New Trivia Thread!

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

mortem
Stonedownor

Post by mortem »

Buckarama wrote:What does alantha taste like?
Peaches?
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Yes, i think its described like that, there are probabley other fruit references aswell.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

peaches and lime with a tinge of salt is the description I recall.

Kinda like really good gatorade I imagine.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Gunslinger is correct. Peach with a burst of salt and lime. Or something like that. I love this trivia thread. I hate that it doesn't get any more attention than it does. Part of it is my fault, I know. Ok, here's one for you. Where was Hile Troy when his Land-sight was taken from him? I mean physical location. Here's another. What is the name of the river that flows through the Elohim's domain? I'm on a roll! What is Hollian's mother's name? What are the names of the five Coursers that bore the company toward Revelstone? What was the name of the jaunty sea-craft that the Giant brothers were sailing when Cable Seadreamer received his injury? What is the name of the mother of the triplets that later became Ravers? What's the name of the concoction made from diamondraught and vitrim? What was it reluctantly used for? I have to stop now; I will be awake until tomorrow doing this. I'll be checking soon and want some questions to test my TC knowledge in return.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Rocksister wrote:Where was Hile Troy when his Land-sight was taken from him? I mean physical location.
Doriendor Corishev.
What is the name of the mother of the triplets that later became Ravers?
Wavenhair Haleall.
What's the name of the concoction made from diamondraught and vitrim?
Pitchbrew.

:lol:

--A
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Rocksister wrote:Gunslinger is correct. Peach with a burst of salt and lime. Or something like that. I love this trivia thread. I hate that it doesn't get any more attention than it does. Part of it is my fault, I know. Ok, here's one for you. Where was Hile Troy when his Land-sight was taken from him? I mean physical location. Here's another. What is the name of the river that flows through the Elohim's domain? I'm on a roll! What is Hollian's mother's name? What are the names of the five Coursers that bore the company toward Revelstone? What was the name of the jaunty sea-craft that the Giant brothers were sailing when Cable Seadreamer received his injury? What is the name of the mother of the triplets that later became Ravers? What's the name of the concoction made from diamondraught and vitrim? What was it reluctantly used for? I have to stop now; I will be awake until tomorrow doing this. I'll be checking soon and want some questions to test my TC knowledge in return.

What are the names of the five Coursers that bore the company toward Revelstone?

I think there was only one that took Sunder and Hollian and Linden, while TC ran there?
Towards Coercri = Clash, Clangor etc?
Heh dont have the books so i cant check.

Pitchbrew was used as a weapon by Pitchwife, i think.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

The Coursers were Din, Clash, Clangor, Annoy and one other I can't remember.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

You guys are awesome; can't get nothin' on you. The other Courser was Clang. Pitchwife's concoction was indeed pitchbrew, and he unfortunately had to use it to strike Grim flakes out of the air when the company entered Revelstone and were assailed by the Grim. Hollian's mother was Amith. This trivia thread is fun. Here's another one; one of Thomas Covenant's best seller books was mentioned to LA by Dr. Berenford. What was the name of the book?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Oh, yea, one more I forgot. The sea craft sailed by the Giant brothers was called Foamkite. I know, I have GOT to get a life.............

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Or I Will Sell My Soul For Guilt. In which he argues that guilt is power, and the innocent are powerless.

...And I can't believe there isn't a big discussion on that subject somewhere in here, considering the nature of Covenant and Linden's pasts. Anyone know if there's an old topic lying around?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I love this trivia thread. I hate that it doesn't get any more attention than it does. Part of it is my fault, I know.
Rocksister, please just ask one question at a time, that way you can assure yourself that the thread is getting adequate attention! ;)
What is the name of the river that flows through the Elohim's domain?
Callowwail.
What is Hollian's mother's name?
Amith.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Sorry, dlbpharmd, like I said, I need to get a life. They hit me all at once and I'm afraid I'll forget them later. It's the curse of age. That would be a good topic, the book Covenant wrote. It's so intimately intertwined with the whole series I can't believe we aren't discussing it. But anyway, you guys are truly sharp, and I shall endeavor not to drown you. So here's ONE, just ONE question. Oh, it's so HARD to do just one....... Who was Covenant's son named after?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Joan's father?

--A
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Yup. :D

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Ah, I leave for a while and this thread magically revives... Coincidence?

In the absence of a question I will pose one...

Who was Staff Elder of the Loresraat during the Illearth War?
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Asuraka.

Who was the Sword Elder of the Loresraat during the same period, and how many Lords did he or she train?

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Grrr i cant rmember his name.

Is it Drinshok, or something similar?

He would have trained All the Lord at the Time of TIW and some from the time of LFb so im guessing 9?

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

--A
Roger, I believe. Joan named her son after him (without asking Tom - just announcing it to him).
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Okay, I'm really pushing it here, but I know I'm not the only person here who has read the TC books more than ten times, so this will be a piece of cake. The little girl who was bitten by the snake; Why was she in that area of the woods alone?

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

She ran away because her parents smacked her i think.

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”