of Earthblood - inward and down through the ravelled and curiously wrought passages!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

wayfriend wrote:I agree, the situation with the moon is more complex than I gave it credit for in my last post. The fairest statement I would make along those lines is: Covenant's ring seemed to be affected by Drool's power to change the moon. Which is similar to its resonance with the power wielded at the Bridge.

This may simply be signalling that the ring is responding to power, a device which reaches a fruition in the destruction of the Staff of Law. But the ring itself represents Covenant's agency. So it also signals something about Covenant. I feel like it does. He is caught up in Drool's plot, like a leaf in a stream, not exerting any choices except those of denial. If you deny the ring's power, it can become someone else's.

Just thoughts. But it all ties together, moon and bridge, to me.
I love your mindfulness WF .. Im not sure how else to describe it .. not really going for an alternative mindfulness but the way you SEE.

And open the minds of others to SEE too.

Clever .. very interesting musings .. 👌
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”