KW ANTHOLOGY: DEADLINE DAY HAS PASSED

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

aTOMiC
Lord

KW ANTHOLOGY: DEADLINE DAY HAS PASSED

Post by aTOMiC »

Greetings,

For all of you that are preparing to submit a story or poem to the submission team of the Anthology, I thought I'd send up this signal flare that the deadline is fast approaching. Don't panic if you believe that you will run past Jan 31st. As long as you let someone know what your situation is we will certainly extend the deadline to give you a chance to finish. If the submission team doesn't know you are working on a story they will proceed with the submission selection process and the editors will begin without your story. That would be bad for everyone. I don't want anyone to be left out if they want to contribute.

I have heard from a member of the submissions team and it sounds like the process thus far is going very well.

I look forward to reading each of your stories and poems!

TOM
Last edited by aTOMiC on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

It's going very well. :D

So far the Selection Team (dlbpharmd, Matrixman and myself) have received 16 submissions from 13 sources; ten short stories and six poems.

Of these we have finished discussions on eight, with the second eight being read and re-read, disected and discussed.

However real life, in the form of broken computers, unwell children, friends in need, and the basics such as work, is always encroaching, and we understand that it does the same for authors as well.

Consequently, if you are wishing to submit a work but real life is preventing you from finishing it on time, please send one of the Selection Team members a Private Message, or email KWAnthology@gmail.com, advising when you expect to be finished your work, and we will be happy to extend the deadline.

However, there will be NO EXTENSIONS AFTER FEBRUARY 1, so please be in contact before then if you are going to have any problems submitting on time.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Well, we have 50 individual submissions now, 36 poems and 14 short stories. 8O

Don't let that put you off though. If you have an idea, then get it finished and submit it. NOW! :x

Also, we have only had one Watcher let us know that they can't be finished by the end of the month due to real life. If you are having that problem, please email the Selection Team ASAP on KWAnthology@gmail.com. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

As you may or may not know, I am submitting two short stories, one of which is complete, and one which is not. I'm not planning on submitting either until the last day, when I hoope to submit both. However, I may need an extra few days to a week to complete the second one.
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I am working on a story and I think it will be done on time, but I may run over. It is VERY difficult for a single mom to have enough quiet time to write. I think I will be able to get a lot accomplished on Saturday night because the girls are going to a Gurl Scout Princess Ball with my dad and brothers. I wil be down at least 2 out of 3 kids.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Don't forget to email the Anthology email address and let us know when you expect to be finished if you can't make the deadline. :D

And that in cludes you Hi. :P

Sum sui generis
Vs

hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

variol son wrote:Don't forget to email the Anthology email address and let us know when you expect to be finished if you can't make the deadline. :D

And that in cludes you Hi. :P

Sum sui generis
Vs
How about I just write a draft *from* KWAnthology@gmail.com and just move it into the inbox? :P
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Just a quick heads-up. If you are still planning to submit something, email us at KWAnthology@gmail.com and let us know if you are going to be a little late at all. We have only heard from one person so far and so are assuming that everyone else who wants to submit something will be able to do so by the end of the day, 31/01/2005.

Sum sui generis
Vs

Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

This is gonna ROCK!!!
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I'm really excited about the book. Now that nearly all the submissions are in we can focus our attention on selection, edting and publication. I can't wait to order the finished book! I've read some of what has been submitted and I think its going to be very cool. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hi all, just a quick update on how things are going. :D

Matrixman, dlbpharmd and I have only three more submissions to decide on. Once this has been done I will send a private message to each Watcher who submitted their work to let them know whther or not they have been successful, and to thank them for bothering to submit at all. Then an official announcement will be posted.

So, expect to see that announcement within a fortnight. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Excellent!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I have heard nothing one way or the other, so I guess I'm one of those last three. Still, it's good to know how close you guys are to being finished with this stage of the Anthology.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

The only people who know are four or so authors who have been contacted by the Editing Team, so all the rest, successful or otherwise, still need to be updated. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I am ready for any further stories from the submission committee. Last I heard there were still three under consideration.

Editor Dragonlily,
Pen behind earfeathers
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Well, we are done. 8O

dlbpharmd, Matrixman and I have made final decisions on all the submissions received. An announcement on which submissions were selected for the Anthology will be made within the next three days. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”