So hows the weather?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

firelion
Giantfriend

So hows the weather?

Post by firelion »

So hows the weather?
Last edited by firelion on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"And now for something completely different".
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Well, at least you're safely under the watch, instead of in it.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Last weekend, I uncovered the last of this years wood (For burnin') with the plan of taking it inside the house-I was delayed, and then it rained for 3 days straight, followed by a cold snap, but by then, the wood was worthless..at least until we get some Sun...But it looks like it will be staying above freezing from now on!!
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

Hot. Can I have winter back now please?

I love California for a lot of reasons, but the heat is definitely not one of them. I sweat like a pig in the heat AND I give off a lot of body heat as it is, which makes things even worse. It's barely spring and I'm already dreading summer.

At least the office, my house and my car all have air conditioning, to say nothing of the fact that at least it's dry heat most of the time. I've heard about the humidity in New Orleans, for instance. ::shudder::
Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

We're having a desert sun here at the moment. There were still bits of snow on the ground this morning, and now you'd think there had never been any such thing as snow in the world. In a couple of days we'll have a sun of rain, but it's a bit early for a fertile sun yet at this latitude.

People think SRD made up the Sunbane. Actually, he stole it from the weather office in Alberta.
Without the Quest, our lives will be wasted.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

That's outright weather plagiarism!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

..Channeled

Post by lurch »

..I prefer my weather btw of The Weather Channel. Some thing about Sue Resultan.
...Local forecasters are clowns. They just have to have a gimmick. Gets old fast.
...Fortunately,,living in the southwest of USA,,I don't have to pay alot of attention to the forecasters. On average,,what..280 some days a year of sunshine. Even if we do have " weather"..it moves thru rather quickly,as in hours.
...Today..brite, clear, visibilty at least 30 miles if not more,,highs in the upper 70's to low 80's,,lows tonite in the mid 50's. ..Slite winds gusting to 15mph. A beautiful,,Chamber Of Commerace Day,,postcard perfect day. Actually its been this way all week.
Not even a hint of the triple digit days,,just weeks away...May the wind always be at your back...MEL
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I think spring might finally be here!!! 8)

Most of the snow is gone (we're down to the parking lot piles), and the first two bright yellow crocuses of the year started blooming this morning next to my backdoor! Image
Love as thou wilt.

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Hmmph-Must suck, the weather being that boring!!
I'll take my ever changing weather any day!!
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

duchess of malfi wrote:I think spring might finally be here!!! 8)

Most of the snow is gone (we're down to the parking lot piles), and the first two bright yellow crocuses of the year started blooming this morning next to my backdoor! Image
Hi, Duchess!

Sue and I planted yellow crocus last fall and just now are beginning to see their beauty! A little late here in Indiana but the first year is like that, I guess.

Tulips and daffodils are peeking through the ground, too! We love it, being the first time (last fall) we really had time to pay attention to the yard. 8)
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

www.noaa.gov ...If the government doesn't say it, it can't be true! ;)

On the whole, I've found it to be more accurate than places like Accuweather and (for the most part)The Weather Channel... and especially the local weather guys, who seem to just say whatever sounds dramatic at the moment. "This weathercast is a loose interpretation of the actual prevailing weather conditions. Any weather forecast made by this station should be treated as a rough estimate with little basis in reality."
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Variol Farseer wrote:
People think SRD made up the Sunbane. Actually, he stole it from the weather office in Alberta.
:LOLS:
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Rain. And more rain. It has rained most of the winter and early spring. Supposed to rain tomorrow. Good thing too. We sure need the rain. :roll:
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

We've actually got some sun today, as a break from the grey. Grey is definitely the default weather here.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I wonder how bad the floods down south are gonna be this year.
Wonderful British summers, eh?
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

We have a nice clear white sky today. Not a drop of rain!
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. :P

At least it's not snow. <sigh>
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

It POURED! But only when we were getting back to the vans. I spent all morning traipsing aroung a wetland and only got marginally wet. Then, right as we were turning to head for the vans, the steady drizzle turned into buckets of rain. We were all soaked within 30 seconds... even the people with the hip-waders on didn't get spared.

Same thing happened at the second site - it was even sunny for a while before the skies opened up. And in between, I had to wear those wet clothes (no sense changing when I knew I'd get wet again) from 11am until 5:30, when we finally finished up for the day and stopped at a gas station to change.

Most of us looked like we'd fallen in and had to be fished out...but all the while, hardly anybody stepped in the water to more than mid-calf depth. How is that fair?
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:It POURED! But only when we were getting back to the vans. I spent all morning traipsing aroung a wetland and only got marginally wet. Then, right as we were turning to head for the vans, the steady drizzle turned into buckets of rain. We were all soaked within 30 seconds... even the people with the hip-waders on didn't get spared...

...Most of us looked like we'd fallen in and had to be fished out...but all the while, hardly anybody stepped in the water to more than mid-calf depth. How is that fair?
It's called dramatic irony, I think. ;) The Heavenly Hosts are on a major bummer because everyone down here's so taken up with His Holiness's death, and God felt that it was time for some comic relief. Think of it this way: your adventures cheered up entire choirs of angels & archangels, and all the Company of Heaven! :D

Plus, you got to hang out and do wetland-y type stuff! (Did you find any newts? I love newts.)
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

Return to “General Discussion Forum”