thinnies

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

Warmark
Lord

thinnies

Post by Warmark »

what are they? ive heard they are holes created by kings imagination. opinions?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I just figured they were symptoms of the world "moving on" and represented, quite literally, thin spots between various worlds.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I think exactly the same thing Cail does. :)
Love as thou wilt.

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

I agree with Cail and Duchess . . . but I think Warmark was making a joke, right? As in plotholes? Or am I reading too much into the comment?
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I took his question literally as the story can be considered as a personification of King's imagination. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

when i first read it i asumed that they were just 'thin' spots.

but i it was on another web page that kings imagination was so powerful that it caused thinnies.

i dont no confusion

Return to “Stephen King Forum”