TC Musings, Q & A, Dissecting Against All Things Ending

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

The cool thing is, this year the Dark of the Moon is actually happening on the Middle Night of Spring. Which is what makes it Banas Nimoram ;-)

mod edit danlo>sorry to nitpick but let's leave as many FR spoilers out of this forum as possible-trying to be consistent...
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Only 2 more chapters in the Fatal Revenant dissection left!!!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We just filled all the spots!!! :S
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The dissection has begun early, great job lurch! Go to FR Chapt. 1
Manny Calavera
Stonedownor

Post by Manny Calavera »

Cord Gary wrote:I always envisioned the Ritual as something not unlike a nuclear explosion (minus the radiation) -- just a complete unleashing of the most destructive capabilities of nature in a single violent instant.

But that's just me. :)

I always thought of it as the transition you'd see between a fertile sun to a desert sun,but more drawn out over hours,then mere minutes,as the description was in the 2nd chrons.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Vain wrote:So we can muse about the bra size of The First? ;)
LOL... 85 Triple Z

heres a question.

what would the Elohim do for a Klondike bar?
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Quick-freeze an Arguleh.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I was just about to post a huge rant in Dissecting the Land about all these members who swear up and down how much they love the Chronicles but are too busy playing Pantheon, WofW, Suduko and god knows what to join the analysis of Fatal Revenant. Hypocrites all, scum of the earth. I even asked my co-mod there, dlb, if an announcement about the dissection was even posted in the Fatal Revenant forum-sure they want to tear the book apart, but they don't have they balls to read along and contribute to real, serious chapter by chapter discussion. I can't believe I associate with you people- real SRD fans are afraid to dissect. I'm glad I decided not to post that rant, *whew*.

Anyway, here's a bright side to the whole deal, Menolly never goes there-so it's a "chicken soup" free zone.

disclaimer: Menolly will understand that her name was used with all due respect, and take a lot of what I say with the humor intended. (but, I'm still mad at most of you! :x :P 8) )
Last edited by danlo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Look at the post above and gets your butts to Dissecting the Land, if you call yourselves Covenant fans.

In the meantime lets get some interesting topics that have to do with the Chrons up here instead of all these jokes and the THOOLAH and other weirdness crap. I tell you I'm ready to delete the entire frontpage! :biggrin:
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Hey, I just work here, man... ;)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Mind/Union
Stonedownor

Post by Mind/Union »

Ugh, I just spoiled some serious stuff from TPTP by reading this forum. I'm on the first chapter of The Blood of the Earth from TIW and the fact that the book never really discussed Covenant being Elena's father was bothering me—I'd assumed that he was, but was starting to think I may have been wrong. So I did a forum search to clear up the issue. I ended up learning that:

* Elena goes crazy or becomes a "bad guy" at some point
* Covenant confronts her in TPTP and destroys the staff of law

Of course I regretted having seen this, but I tried to put it out of my mind and picked up the book again. Literally halfway down the page, Covenant said "Hellfire! I'm your father." I then felt sick to my stomach and had to stop reading. What an idiot I am.

Am I taking this too hard? Did I really ruin the rest of the First Chronicles, or are there any twists/surprises left (don't tell me what they are ;))?
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Mind Union -- theres plenty left. TPTP is worth every word you read. DO not despair however ... this .. er ... forum may assail you!
Mind/Union
Stonedownor

Post by Mind/Union »

Well, I just finished TIW. 8O is all I can say. That, and I feel like punching Caerroil Wildwood in the face.

I will ABSOLUTELY be finishing the series.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Mind/Union wrote:Well, I just finished TIW. 8O is all I can say. That, and I feel like punching Caerroil Wildwood in the face.

:lol: I think you've just inspired me to put a re-read on my list...
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

iQuestor wrote:Why doesn't Hile Troy's summon fail when Atarian dies in the act of summoning him? Isn't it <b>Law</b> that the person summoned goes back when the summoner dies?
There is a possibility I always entertained that Troy survived the fire and became a vegetable for 10 years before finally dying. The parallels are striking.
Tamalone
Stonedownor

Post by Tamalone »

Mind/Union wrote:Well, I just finished TIW. 8O is all I can say. That, and I feel like punching Caerroil Wildwood in the face.

Way to go! :D
And be sure to read the Second Chronicles as well. No spoilers from me, but reading The Wounded Land back in 1981 made my eyes (almost) pop out of their sockets...

You're probably more brave than I am. I wouldn't dare punch a Forestal in the face.
"You won't find ordinary people here" (Don DeLillo - Running Dog)
"You stared at me till your eyeballs smoked. Was it anger, or love, or the caffeine in your Coke?" -Was (not Was)
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Bravery aside, I suspect that you would be "hearin' da muzik" long before you got the punch off...
:biggrin:
... nobody I know.
Tamalone
Stonedownor

Post by Tamalone »

I'm afraid you're right, Ajk..

I can see me skewered by several branches or bullet-ridden by thousands of acorns, fired by an army of blood-thirsty oaks. Or just trampled upon by a sequoia.

Besides, I have no quarrel with Wildwood. In fact, we could use some of his kind in the Amazon or the Indonesian rainforests.

Do you know how to summon someone from the Land to our world?
"You won't find ordinary people here" (Don DeLillo - Running Dog)
"You stared at me till your eyeballs smoked. Was it anger, or love, or the caffeine in your Coke?" -Was (not Was)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

OK guys. We have 10 people signed up to dissect Against All Things Ending--plenty of slots available! Get 'em while you can! Go to AATE
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We need more dissectors (or chapter leads) chapters 4 & 5 are coming up quickly and while dlb and I could cover them we'd love to have you gals and guys get first crack at them. Hey, there are a lot of new folks dissecting AATE this year so newbies-don't be afraid-help us out and sign up please!

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”