Retired - Not a Chance

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Retired - Not a Chance

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Stephen King's website says a new novel will be published in October 2005, entitled The Colorado Kid.

It's part of the new Hard Case Crime paperback publishing outfit, who are putting out pulp style crime noir fiction.

I'll be all over that book like a cheap suit in a thunderstorm. That's a pulp-like figure of speech, right? :P
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

i have to wait for the PB, or get in line at the library. one of these i'm going to try the Dark Tower series. read the first and never went back.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I had a lot of problems with the first book...the rest are quite different in tone, and I enjoyed them much more.
Spoiler
What happens with the little boy (which is what I had the big problem with) is sort of like Covenant's rape of Lena in LFB -- something awful that must happen for the rest of the story to unfold .
Love as thou wilt.

dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

your spoiler is much like why i put down Gerald's Game. it took me a few years to return.
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

DennisRWood, The Colorado Kid IS a paperback. First printing will be pb. That's all this pulp outfit publishes. So you won't have to wait.

As for the DT comments, Roland is a man driven by obsession . . . and he often makes the hard choices. He's not a rosy Dudley Do-Right, no doubt about it. 8)
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three

Return to “Stephen King Forum”