How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Worm of Despite
Lord

How do you feel today?

Post by Worm of Despite »

I feel kind of crappy, but I think a little exercise will fix that. I just ate too much the past two days. I feel kind of disoriented, because school just ended, and I was used to the routine of it. I ran in the indoor track around 9:00 AM every weekday, and now I have to do that around the subdivision. Stupid change.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

My allergies are driving me nuts, I have a bad sinus headache, and I have to leave for work in a few minutes. In other words, today is not a good day. :evil:

On the other hand, two more nights at work and I can have a three day weekend, so that thought is cheering me up. :)
Love as thou wilt.

The Pumpkin King
<i>Haruchai</i>
Location: If I knew that, I wouldn't be here, would I? ;) Or, really, would I? Gaaaahh...

Post by The Pumpkin King »

I'm just getting out of an awful stomach virus that had me in bed all day yesterday. >.<; Familarizing myself with what I eat post-digestion wasn't exactly my ideal of what a good day should be.

I'm normallish though, now.
Go Godzilla, go!
Jurassic Lizard Superstar Hero
Go Godzilla, go!
For the people, for the planet!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm alright. There was a bomb scare at work, so we got a couple of hours off to go and have coffee. And I get to see my girlfriend in two days, so that's good. Unfortunately, I'm really tired.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Bomb scare?! What happened? Everything alright?

Also: the day has gotten better. After the exercise I felt less like I was going in slow motion, and then I watched the new DVDs I bought: The Godfather Collection and All in the Family, Season One. I think I'll cap the day off by beating Half-Life for the third time. Now, if I can just not eat anything else, heh.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Ah, they never tell us when we have a bomb threat. They just keep us working, and our friends in the police department tell us later. :|

You're so lucky to get to go home under those circumstances!!

Well, my shift is half over, so 1 1/2 word shifts to go until my long weekend!!!

On Friday we'll be helping out with a take-down tournament and a charity pig roast. On Saturday we'll be taking the kids down to the nice hotel where we had our honeymoon. There's a great pool there, so the kids should have a blast. And the best brunch in the state of Ohio is there on Sunday mornings!! :D :D :D
Love as thou wilt.

lurch
The Gap Into Spam

How do I feel? let me count the ways..

Post by lurch »

...Today has become the classic day, that follows a nite of less than 4 hours sleep. I way to easily found the alarm clock and quieted it. And my eyes stayed open and my mind was leading the pack out of the gates.

I said to my self during breaking the fast,,enjoy it, because you know , somewhere in mid afternoon, it will evaporate like a fools money. Yes, all day i have been feeling quite good despite recent exertions and bug bites
Perhaps the extra starch to my diet has helped. Its been a while since mashed potatoes graced the supper plate and I baked enuf for all week servings, god bless the micro wave.

I've also had a bout with the M&Ms of late. Literally. Having won a M&M " jar" in a recent comapny training session and leaving on my desk, it follows to have the candy in the jar then. Not paying attention i picked up the medium size with peanut butter M&M's . Now, normal M&M's, normal sized ,I have control of my want of. A bag of said size can keep the M&M jar occupied a week. But the peanut butter...not only do they taste great, but they bring me in touch with aspects of humanality infrequently visited of late. Abandonment is one such trait peanut butter M&M's allow me to reaquaint myself with. They're like mini, mini Reeses Cups. And I have no control. I mean,,last nite,,they constitued my supper. And I drew the jar of Wanton Temptation down to empty this afternoon in wallowing disregard for anything besides the peanut butter and chocolate. They really are helping keeping the days inevitable collapse at bay. How did James Brown put it?: I feel Good..Just like I knew I would, now...I feel Better, like chocolate and peanut butter..SO Good! So GOOD, I got M&M"S!!Heeeeeygh!...

Okay, thats all I got. My brain is so tired I don't even have anything for the dailey figurative landscape post..MEL
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I am feeling much better today. My nose is freely running, so the sinus pressure is gone. :) Its amazing what a lack of pain can do to make someone feel better! 8)

One more night of work, and then a glorious three day weekend!!! Image
Love as thou wilt.

Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I'm feeling fairly crappy at the moment, as I'm still slowly recovering from a bout of post-viral fatigue syndrome that started in the tail end of last year. I'm able to do a bit of fencing again now, and I'm cycling to work most days (as well as risking life and limb downhill mountain biking at weekends) which is helping. Still feel like I'm not getting any benefit from sleep though.

Today has been especially sucky, as I arrived at the hospital to collect some samples only to be told that both clinics had been cancelled and they forgot to let me know. I seriously considered going home and spending the day relaxing (doing a bit of housework and reading a few journals more like) but decided that there were more constructive things I could do with my time and headed back to the lab.

The air conditioning units in our lab aren't very well positioned and as a result my bench gets a bit too warm. I don't mind this but my meticulously calibrated gravity flow systems do and one of them stopped working whilst I was at lunch and dried out a gel filtration column that I have spent the rest of the day re-packing. I actually would have been better off if I'd gone home straight from the hospital.

Still, I'm going to gorge myself silly at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet in about an hour's time so it's not all bad.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I feel like writing today!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
firelion
Giantfriend

Post by firelion »

I feel great!Despite my mosquito bites and sunburn.I went to the doctor,my BP was 120/70-I played with my kids-I went fishing,then dressed and ate the fish(catfish).Great day!
"And now for something completely different".
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

First day of a three day weekend! Who cares if its going to snow later today? I feeeeeeelllllllll ggggoooooooodddd (cues up Motown song). :D 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Fishing sounds great...
I feel pretty darn good though.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I feel with my fingers for the most part.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Loremaster wrote:I feel like writing today!
YAY!!!

Write--then share some of it! I would LOVE to see some.

Myself--I am cranky and out of sorts.

I have a headache, and the dumb lady at Perkins accused one of my homeroom of not paying--and IIIIIIII paid for all the kids! GRRRRRR.

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
Metal-Demon
Giantfriend

Post by Metal-Demon »

I'm tired and kinda sad ...
-- I've learnt everything I need to know about life just by listening to RUSH --
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

:( Sorry to hear, MD.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Just got back from a day of pointlessness with my friends. My friend Joseph was on a two-week leave from the Airforce, and today was his last day. What does he do? He goes to an emo store (of all places) and spends what feels like 3 hours trying on clothes to impress some emo girl in there. And then he tried to buy the clothes, but his check bounced. Winner.

We then tried to go to a place called Dave and Busters to piss Joseph off, because you have to be 21 and he's only 19 (we didn't tell him there was an age limit). The joke backfired, though, because Seth, who couldn't find a single parking spot at Dave and Busters, got impatient, so he went ahead and gave the joke away to Joseph. Bah.

And then we tried to go to a movie but the theater wasn't even showing it at all, so we finally just went to Gondolier's. I ate something with lots of cheese, and the dessert was a huge slice of some kind of chocolate cake with a giant strawberry on top. I had expected something smaller, but oh well; you win some ya lose some.

And after such a long and pointless day, I'm completely spent and it's 1:33 AM. And I still need to buy the Star Wars DVDs. Damn it.
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

fed up with the think tank.

but we're going to the Houston Texans draft party where I will get my pic taken with cheerleaders. so that should make up for!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Just woke up. Feeling okay, aside from trying not to sneeze. Going to go buy the Star Wars DVDs after breakfast and have a marathon. I still look presentable (some days my hair looks messy after I wake up, but today I was lucky).

Return to “General Discussion Forum”